Death Day

Rick Walker

Rick the discussion on no set closes got me thinking what about partial sets instead of no sets for your workout. Setting handle that sits in the palm and keeping it there but not assisting the fingers handle down for the pinky and ring? It's something I've been thinking of trying.

Jon@han

01/28/04

Had to work 9-5 so my entire evening was SHOT. I got grip in anyway-I could not quite get the fired up effect though-I think maybe I was too tired from all the bullshit at work. This weekend is Groundhog weekend-and it is freakin' crazy!

I did grippers with my right hand and blob work with my left.

Grippers:

Warm up then 10 OCs with my filed PDA 387. I filed it off more and it is now much harder. I had to really concentrate to get the OC effect. Also-I split my pinky open so the MM cert should be interesting. Nothing like leaving a little bit of blood and puss on the ole' gripper handle.

Inbetween gripper attempts I did blob work consisting of lifting the 50 to lockout, then setting it down and then lifting my 37.5 with a 10 chain to it and holding it as long as possible.

I had brought the blobs in from outside so they were very cold, then VERY wet. My left hand needs some major work if I am to waltz with the Blob at the Arnold.

After the session I felt as if I needed some work on the Sweep. My sweep is a sad thing. I decided to do 5 reps with the RB 300 setting it just enough to get my pinky on it. Of course, I couldnt close it. :blush I then did the same with a new tough #2-this one I could close.

After that my pinky was on work stoppage as he had lost quite a bit of blood.

I am going to start taking every other day off like Heath suggested. All of my gripper work will be on day 1, blob work on day 2, and so on.

Rick Walker :rock

You're gonna KILL that MM gripper, bro! And I'm looking forward to your little demonstration with the Blob.

01/29/04

Some heavy duty block weight training with both hands. My right hand really wanted to train Blob-so I let. Gotta keep em' happy. :happy

01/30/04

Happy Days. I didnt do grippers the day before and my hands thanked me by getting stronger. I was so close on my super human #3 :devil that my wife really couldnt tell if it was closed or not-but I could feel that it wasnt. I am ready for the Mash Monster.

Then did 10 sets of OCs with the filed #3 and filed PDA 387.

3 no set squeezes on the MM dud.

3 no set closes on my new crazy hard #2.

01/31/04

20 clean and presses with each hand with 37.5 pound blob.

02/01/04

The way I LIKE to kick off Super Bowl Sunday!

Warmed up to the sultry sounds of Disturbed. I MISS our theme song Bill :cry

Anyway-Kicked on the camera and absolutely DESTROYED my new :devil #3 :devil

Held it for 5-7 seconds-all on film. Then I give a little warning to the MM gripper-I am on a mission to break you you little bastard. I cant wait to grip your cold knurled handles :angry:

Then did 10 sets of 5 second OCs with my filed 387. Destroyed it.

Finished with 3 sets of 6 with new #2-all the way out-all the way back.

02/02/04

20 cleans and presses with 37.5 pound blob

02/03/04

10 OCs with filed PDA 387

5x5 with new hard #2

02/04/04

Hammerd 3-25s each hand!!!

5 37.5 pound blob cleans and presses

02/05/04

Showed Austin Slater's #3 who the BOSS is.

10 OCs with filed PDA 387

5x5 with new hard #2

Rick,

You really ought to go into some kind of writing profession.

I have a head sweat from reading your chronicles.

-Jedd-

does "Hammerd 3-25s each hand!!!" mean what I think it means???

Check my gallery Jonathan:

3-25s

The video will be cut by Diesel Crew. Their video techniques are freaking awesome!

does "Hammerd 3-25s each hand!!!" mean what I think it means???

Check my gallery Jonathan:

3-25s

The video will be cut by Diesel Crew. Their video techniques are freaking awesome!

:cry

;)

I don't put "extra stuff" in video clips anymore. I figure the feat is what it is. Often, hearing the guy/gal and the clank of the weights, click of of the gripper, etc. is just as motivating. Plus, using music acutally violates copyright laws which is why I stopped adding the music.

Plus, most guys don't want to have huge downloads which is the main reason why. A lot of guys are still on dialup.

Nothing at all against your video techniques Bill-I dug the Disturbed stuff when you were doing that!

Diesel does a lot of cool editing, effects, etc. Makes it look cool-pauses stuff, reverses stuff-it just looks awesome. Since I am now an editor for Diesel Crew I guess it is high time I get some stuff on their site ;)

As far as the copyright stuff goes-I believe they have the albums that they use-would that still be copyright issues?

Anyway Bill-your videos are great as well. I just need to get some feats on Diesel if my articles are to have any background too them ;)

I am pretty sure you can't use MP3's for public download in this manner either. So, my guess is it doesn't matter if you own the album.

I can do all the editing stuff -- it's fairly easy. I got away from it because of time involved and the other issues I mentioned.

Actually, my videos are just clips so they are what you see is what you get for the feat so there really isn't a "your videos are good" involved. Because they are not good. They are whatever the submitter makes of it first hand when they tape it. :)

Thanks for pointing me towards your album Rick! I was off the board a few days when you had posted on the mainboard about it. Very motivating to see ya grippin' them plates. Let's me know with some serious training I'll be able to do the same some day.

I'm one of those crappy dial ups Bill is talking about :laugh

Jon@han

Time flys when you are having fun!

WOW-last time I posted was the 5th.

Lets dig back through the journal-

02/06/04

Rested. Did nothing. Didnt even lift.

02/07/04

Block weights

cleans with 37.5-concentrating on lowering the weight (didnt count how many)

holds with 50-pounder-again, I didnt count

OH presses with 50 for sets of 5. Wow-this really works the hands.

02/08/04

10 sets of OCs with filed PDA 387. Smoke show.

5x5 with new #2

02/09/04

lots of 3-25s lifts, block weights, and grippers. :tongue

Closed my new name stamped #3-my tough one-for a 10 second hold-anf ground the handles. Could have repped it.

02/10/04

WOW!

great workout.

Closed Austins #3 cold, credit card with left hand.

then did 5 OCs with my filed #3-smoked it. It was so easy, I kept chekcing to make sure there wasnt a #2 on it.

5 more with 387-barely set the bad boy.

5x5 with new #2

• 3 months later...

Rick, it has been 3 months. How are the grippers/plate pinches/ blobs progressing? I enjoyed reading about your progress and look forward to more updates in the future.