Blob Syndicate Presents...

bseedot

Who: You

What: Grip contest

Where: Jeff Bissonnette's strongman training facility in Stillwater, MN

When: January 31st, 2004 at high noon (rules at 11:30a)

Why: Because we love it

Events:

Max gripper test

Max Rolling Thunder test

Max nail bending test

Max two-hand plate pinch test

Entry fee: $15

eMail me at carlt005@umn.edu for entry form or questions.

BC.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bseedot

• JeffPeterson

• Matt Van Weele

• CMunger

Sweet! :rock

See you there!

I will be there, to claim my title :dry

All I can say is Minnesota RULES :laugh

M2

Brian: Do you have any more specifics on the format?

two hand pinch: means attempts with each hand added together, or two hands on the plates?

nail bending - Is this gonna pretty much be 1/4" hrs for length? Pick our own starting length?

grippers: Everyone using the same set of Beef Builders? Start at bottom and work up to failure?

Rolling Thunder: no questions :D

Plate pinch will be with both hands on the plates at the same time.

I'll get back to you on the nails.

The grippers will be a combination of most brands of grippers. If you've seen the pic of all the grippers on the Peterson's basement floor you know that we have no shortage of grippers. A bunch of them will be tested and ranked in order of difficulty. You have three attempts so starting at the bottom isn't wise unless you can only close the bottom three. Of course, you can warm-up as much as you need before taking an official attempt.

BC.

Max gripper close. Very good idea. I like the order of events. Everyone's hands should be warmed up fro the nail bending.

Closest Airport?

The Stillwater training facility is approx. 30 minutes from the

airport.

M2

Closest Airport?

Yes, it's the Minneapolis/St. Paul International (MSP). For anyone interested in traveling to this contest, I'd be more than willing to drive you to and from the contest from your hotel or other sleeping arrangements.

BC.

I would be willing to cart someone around for that day as well. I've also got a spare couch is someone needs a place around here to crash.

nail bending - Is this gonna pretty much be 1/4" hrs for length? Pick our own starting length?

IronMind is kind enough to donate the nails for this event. We'll cut them shorter as necessary.

BC.

I wanted to mention too that I apologize for the relatively short notice of this contest. I was trying to coincide the contest with a grip article that will be printed in a major metro newspaper here. The article kept growing and getting pushed back and, since the article will mention the contest, I didn't want to announce a date too soon and have the contest held before the article.

For the cheap $15 registration fee you'll get a contest t-shirt, IronMind is providing a $50 gift certificate to the overall winner, and plaques will be awarded to the top five finishers.

BC.

So does that mean that we absolutely have to register ahead of time? I'm kinda lazy and was hopign I could jsut bring $15 to trainign with me that morning. :blush

You can enter the day of the contest. Keep in mind though that, the order of competitors for the first event is based on when I receive the entries (i.e. first entry received goes last in the first event- last entry received goes first).

I'm thinking of tinkering with how the nail bending event will be performed. Maybe some head-to-head competition, maybe have most nails bent within a certain time period. Just a heads-up that the bending event is not concrete yet. I've got to think it through in my head and see what makes the most sense/fun.

BC.

If you're a board member and anywhere near the twin cities you ought to come and compete. The bigger the turn out the better. Feats with hands was a lot of fun and I'm sure this will be too.

Well, I think for simplicity's sake I won't stray off the beaten path for the bending event. Feats With Hands 2004 may be a better opportunity to spice things up. I'll have more time to work through some issues that were raised by then. So we'll just be bending nails, cut if needed, as most of you had expected. Let me know if you have questions.

BC.

All right, smart-ass! ;) Here's the line-up so far...

1) Matt Makousky- MN

2) Jeff Peterson- MN

3) Shane Larson- SD

4) Gordon Vizecky- MN

5) Jeff Ford- MN

6) Joe Peterson- MN

7) Dan Peterson- MN

8) Ben Hazelman- MN

9) Aaron Boesch- MN

10) Dave Ostlund- MN

11) Joel Sward- MN

12) Jeff Bissonnette- MN

13) Matt Wanat- WI

14) Sam McMahon?- WI

15) Jedd Johnson- PA

16) Dave Kurr- MN

17) Jason Adamski- MN

18) Chris Munger- MN

19) Dave Voth- MN

20) Mike Jerdi?- MN

Maybe a couple of others...

Too many Jeff's if you ask me. I might limit the number of Jeff's allowed to compete in the next contest.

BC.

I need to know about how many are going before i purchase tickets again

(masters challenge) Does anyone know?

Thanks