• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EricMilfeld

• Jedd Johnson

• Clay Edgin

• austinslater

What type of pipe or implement do you use to add weights to the 45s for the 2 plate pinch? I've never tried it before.

When the event was run at Strong Arm Tactics they used a loading pin and barbell collars.

I have an IM loading pin & those old-fashioned 2.5 kilo collars, so perhaps i'll use those. thanks

I simply take a piece of 2" PVC schedule 40 pipe (very cheap) and run it through the two 45 pound plates, and add weight evenly to both sides of this. Collars aren't even required, as I'm only performing one rep, anyways.

Competitors: Please note that my e-mail address has changed, and keep this in mind when you e-mail your contest results to me. Thanks.

I want in. This on our honor right? Video would be impossible for me and if I do exceedingly well you know I'm lying. I tried searching for a rule about my question guys, didn't find anything. Obviously I haven't done a gripbash before.

With your scoring system it will be interesting to see how many points I earn... slim and nill come to mind. :laugh

I want in. This on our honor right? Video would be impossible for me and if I do exceedingly well you know I'm lying. I tried searching for a rule about my question guys, didn't find anything. Obviously I haven't done a gripbash before.

We'd love to have ya join us, Michael! No video, no enrollment, and no lyin. :laugh

Count me in. With the list of competitors so far you can go ahead and pencil me in for last place aswell.

Don't think that way, bro. Get out there and do your best. When you knwo you are competing, you will rpobably break PR's. At least that is how it has gone for me in these contests.

-Jedd-

Count me in. With the list of competitors so far you can go ahead and pencil me in for last place aswell.

Don't think that way, bro. Get out there and do your best. When you knwo you are competing, you will rpobably break PR's. At least that is how it has gone for me in these contests.

-Jedd-

Very true! These contest always seem to bring out the best in a lot of us. It's the next best thing to being there. :D

What are everyone's goals/PR's for the upcoming contest?

I am looking for 405 in the double overhand dead. I have still not tried the two-finger dead. I want 200 in the pinch. The reverse curl scares me because my forearm is still tender. I'm thinking 50 pounds with the straphold is doable, although, I really don't know.

What's everybody else think? I figure this is a friendly contest, so maybe people would be more open about their lifts.

-Jedd-

My partner bigray64 tried the 2 finger deadlift and pulled 385 pretty easily. So im guessing he will do 405-425 on this lift which seems high. Im really interested in how people do on this lift. Hes a 600+ puller though.

Austin

My goals for the contest are:

Double overhand deadlift - 500+

Two finger deadlift - 400

Plate pinch - 135 (see, my pinch sucks!) ;)

Strict reverse curl - no idea.

Straphold - again, no idea. I have never really liked strapholds but will have to learn how to do them better for this contest. 50lbs would be nice.

I have never really maxed on any of these events except the twohand plate pinch.But this is what i expect to do:

Double overhand Dead-300

2 hand plate pinch-160

These are really the only ones i have ever tried before, it should be fun.

overhand deadlift: I rarely train this, so it's hard to say... maybe high 400's or 500

two finger dead: I pulled 435 the one and only time I tried this lift, two years ago, so I'm shootin for atleast 450.

pinch: Like Jedd, I really want 200

straphold: haven't a clue

reverse curl: I'd be happy with 115 for a PR

overhand deadlift: I've been stuck anywhere from 315-325 for sometime now it'd be nice to PR this one!!

2 finger deadlift: Judging from my single finger deads I would be happy to pull 225

Pinch: I'm hoping to hit over 170 again we'll see.

straphold: on a thin piece of slick metal I don't think I could budge 50lbs -I'll be through the roof with anything over 25

reverse curl: never tried these strictly -I should be able to get 115+ though

Jon@han

Overhand deadlift: Is there a formula that helps guestimate one's max? I've done 225x20 earlier this year. If I had to guess: 275

2 finger deadlift: 165

2-hand Pinch: 135

straphold: 10

reverse curl: 80

Just guessing, I will have to try a few of these things pretty soon to see where I am.

I am guessing John M. and I will be very close....

Which John M?

I'm in this time.... hope to get something like...

Overhand DL - 170 kg (374 lb)

2 finger DL - no idea

2 hand pinch - 80 kg (176 lb)

#1 straphold - 10 kg (22 lb)

Reverse Curl - 47.5 kg (105 lb)

It will be fun to see how close we all get to our target lifts. I'm predicting the competition will produce a lot of PR's for us.