Tips

lattermunch

I PMed you.

Edited by macronan

I'll tell ya what I've noticed and read about hand strength in armwrestling. When you work your hand, you won't ntice a difference in the mattch. But other people will. I would have to say that Blobs work really well. They give you overall strength. Alot of levering to help with ligaments and tendons. Another person who may be able to help you out with this is David horne. just make sure to get alot of table time. I've heard You can't tell John Brzenk has a strong hand wrist combo untill after the go.

I can agree with the statement about not feeling hand strength until after the go. I pulled rob sasso this year at the vermont states. Rob is a CoC and when I locked up with him couldnt notice it. On the go I felt it though. Understand that in armwrestling crushing strength isnt everything. Im closing in on the #3's and my training partner cant close the #2's but on the table his hand is much more dominant than mine.

Do you guys have any good armwrestling sites with downloadable videos perhaps.

-Napalm Jedd-

sure jedd,

www.pinarm.com is one of the best armwrestling sites out there. There are lots of pictures and videos in the result section. There is also a good manual on basic techniques and excersizes. You could also go to www.pullingjohn.com, they got some great videos on there too.

Maverick are you the same guy who roles up fryning pans and drives naisl thru them on other forums ?

:whacked Double Post Edited by Darco

I remember I once saw some a video of Mr. Horne doing some outrageous plate curls and ran down to my basement to try them myself. I got 10 reps with a 25lb plate. This was done over a preacher curl attachment so they were pretty strict. I have no clue if this is good or not but thats the only expirience I have with them. I cant tell you if they carry over well to armwrestling but I can tell you armwrestling is one of the best wrist workouts out there.

Ya I was a member briefly but forgot my password and never bothered retrieving it or making a new account, Btw I just noticed my crazy spelling in my original post. I aint correctin' nothing ! :rock

I have tried little experiments, such as Block Weight Wrist curls. They Don't hurt, I usually use a 25 lb block weight. David Horne is not a bad Armwrestler himself. He told me himself if he took his effort off Grip strength and put it into armwrestling he'd be pretty fare up in the rankings...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

plate curls, obviously, guys. come on. it's almost the EXACT motion used in armwrestling.

MEAT

p.s. speaking of which...im gonna go upstairs and kick some plate curl ass right now :rock

Edited by Meat Loaf

• 2 months later...
Guest gripmaster316
plate curls, obviously, guys. come on. it's almost the EXACT motion used in armwrestling.

MEAT

p.s.  speaking of which...im gonna go upstairs and kick some plate curl ass right now   :rock

Huh? You don't curl in arm wrestling, you pull. If you want to train to be a good arm wrestler then arm wrestle. I have been emailing John Brzenk on his training routine does anyone want to guess what he does?? When I asked about grippers, he uses the store bought weak things for many reps. When I asked about plate wrist curls, plate curls and brick lifts he didn't even know what I was talking about. The only kind of curl that would help you for AWing is doing hammer curls to develop a strong up pressure.

Edited by gripmaster316

I heard John Brzenk is going to Zloty Tour in Poland to meet the top wrestlers from the eastern block. Anyone else heard about it?

I will really like to see those matches! :rock

I don't think Brzenk would tell you what he is doing. He could be closing in on the #4 for all we know and plate curling a 45. I know if I were him I wouldn't give away training secretes.