390lbs

SHRUG

Mike, the interest in public demonstrations and such is quite simple, it is furthering old-time strongmanism and camaraderie amongst folks with a common interest. I've been fortunate to meet lots of good friends at various AOBS, Night of Strength, etc. I'm privileged that someone of Dennis Rogers' caliber thinks enough of my abilities to ask me to perform at such a venue.

The reason I bother to pursue certifications is because of my respect for the accomplishments. As far as tooting mine and anyone else's horns, I remember not mentioning the fact that I bent Red Nails for damn near a year before going public, I must be a stark raving self promoter. I prefer actions over talk, and always have, and I'm a put up or shut up kind of guy. I'm the same guy in person that I am on the board, but I admittedly hold myself and everyone around me to the same high standard, which I will not apologize for. I'm not sure who I have cut down? I've probably had more negative shit said about me in chat than anyone I know of, but I don't remember anyone giving me shit in person?

I also don't remember singling out Jim in this post? I was responding to Tomofiowa's mistaken statement that if Jim did certain things he would be the only one who could do them when I know differently. I'd certainly love to see what Jim could do as well as anyone else.....much preferable to hearing about it.

Angry? Nah, if I were angry everyone would know about it :D

I have never heard of anyone doing neck support 'lifts' with 390.I have read all

the reports that are available.

Apparently someone else can do it....but it had not been reported or done at a public exhibition?

I was going off what i have read.

What sort of maximums have people done with a one handed eagle loops deadlift?

I know of a couple of people well over 400.....but was unaware of others doing this lift that heavy.

If someone has set the the bar higher it would be great to know.

Pat - I've said my piece and, now, you've said yours. I stand by mine and you stand by yours. Although I disagree with your explanation, nothing is to be gained through bickering. Let's move on.

Shrug - Keep at it!

Mike M.

Dont worry brother, I will. Your encouragement drives me forward and is greatly appreciated. :rock

Very impressive lifting Shrug! Frank Ciavattone has done 650 (on 11-9-03) and is a USAWA member. At the 2003 Backbreaker meet four guys went over 400 pounds on this lift. This is only meant to inspire you to great heights. I've seen your build and you look like your neck could support 750 or more given time. :rock Check the USAWA website for details if you'd like.

Awesome brother, now I know what I need to shoot for. Can you post a link to that site? :rock

Found the site and printed out the rules for the Neck Lift. It is done completely differently than what I am doing and I think I could put up at least 550lbs the way they are performing the lift. I am gonna start practicing it tomorrow, I will let you guys know how I do. This is awesome, yet another way to make my neck bigger and stronger, and this lift gets into some major poundages. I will shoot for 750lbs like you suggested as soon as possible. :rock:rock:rock:rock

Shrug,

I'd expect you to go above 300k on this. I still hold a weightclass record in the IAWA records on this from 1993 with 326k http://iawa.homestead.com/files/WorldRecor..._201_to_210.pdf

You'll also see Frank Ciavattone's lift of 340.2k done in 2002. Frank is a very nice man from Boston and also has a strong grip as well.

David

Awesome David, I am gonna try my hardest to break the record. I know that with enough training I am capable of it. I know I will go over 300K fairly soon after trying the lift, I think I will be able to get around 550lbs-600lbs on my first attempt. Performing the lift this way is much easier than the way I have been doing it. Thanks for your vote of confidence David, do you think I am capable of breaking the record if I train hard?

Of course, but as with everything in life don't rush it, keep your training strict, especially when it involves the neck.

David

as with everything in life don't rush it, keep your training strict, especially when it involves the neck.

I echo David's suggestion. Take care of your neck, James.

-Jedd-

• 4 weeks later...