It Was Fun

Rick Walker

Rick, hope all goes well with your mom!

Glad to hear you don't want to be a slobbering fat ass :D It's much more fun being a slobbering skinny ass! Remove the risk factors you can control and get healthy.

Rick,

i hope everything works out with your mom. if anyone can get into ausome shape it's you :mosher !!! ever try kettlebells?, last time i wore my HR monitor when doing high rep snatches, man you'll keep that HR nice and high!!

Rick, I hope your Mom is ok.

When I hit 40, I decided to switch goals a bit and drop every ounce of bodyfat possible. You aren't finished yet! Just new goals to achieve!

• 3 months later...

I never updated this post.

They discovered via cath that my mom did NOT have a heart attack.

Instead, they found out that one of her arteries was kinked? Must have been that way forever, and it was never discovered. She was having chest pains because she would exercise and the increase in heart rate would cause the artery to kink off all together!

They could operate, but they decided not to because she is older, and really has no need to get her heart rate above 150 (they told her to keep it under that). If it was me, I would get the surgery.

She now has to take medicine, but other than that, she is fit and fine!

Thanks for all the well wishes guys.

Rick Walker :rock

Rick,

I am glad to hear that your mother is doing better. I too am pro surgery. I hope that your training is going well. I understand your need to train. I was a heavy weight during my first year in college wrestling and weighed 252lbs at 6'. I ran a 5:37 mile but I puked my guts out and thought my heart was going to explode. After my first shoulder reconstruction I was unable to lift the heavy weights to stay at the nice middle of the road heavy weight. So I cut down to 197lbs for the next two years and maintain this as my fighting weight. I wish you the best Rick, as we approach 30 I hear it gets harder but most of that is just the weak asses that are not willing to go to the end and truley test their resolve.

-SMP