Quest To Scale The Monster Pyramid

EricMilfeld

Excellent work Eric!

Do have an Elite or did you try one lately?

Thanks, Franky!

My friend, Chris, has an Elite. Our guess (hope) is that it is atleast a MM2, as the spring is very deep, and we can't close it to more than 1/4". He also has a Grandmaster that we can get for two reps on a good day. I'm going to order a MM1 replica.

Makes definately sense!

My Elite compares to my MM3 replica even if it has the same spring size as

a Super Elite. MM1 und MM3 have the spring set quite high.

To give you an idea:

I can close my Elite to slightly over parallel (~10mm) and the MM1

replica to 3mm.

6-19-4

Bending

bent a 1/4X6" square bar (felt like a 5 1/2" grd 5)

failed miserably (slight kink) with a nearly 7/16" thick piece of brass cut to 7"

bent a new Red that is a throw-back to the old, tougher Reds

bent a Fat Bastard Barbell 5/16X7" bar (this thing is stull mucho tough for me on the crushdown)

bent a cut-down 80D (felt like a 6 1/2" Red)

Grippers

#3x2

GrandmasterX1

failed to shut one of Chris's PDA grippers by 1/8" (says "185 CRC" on one handle, and "0507" on the other handle)

I think you'll shut that PDA on a good day when you are fresh. :rock

BTW, I really enjoyed our get together yesterday! I really messed my hands up though! Thanks again Weldon for the brass stock!

Five days out from my next scheduled workout, and I couldn't refrain. I picked up a slightly kinked Red nail that's several years old, and decided to settle some unfinished business. This particular nail is considerably more difficult than most of the new ones I've tried. It felt good to finally finish it off, with it having been in a kinked state for the last couple of months. So much for strictly regimented workout schedules. I finished up with a set of of benches (235x7) and squats (335 x3).

The effects of my recent farmer's walk workouts were quite apparent in today's rather poor gripper workout.

#3X1 (missed second rep)

#3X1 (5 second overcrush)

missed the #3 twice in a row

#2X3 (1/4 full-set)

Eric, i once trained farmers so hard one day that on the next day i considered using straps for the log press, my hand and forearm was so sore i wasn't sure i would be able to hold on to clean the log.

I don't think i have had a good farmes workout if i'm able to squeeze a fist without my forearm cramping up the next day.

Eric, i once trained farmers so hard one day that on the next day i considered using straps for the log press, my hand and forearm was so sore i wasn't sure i would be able to hold on to clean the log.

Now that's sore!

I used to think deadlifts were brutal, then I started training farmer's walks.

6-26-4

Grippers

#3x3x1 (missing that danged second rep each an every set)

#2x4 (1/4 full-set)

Bending

5 3/4" Red

1/4"x5 3/4" square (pretty tough on the initial kink, then it melted)

finished off a pre-kinked FBB 5/16"x7" bar

My hands are in a world of hurt. That short Red was a new PR for me. It was also the fight of a lifetime. I took it to 90 degrees in about 5 seconds, and then spent 5 hours, off-and-on, coaxing that stubborn son-of-a-gun into a "U" shape. I was only gonna try a 6 incher, but Jeff Peterson's mind-blowing performance with cut-down Reds the other day challenged me to dig deeper. By the way, I suspect Mr. Peterson's gonna be leaving me in a cloud of trail dust. Talk about potential!

Congrats on the PR Eric!! :rock Awesome.

Look forward to seeing vids on double overhand technique.

• 1 month later...

Hi Eric,

I miss your gripper update ...How is the training for MM1 quest going?

I struggle to close a very hard #3 and a BB Elite (about the feel as the beastly 3#) and follow a rutine inspired by and quite similiar to yours.

So I'm, exstremely interested in your progess...

DanH

Ps.: It´s long overdue but anyway: Thanks for your kind and encouraging response at my presentation/intro in May.