It's Time For The Gripboard To Dominate Once Again

Bill Piche

One of the things that should be done as we start getting on the Top 60 list, is to list our sport as 'Grip' or something similar to help give recognition and legitimize grip training as a sport in itself. It would attract a lot of attention to our sport to see 'Grip' on the list over and over and over and over...

BC.

Lets wait until some get into the top 10 first. I'd hate to see you gripsters below badmitton, tennis and such.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• porkbone

• CMunger

I'm curious as to how much higher the records can be pushed. If the top speed is 250 Hz, that's 15000 RPM and the record is already 14550. If we start pushing that even higher it won't be long before some of the guys here will have the strength to exceed the capabilities of the device. They'll have to come up with a 300Hz or higher model.

One of the things that should be done as we start getting on the Top 60 list, is to list our sport as 'Grip' or something similar to help give recognition and legitimize grip training as a sport in itself.  It would attract a lot of attention to our sport to see 'Grip' on the list over and over and over and over...

BC.

Lets wait until some get into the top 10 first. I'd hate to see you gripsters below badmitton, tennis and such.

I don't see any shame in it but to each his own...

BC.

There seems to be a lot of interest and we'll no doubt be discussing techniques, training, etc. So, I think it's time to open a new sub-forum.

One question I have regarding the Top 60 action is the relationship between SCPowerballs and Powerballs.com, in that is the Powerballs.com Top 60 list for ALL Powerball owners, or jsut people who bought them through Powerballs.com. I just think that we might want to get that clarified.

Why? You need to get as good as you can be, then if that is better than most you have a measure of where you stand. If and I hope you do, you are better than everyone then the info you suggest might be useful will then have some use. If it was that importent, using the grippers as an example, we'd have to test each and everyone.

Besides you could always email them...??

I'm curious as to how much higher the records can be pushed. If the top speed is 250 Hz, that's 15000 RPM and the record is already 14550. If we start pushing that even higher it won't be long before some of the guys here will have the strength to exceed the capabilities of the device. They'll have to come up with a 300Hz or higher model.

Looking at the Image Library on their site they show a reading of 15495 on one of the balls. I don't know the relationship between Hz and rpm- just thought I mention the pic.

BC.

I wonder where they got a pic that's 1000 RPM higher than the world record? Strange...

Powerball pics

I'm no physicist, but I'm pretty sure Hz is a per second measurement. Anyone with real science on their side that can help clarify?

Hi!

I just received three of these powerballs today. After a little practice I'm at 10091 (can't seem to find my digital camera right now..). The feeling in my arms is a little like it feels to train with the wrist roller. Right now I can't spin the powerball for more than about 20s :-) I'm a CoC #2. I can tell you it's a lot of fun! It's just too bad I don't have anybody to show until tomorrow... hehehehe..

After playing with mine for a few days, I've found I tend to get higher scores when I turn my wrist sideways, with the powerball facing my opposite hand. It feels more natural once you're up above 10K RPM. I've broken 11K once now and also managed to get 10997 late last night. 3 RPMs off, bah!

Any more room for me to hop on this bandwagon? I just ordered one.

I would also like a seat on said wagon :tongue

You mean 15,000?

So a 250Hz ball shouldn't be able to go faster than 15000 RPM. That's what I thought. Well, now we need to see who can be the first to max out a powerball!

Why? You need to get as good as you can be, then if that is better than most you have a measure of where you stand. If and I hope you do, you are better than everyone then the info you suggest might be useful will then have some use. If it was that importent, using the grippers as an example, we'd have to test each and everyone.

Besides you could always email them...??

I just meant that this whole thing started focusing on the GripBoard "taking over" that particular list, but then it seems that most (myself included) ordered from SCPowerball. I'm just trying to pre-empt the inevitable whine/bitch/flamefest when people who think they should be on the list aren't, blah blah blah. Obviously that is irrelevant as far as the GripBoard's list is concerned, but I just thought it might be nice to clarify for people who might be focused on "the" top 60 list. That's all I was saying.

Is going more than 15000 not possible kind of like exceeding the speed of light?

Once again, my physics is not so good. But I'm thinking to go faster than 15000 you'd need a ball that was rated higher than 250Hz.

the little pamphlet says "ensuring no vibration at speeds in excess of 15,000 rpm"

Leads me to think that it's just rated to 15,000 vibration wise. giving some sort of tolerances, most units are probably capable of 15,500, with some capable of 16,000 and some capable of 15,000. Just a guess. I just got mine, seems pretty slick. Wierd, and my left hand is completely retarded. Will need a lot of practice. Thanks to years of SpiceTV, I was able to pull a 9388 with my right hand immediately out of the box.

This is a turnaround, I saw the powerball in a magazine and being a gadget freak had to get it, and while browsing saw the high scores and progressively found my way to the grippers and here to the gripboard.

Now I can get the powerball back out of the draw again :D

Thats really fun stuff.

5th attempt:

Powerball PR=11237

The day after: :flame

Should new PRs which enter the top 20 be posted in this thread?