Once-in-a-Lifetime Sale of the Original Mash Monster Grippers

Cannon

Updates 1/22/2024

The offer period is open and runs through Sunday, January 28th at Noon. Check out the GALLERY for more information on individual grippers and detail photos. Finally, a reminder of the offer guidelines:

How to Make an Offer

• Offers should be submitted to thegripboard@gmail.com. All offers should be in USD. In addition to your offer we will require contact information including full name, address and phone number.  
  • Please only submit offers you are ready to close. If you need to talk to a spouse, see more pictures, or ask questions; do that before placing an offer. Accepted offers will be required to sign an "as is" bill of sale. 
  • You may submit multiple offers. For example, you may offer $X for Lot 1, $XX for Lots 1-3, or $XXX for everything. Include any preferences about what you would like the most. We will not break up the individual lots so please only make offers for any combination of Lots 1 through 11. 
  • Offers must be actual figures chosen by you and not "would go up to" amounts or offers such as "the highest bid plus $5". You must offer a set dollar amount figure. 
  • We strongly encourage you to put your best foot forward. No direct feedback on offers will be provided as this is not truly an auction. We simply want to work with real offers from real people who would like these collector items. For those who have asked, we estimate the minimum value of back-ups at $300 and certification grippers at $500.   
  • You can increase previously submitted offers at any time by emailing the new information.        
  • The accepted offer(s) will be closed in a private sale with the owner, Bill Piche. Paypal will be the payment processor only. Proceeds do not benefit The GripBoard or Cannon PowerWorks. 
  • For International buyers, the HS Tariff Code 9705.10.00 will be used to designate the items as collector's pieces. Theoretically this designation is free from general rates of duty. However, we make no representations about what duty fees, customs charges, or import taxes may be charged. Any such charges are the sole responsibility of the buyer and not included in the purchase price. The declared value will match the purchase price.    

As always, contact Matt with any questions at thegripboard@gmail.com.

• Like 1

Good luck to anyone who's making an offer..

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RITParent15 said:

What were these CPW rated at?

The buyer(s) can have them rated at their discretion. :) 

13 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

IMG_3414.jpeg.172e6a329734ae7c378de5d4128468d2.jpeg

So there were 49 MM1s made? I thought there were 3 

Replicas of the originals - which are the ones up for sale now

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

So there were 49 MM1s made? I thought there were 3 

That’s back when Tetting was alive. He made replicas for people to train with. 

• Thanks 2

I haven’t signed on in a long time. All of this is news to me. Very interesting. Congrats to Bill in his upcoming retirement. Who will take over this forum? 

I have a MM3 replica. Surprised to see only 26 made? Is that correct?

that's just how many cpw rated, not necessarily the production number, I'm thinking.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

that's just how many cpw rated, not necessarily the production number, I'm thinking.

Yeah that’s most likely what that is. 

7 hours ago, king crusher said:

I haven’t signed on in a long time. All of this is news to me. Very interesting. Congrats to Bill in his upcoming retirement. Who will take over this forum? 

Matt Cannon has taken it over and has been running it for several months now. :) 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, king crusher said:

That's just how many new ones we rated. Initially we sold them unrated and then decided a good rating is what made it a good replica so then started rating them all and sorting them as good as possible. For a lot of these levels, though, there are not a lot of replicas out there. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cannon said:

That's just how many new ones we rated. Initially we sold them unrated and then decided a good rating is what made it a good replica so then started rating them all and sorting them as good as possible. For a lot of these levels, though, there are not a lot of replicas out there. 

Congrats on taking over from old man Piche haha. My mm3 is rated by you 172. So I guess after all it is one of only 26. Pretty cool. 

• Like 1

Here were Chez's estimates of the official MM grippers, from this thread:

MM1 - 153ish. The thing about this gripper is that it has a super soft easy set and sweep so that helps if the set is your weak point. 

MM2 - about 163/164. 

MM3 - 180-183. this is the real divider. I closed my 180 COC #3.5 right before and this felt harder. I had to dig deep. they made it a big jump on purpose. For some reason that last quarter inch really binds so it gives you false confidence until you hit that last bit. You have to blast through it

MM4 - 182-184. Not really much harder than the MM3 if at all. Smoother. I don't remember the same bind at the end. 

MM5 - 190. Next noticeable jump

MM6 - felt just like my 194 super elite. 

MM7 - 197-200. Felt like my grand elite 198 grand elite 

MM8 - 204-206. Per Morgan.

MM9- 205-210 per Steve Anderson

MM10 - no one has tried it yet 

Just so you know, the russians broke the rules and calibrated the MM grippers up to MM7 (probably MM8 too) when they passed the certifications.

Immediately after every single certification attempt, Valery Tolstyh was sending the gripper across the country for calibration to Moscow Oblast and then back to the US. And when they were asked about the return period, they lied about the poorly functioning post office.

There are couple of videos on YouTube, where man with a calibrator explains exactly how and when they were doing these manipulations.

image.thumb.png.d6b1436d95b52fd053f8599d1ed16673.png

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Why You So Quiet Whats On Your Mind 26012024073756.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 1/16/2024 at 7:44 PM, John Knowlton said:

It would be nice to own a piece of grip history.

I will certainly put a bid in just to be hopeful.

But whoever gets them?

Hopefully they won't be locked away and forgotten about.

I agree. That would kill the legacy. 

• Like 2

As we come to the final couple days, I would encourage anyone interested in individual lots to take your shot. Some are less represented than others. All offers are welcome. This isn't about "what are they worth." It's about "what are they worth to YOU." Your offer might just fit into the overall equation. :) 

• Like 3

About 2 hours left y'alls. 

Let's wrap this up!

• Like 3

Offer period is closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted. The response was very good. I will turn these around as quickly as possible and get replies out to everyone, but may need a small amount to time for deliberation and confirmation with Bill. Accepted offers will be put in touch will Bill for closing. 

• Like 5

Everyone who submitted an offer has been contacted at this time. We appreciate everyone's enthusiasm for the sale and the great response. :flowers: 

• Like 4

Are they all sold?