Blob Syndicate Presents...

bseedot

Matt,

I have quite a busy schedule already building this year, with contests, shows, and holidays.

Also which U.S. comp would I come to?

Maybe when we get a World championships sorted. :mosher

David

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bseedot

• JeffPeterson

• Matt Van Weele

• CMunger

Also which U.S. comp would I come to?

David

Feats with Hands 2004

M2

Maybe when we get a World championships sorted. :mosher:

That would be pretty damn cool. Where would it be held though?

I would think it would depend on the organizer.

M2

This is turning into a scarey high level contest. :rock:rock:rock

I would like to contribute $15 dollars towards prizes.Where do i send it.Address.

Post it or PM me...perhaps others that can't make the contest will do the same!

Look at this friggin list -then look at your hearts ye festered scalawags and think about it.

Of those competing how do tou think you'll fair on events. I hope to be top five in grippers, Hopefully top half in RT, maybe top ten in the pinch. Tried bending today and couldn't do it, Hopefully 2/3's here. My goaL is to finish in the top ten or so.

You could probaBLY GET bRIANS E-MAIL FROM THE ENTRY FORM. That's really nice of you.

HE isdoing us(as grip fans) a favor by putting this on -and the list of competitors is astonishing. :rock:rock

i don't have lot of money but feel it is the 'right' thing to do at this time.

I think most of us can 'drop'$7,$8,$9 on fast food for lunch...this is a much better cause. :tongue

HUGE contest.HUGE list of competitors,WOW....i hope more give a donation a thought...although obviously the promoter is not asking for it.

i now have his address.Thanks for the words.

Jeff,

I'm hoping for a top 10 gripper close, top half for pinch, a PR on the rolling thunder(since I suck at it and this is all I can hope for), and a top 5 for bending. Overall top 10.

As long as I don't finish dead last, I'll be happy. Biggest impediment to any predictions for me is that I really have NO idea where everyone else is on half the events, and not knowing where I am on the other half.

Yep, not being dead-last would be good for me as well! I don't have high hopes for my RT numbers (as I have never touched one), but hell you gotta start somewhere.

The list of grip events/activities that I have not done is far longer than those that I have done.

If nothing else, with a crowd like this my first grip event should be a memorable one!

FYI: IronMind provided me with a new RT handle for that event so if you're using a beat up one now your poundages will likely be a bit lower than you're used to at the contest.

I just picked up the t-shirts and plaques. They're very cool!

BC.

BSEEDOT,

What do you think will be the best finishes in the events?

RT: 200+ ?

Bending: Below 4.5 BLUE ?

Crush: BBGE?

2 hand Plate Pinch: 200 + ?

I can't remember the exact finishes for the BFGSI, but I think most of these were hit...

Edited by smitty

RT 200+: should be. Sward and Bissonette have both done 230 under contest conditions.

Bend under 4.5: I dunno. That short stuff gets so funky sometimes just in how it fits in your hands. I would think this contest will see a couple 4.5" bends

BBGE: Not a clue. That's harder than the BBE, right?

2 hand plate pinch 200+: I'm not sure where 200+ falls into the grand scheme of things, but with a couple guys who can take Inches for Farmers Walks and a couple other dark horses, I gotta think that if it's on par with 200+ RT's, then yeah.

Well, myself I am not expecting to do well this time around :dry

Only event I may do well at is the grippers.

M2

Top gripper close will be a Heavy Elite possibly a four.

Who do you think it will be Jeff?

What do you think will be the best finishes in the events?

RT: 200+ ?

Bending: Below 4.5 BLUE ?

Crush: BBGE?

2 hand Plate Pinch: 200 + ?

I think those figures seem reasonable. It's hard to say what will happen on the day, though. I do know that we will see some very good grip feats!

BC.

I think Rob W. has a very good chance at closing the Heavy elite based on his MM tape. I know how hard the MM is and how hard the Heavy elite is. I think, based on his tape, that his crush will be able to carry him through the HE. I would rank my HE a 3.85 when compared to my four. So this is the only reason I say possibly. It's unlikely that a #4 close will happen but he shut The MM as easily as Heath and Dave and there into the #4 territory. My four is one of the easier four's I've tried so this is how I came up with this.

I think his MM close was the easiest looking of all the closes so far. Seemd to be very casual and explosive is all hell.

They have posted some of the results from Brain Carltons contest. Very impressive results by some grip board members! Congrats to all who competed, the bar is getting higher! Mike

On Ironmind.