Austin Slater

austinslater

Progress update:

After 1 wk of kta im back to my previous strength levels. Ive closed everything under a new elite. Silver #3, medium elite, Rob V. hard #3, hg300. Goal gripper is the new elite. So far so good!

Progress report after 2 wks of daily work. tonight I got 15 lbs. straphold with my #3 and got some movement with 20lbs. Also closed my filed #3 that is filed a ton. I have closed it before but not since I filed it a ton. Im strongest after a day or 2 of rest. So far so good!

Austinslater amazing 15 pounds on the #3 that is so cool.

• 3 weeks later...

I havent posted in my log in awhile as I was doing kta. I got good results but some personal issues made me quit before I started phase 3. I did get in some good daily training time which was my goal anyways. I set some prs while doing kta, strapholds with #3+18 lbs. and 6 lbs. with a tetting ruler. Im now doing some no sets and will cert with the tetting process. so Todays workout went as follows and was just a test day.

NO SETS

T,1,2,SMx1

#3x2 singles

#3 mediumxmiss

Smx2 reps

All reps were no set. I was happy about getting a 3 no set in. The SM is the same I will be using for the tetting cert. and I will be getting a gm from Jeff soon to try that as well. I will probably just post a weekly update in the log.

2 hours later we tried to get a video of my buddy closing the 3 and I no set the 3 again and got 4 no set reps with my cert SM gripper. Bigray64(new member) missed the 3 but is real close and it should fall soon. Fun workout though. We closed grippers, played with the dyno and did some pinch work.

• 3 weeks later...

Havent posted in awhile so I figured I would post an update. Ive been mainly doing no set work for tettings cert and will continue doing so. Ill make a run at the elite no set for tettings cert. Im also starting to bend and its been a blast and a learning experience. Last workout went like this:

4/14

T,1,2,3x1,

Filed #3 alternated with Jedds elite for singles. 3 each

#3x6 reps.

Bending:

green nail, timber tie, 3/16ths square 6", 1/4x7", 10 pieces of square

Block weights, about 10 sets of 40 lb york

Finished the workout with a couple of #3 singles

Awesome workout. Only second time bending underhand but it felt alot better. The 1/4" was easy and last time I barely kinked it 4 days earlier. Im stronger with the old terminator style but it was causing some problems so I will stick with underhand for now and it seems to be gaining fast.

Great job on the bending! :rock

-CHRIS

cant wait for the day that I can " finish the workout with a couple of #3 singles." awesome!

HI: Austin Slater

I can Strap hold on my adjsutable gripper at the max

and it is about 220 pounds=Strap hold=3lbs+two steel

washers. I put one steel washer each day and it is

help to get stronger and I think by nov. I can reps

out the #3. And will strap hold 23 pounds by Nov.

Sunday 4-18

Crush: doing some stuff Wood suggested so I will keep it quiet. Did some work with my 3 though

Bending: 3rd workout :cry

20 timbers

3/16x6" square

5.5" timber

3/16x5.5 square

sub 5" timber

and a couple more pieces of 5" square for added volume

35-40 yorks for 10 holds each hand alternating back and forth with no rest.

Pretty good workout. Im going to stay light on the bending and bend timbers for another couple of weeks then work my way down with 1/4" I want to take it slow this time. Then bending was really easy so next wk ill bump it up. Thanks Bballad for the advice!

Monday am

Just for fun I killed a yellow with the reverse style. Im way stronger this way but it was just causing me problems. Finger felt alittle tender but I think the underhand style actually helps with the reverse grip. Ill play both by ear and see what happens. I almost grabed a blue but decided against it. oh well

Austin,

Just stumbled across your workout log...

Great job so far...

Congrats on your "no setting" the SM and GM - nice!! :rock

Look forward to see your progress and learning from you...

Today at the gym while showing others how to bend and helping bigray64 with his bending I killed a yellow underhand so I think it will come around and eventually pass the rev. grip in strength. Im pumped!