Death Day

Rick Walker

I am on the "Heath Sexton" workout :tongue and I, the volume slut that I am, decided to add a little spice to it.

I will do this once every 2 weeks followed by a light day the day after of no set closes.

The other 5 training days in that 2 week period will be 10 sets of OCs/SHs.

At any rate-

I started with Overcrushes with a filed #3 and strap holds with the PDA 387 and 15 pounds. Alternating back and fourth and resting 2 minutes inbetween sets.

At some point-cant remember when :whacked I dropped the strap holds and just did the over crushes. I also reduced the rest to 1 minute.

As I was forced to use a lighter gripper I dropped the rest to 30 seconds.

Then 15 seconds.

then 10 seconds.

At the 86th single-I went to the #1 as I was unable to over crush any thing tougher. Once at the #1-I did a series of 4 rep sets until I hit 100 total reps on the day-that is EACH HAND-or-200 total reps on the day.

WOW. I am toast. hands are puffy and sore and a little cut up.

What surpirsed me the most is I have been following this workout now for 4 sessions. Up until today I was only using the filed #3 for 1 or 2 sets and the RB 260 for another 1 or 2 before I had to drop to the 387. Already today I used the filed #3 for the first 5 sets and the RB 260 for 6-20 before I had to drop :rock

I have a new nickname thanks to the guys of the chat room-"Volume Slut"

Fitting. The mind does strange things when you reach 200 reps in one session :laugh :stuart :yikes:whistel

Rick Walker :rock

Wow, I might, Might have that volume in a month!!! Very impressive!

Volume Slut - :laugh

there goes Rick screwing around with the grippers again

Jon@han

Thats the plan Bill.

Doing this once every two weeks will hopefully shock the hell out of me-my nervous system is all but shot right now. Shaking still-slight headache.

I used my level 2 dexterity balls, soaked, and had the wife rub my hands down good. I feel much better.

To top it off, I doubled 375 tonight in the back squat LIKE NOTHING! This is only my second squat workout since having to take a month off due to the pec. 600 by JUNE BABY!!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Anyway-I have my scope on the #4 sometime down the road....

Thanks fellas-give it a try some time. ;)

That's incredible Rick! You proved us wrong and I am proud to call you the Volume Slut. You're one of a kind bro'

Great workout Rick.

You will have that # 4 by the end of the year if all goes well.

:bow

5-7 seconds-

I am afraid to ask, but what do you do on the other days??? Holy cow that is alot of volume your wrists must be on fire all night after that.

Rick-Are you planning on posting your workouts like before? Also are you hitting anything else besides grippers? Are workouts are real similar as we have talked about before, I am adding in some thumb work also and some wrist stuff on the advice of John Wood. Good luck on your journey!

Austin

G-

No-wrists never act up when using the grippers. Only thing that is sore today is the skin-hands were stiff this morning-nothing soaks and dexterity balls cant fix ;)

Austin-

I will get back to posting my workouts eventually. At this point in time I am only training grippers, so they may get boring as heck to read :tongue . I was doing pinch on off days but I found that my crush just wasnt improving at all. I was the same distance on the RB 300. When I started doing grippers every day again-my crushing strength has shot up already.

M/W/F I do 10 sets of over crushes / strap holds (alternating)

T/TH/S I do not set closes-10 with the toughest gripper I can no set. This is not half as intense as the days I do OCs so I consider these days my "light" day.

Every 6th OC workout I will be doing a death :devil day. The ultimate goal being 100 singles with a gripper no easier then the PDA 387 (easy #3 level)

With all of this volume, I dont really have the time nor energy to train anything else. Pre injury, I was hitting my wrists really hard. I will get back to that as soon as I am over this gripper infatuation.

Last time I got addicted to grippers I certified on the #3. Hopefully I continue on the trend..... :whacked

Last time I got addicted to grippers I certified on the #3. Hopefully I continue on the trend.....

Do it, grip brother. Do it.

-Jedd-

01/24/04

5 OCs

5 SHs

Alternated back and fourth. Used Filed #3 for first 2 OCs, then down sized to the RB 260 for 2, then Filed PDA 387 for 1.

Yes-I finally filed the 387! let me say this-I love it!!! Much harder-but perfect for when I can no longer OC the filed #3. Great addition to the gripper training.

Strap holds I used the 387 pre filed and 15 pounds for the first 3 sets. Then my step-son left with it and filed it for me. So, I used the Heavy Grip 250 and 15 pounds for the remaining 2 sets.

Tons of hand therapy pre and post workout.

01/25/04

10 sets no set closes into OCs.

First 5 used the Heavy Grip 250.

Next 5 I used my step-sons new #2. Good strong #2.

Hand Therapy.

Rick Walker

Getting better but the process is slow. To set the gripper i have to break the rules and put my elbow againt my leg-that way I can push the gripper into my hand and not my hand into the gripper.

01/26/04

10 OCs with filed PDA 387. each one was 5 seconds in agonizing length :blink

1/27/04

Changed things slightly today. Decided to pull out the no sets as I am in agreement with Bill that they do strengthen the hand-but they strengthen it out of position of the set.

To that, I did severe negatives today.

Since the Mash Monster is my goal gripper right now, I used the harder Mash Monster Dud gripper for the severe negatives. From what I hear, this gripper is like the new ELITES that are out there.

I set it and squeezed, then finished it on my leg. I then held the bastard as close to closed as I could and kept squeezing for a 7-10 count.

The PAIN!!! WOW. I missed these things. :whacked

I did 5 sets. I will up it each day until I hit 10 sets of severe negatives. Just too damn intense to do 10 right off the bat.

I will now look forward to the over crush days :blink:ohmy

It is a lot of fun. A mixture of KTA, some of Heath's reccomendations, and some of my own insanity thrown in.

This whole Mash Monster process has once again opened my interest in torsion spring grippers :D

As a matter of fact-I am adding to my collection of 22 with another #3, a grand master, and a new Elite.

I liked the looks of the workout I decided to try it also.

Except yesterday I did the no set closes. I switched days up

because I like to bend heavy on Wednesdays. Now looks like I'll be

doing severe negs on bending day. lol

I'm also wanting to get back focused on the grippers in hopes

of getting consistent with the #3. Hard for me to make gains

doing everything at once. But right now I'm only bending hard

once every seven days. So hopefully I'll be able to follow your

routine but on a lighter scale. lol

You got a great gripper collection there Rick. I got several

grippers I'd love to purchase. But my kids are keeping me broke

right now!! lol :angry:

Keep us posted on your workouts and your progress. Hope it works well

for ya. Me too for that matter!!! :whistel

Well, its official. I have put my name into the hat to get a try at the Mash Monster gripper.

Am I nervous? Not really. Just excited to get it and get it done. Of course, if I miss, I miss. I am not affraid to miss. Missing is progressing.

I will be training differently now that I have heard Wade will have the Blob at the Arnold again. I dont want to win any money-I just want to kick the thing in the ass. With that-I will be training wide pinch with my left hand and grippers with my right. This should be interesting.

I am finding as my right hand progresses in the grippers-my left is falling further behind. I am now finally touching the handles on my crazy hard #3 :devil but I am a ways away with my left. On the other hand-my left thumb is stronger then my right-so it only makes sense.

Time will tell. I am just as excited to hoist the blob at the arnold as I am to close the MM. I think GNC will get quite a show this year with the amount of grip guys going. THe blob should see some air time for sure.

I will post my workout tonight-