Quest For The #4

SHRUG

Shrug - question about negatives - I've often wondered if negatives work better when you start fatiged or somewhat fresh. Fresh, you can use greater weights on the negatives (at least in the beginning sets); with the sets and reps you do before starting the negatives, are you fatiged or just "warmed up". Your comments on negatives appreciated - and anyone elses too.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SHRUG

• Tom of Iowa2

• Clay Edgin

• jad

I do my negatives on a seperate day from grippers. For example I am going to do 20 sets of negatives today along with 17 singles on my hard thumb clamp. I did 10 sets of negatives yesterday simply because I had just gotton my grip machine and I could not wait to use it. The machine is something that my training partner and I are using to help us crush the #4. I can not say anything else about it other than you have never seen anything quite like it and it puts all other grip machines to shame. You will see it in video soon enough. :rock:rock:rock:rock

Thanks John, I appreciate it bro.

Yesterday's training went like this.

Warm up:

#1 - 1X1

Filed #2 - 1X1

Worksets:

RB 240 - 1X1 overcrush

Steve's #3 - 1X1 overcrush

Dave's filed #3 - 1X1

The rest of the day wdas attempts on harder grippers

Hard RB 260 feels like a good elite - attempt

#4 - attempt

Several negatives on my grip machine :rock:rock:rock:rock

Shrug, I think it would be worthwhile to put how close you were to closing the gripper so you can better chart your progress. For example:

Hard RB 260 feels like a good elite - attempt (1/8")

Oh sorry, that is a great idea. I did not even think to post that while all along I have been keeping track of how far I close the gripper. Oh well I will include that from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

Shrug,

Where are the updates? Please post some pictures of that grip machine.

T!

Sorry man, been real busy with a summer class and then I had a personal training class. Plus I have started bending again :D.

Sorry man, been real busy with a summer class and then I had a personal training class. Plus I have started bending again :D.

Unacceptable, there is plenty of time between classes. ;)

T!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey shrug practice doing no set closes,for ironmind rules, thats what im doing. :D

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BigT I love how you brought out a year old thread! Does anyone know how Shrug is doing? and if anyone has seen this grip machine?

BigT I love how you brought out a year old thread! Does anyone know how Shrug is doing?  and if anyone has seen this grip machine?

Thanks man, just wondering if he's close the to the #4 now buddy :D

now that i've read it I am too! that hardcore of training over a year ago you'd think he must be near it by now!