It's Time For The Gripboard To Dominate Once Again

Bill Piche

The ONLY difference I can tell between the two is that the Dyna-Flex has no meter on it and the PowerBall does.

Which makes me wonder if you can put a meter on the Dyna-Flex. :shifty

I'm sure you could. Just go down to the gyroscopic meter store and pic up a box of 5. Should be able to just tape one on the side. :rolleyes

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• porkbone

• CMunger

They are similar with similar names, but are manufactred by different people. The Dynaflex powerball is not the Powerball powerball. Neither of them are the lottery powerball. :calm

I did 4 runs of over 11,000 today, but still have not beaten my PR in the stats forum.

I was inspired to go out and answer my own question. They are the same product made by the same company with a different rubberband. The last two links really provide the answers.

Meters

More Meters

Links

DynaFlex Corprate

DynaFlex Store

Wannagrip Posted on Jul 6 2004, 07:12 PM

It must be an offical powerball to be considered for the stats forum. 

Do you mean that it must be a DynaFlex (manufacturer) PowerBall (model) or do you mean that it must be a PowerBall purchased from PowerBalls.com?

Just wondering, I can understand the desire to compare apples to apples but I don't think purchase from a particular place should be required (especially if there is not GripBoard pricing) :tongue .

Are they really the same thing?

I think to be SURE they should be a powerball, period. Let's not all of a sudden put in a variance and not be comparing apples to apples when the powerballs are readily available.

No, the GripBoard gets no benefit from powerball sales.

Dynaflex

1401 N. Kramer Suite B

Anaheim, CA 92806

Powerball Made in Ireland

RPM Sports Ltd.

Nenagh Road, Thurles

Co. Tipperary, Ireland

They are not the same product!

actually, best way might be to check who owns the respective (or same) patents. Possibility of them being distributers of a third party's product? Comparing apples to apples, the pricing appears quite similar.

I believe the actual company behind the Powerball is Nano-second Technology, out of Taiwan. Their name is written on the circuit board for the score display piece and their website actually has the Powerball patent set as a background. They're at:

http://www.nsd.com.tw

Their page on the score display says it keep tracks of both the current high score and the overall high score. An undocumented feature, perhaps? I've only been able to have my Powerball keep track of one high score, and I have to reset it for every run.

Ok, so here I am, recently getting into 'old time' strength routines... Kettlebells, sledge work, grips, stones, bending... Iron! Steel! Ooomph! :)

Now you all got me all excited about some new 21st century plastic thingy that glows and whirs and lights up... The next model powerball will probably speak to me! :D

"You wimp, only 10010? Try again! <beep>"

But... I GOTTA HAVE ONE! :laugh

Ordered one today from scpowerballs

Oh the anticipation!

It says that it develops forty pounds of torque at 15000 rpm. Isn't torque supposed to be foot/pounds? Could someone relate to me what 40lbs of torque feels like?

Thanks,

Karl

It says that it develops forty pounds of torque at 15000 rpm.  Isn't torque supposed to be foot/pounds?  Could someone relate to me what 40lbs of torque feels like?

Thanks,

Karl

I guess it feels like you try to rotate a ball of the size of a powerball and a weight of 40lbs and try to rotate it as you would do to further accelerate the powerball.

If you play with these devices it feels like they gain weight as faster their inner rotor spins. At 15000 it probably feels as if the balls weighs 40lbs.

I have yet to grab one, but I was under the impression that it would feel like you're levering a sledgehammer that's getting progressively longer. I don't think it's a matter of how heavy it feels, but how much force it's applying to try and twist your wrists.

On that note. I gotta get me one of these things! :D

I just ordered one. I wish I could have found one locally though. Seems like they would list their distributors on the website somewhere.

The ONLY difference I can tell between the two is that the Dyna-Flex has no meter on it and the PowerBall does.

Which makes me wonder if you can put a meter on the Dyna-Flex:shifty

I'm sure you could. Just go down to the gyroscopic meter store and pic up a box of 5. Should be able to just tape one on the side. :rolleyes

No, really... I'm not kidding. There is a place on the Dyna-Flex where the meter is on the PowerBall.

The difference between the two products is that one has a guage (meter) and the other one doesn't. If you use the Dyna-Flex you have no idea what kind of progress you are making on it because there is no way to guage your progress.

Got me one from scpowerballs on the way !!!

Dammit I read this thread and immediately had to go order one. My wife probably won't like that. Maybe I can get her addicted to it. :)

Edited by Incindium

I tried Porkbone's today at lunch. Two things were obvious: 1) a big pump, 2) a large coordination factor.

I think by playing with it for a while the necessary coordination would improve along with strength and the numbers. It was fun.

Mike M.

There should be a powerball forum so all the rest of us don't have to read all this bullcrap. 6 pages? What the hell?

MEAT

fair enough?

There should be a powerball forum so all the rest of us don't have to read all this bullcrap. 6 pages? What the hell?

MEAT

fair enough?

Don't read it then. It's just ONE thread. :)

I only have one problem with this whole topic - mine hasn't arrived yet so I feel left out. Com'n delivery man!

My new toy arrived today. :happy

Let the games begin.

First shots:

To get across 11.000 rpm is hard, I guess.

Bill: :bow

Really a nice device. Rotor is exactly as my old spinball but it runs much smoother.

To be continued ...

If Minnesota guys want one, let's order them together so we can get a discount. Let me know and I can make the one purchase for all of us.

BC.

One of the things that should be done as we start getting on the Top 60 list, is to list our sport as 'Grip' or something similar to help give recognition and legitimize grip training as a sport in itself. It would attract a lot of attention to our sport to see 'Grip' on the list over and over and over and over...

BC.