Izzy’s Gripper PR Journal

IzzyGrasp

6 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

There is some significant disparity between the two. haha Both are progressing, but my left is likely to be 20 lbs or so behind. I work them similarly, but with different grippers of course because my left is behind. My left is approaching where my right was in June-July I think. 

I don't think that's out of the ordinary. Especially for the short amount of time you've been training them. You'll have plenty of time down the road to get them pretty even. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

There is some significant disparity between the two. haha Both are progressing, but my left is likely to be 20 lbs or so behind. I work them similarly, but with different grippers of course because my left is behind. My left is approaching where my right was in June-July I think. 

Yeah, I agree with Ben I think that’s pretty standard. Mine have always had roughly that gap. My bests are 144 vs. 130. 

• Like 2

IMG_3946.thumb.jpeg.781851f92ff97cc0b521783ad5f69c03.jpeg

No new PR close yet since I closed my COC #2.5 rated 128 RGC 2 weeks ago, as I’m sure I’ll need better rest before I am able. But I thought I’d show how things are currently looking on my Standard Iron rated 133 RGC! I’m pretty happy with the progress. 
IMG_3947.jpeg.20be7fcee4c2451453b03dd3c96ee8aa.jpeg

For comparison, this is how I looked attempting 128 RGC 3 1/2 weeks ago.

When I purchased my Standard Irons they felt unthinkable to close almost, as I hadn’t even closed my weakest #2.5 (117 RGC) yet, but the progress keeps coming. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mashmonster268 said:

Very cool to see your steady progress! 

Thanks so much! I’m at the point where I think I could close that Super Master with the right amount of rest. :) But I’ve been training pretty hard. To come so close to closing a Standard Iron after a strenuous week of training is promising to me. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

IMG_8310.thumb.jpeg.cfea910ec0f31142d5273831a3366dae.jpeg
Hey guys, long time no see! How’s everyone else been? I haven’t been updating in here much—likely because I haven’t been as focused on constantly hitting high single reps. I was doing mostly partial reps, rarely fully closing any grippers, leaving a lot of energy for those occasional high single reps. Right now I am doing a lot of full CCS closes and am not even attempting to improve upon any of my PR’s for single reps at the moment. 

When I first created this thread my CCS PR was a COC #2 rated 103 RGC for a single rep. This evening I just closed my COC #2 rated 100 for 10 reps back-to-back! So there has been some solid progress. 

In order to reflect my current focus and motivate myself to post again, I will add my highest rating for this rep count at the top of my PR list! 

CCS (x10): COC #2 // 100 RGC (CPW) 

TNS: Grip Genie 4 // 109 RGC (CPW)  

CCS: GNC200 // 118 RGC (CPW) 

DS: COC #2.5 // 128 RGC (CPW)

Bench press: 260 lbs

• Like 7

13 hours ago, IzzyGrasp said:

IMG_8310.thumb.jpeg.cfea910ec0f31142d5273831a3366dae.jpeg
Hey guys, long time no see! How’s everyone else been? I haven’t been updating in here much—likely because I haven’t been as focused on constantly hitting high single reps. I was doing mostly partial reps, rarely fully closing any grippers, leaving a lot of energy for those occasional high single reps. Right now I am doing a lot of full CCS closes and am not even attempting to improve upon any of my PR’s for single reps at the moment. 

When I first created this thread my CCS PR was a COC #2 rated 103 RGC for a single rep. This evening I just closed my COC #2 rated 100 for 10 reps back-to-back! So there has been some solid progress. 

In order to reflect my current focus and motivate myself to post again, I will add my highest rating for this rep count at the top of my PR list! 

CCS (x10): COC #2 // 100 RGC (CPW) 

TNS: Grip Genie 4 // 109 RGC (CPW)  

CCS: GNC200 // 118 RGC (CPW) 

DS: COC #2.5 // 128 RGC (CPW)

Bench press: 260 lbs

Nice to see you back.  That is a great increase in CCS reps!!!  

• Like 2

On 3/8/2024 at 8:26 AM, C8Myotome said:

Rep PR's are just as important as 1RM PR's

Yes you’re right! I’m excited to share more rep PR’s in the near future! :) 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 4:28 PM, Mashmonster268 said:

Nice to see you back.  That is a great increase in CCS reps!!!  

Thank you! :) I am happy with the progress. How about you—what have you been working on? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2024 at 4:11 PM, IzzyGrasp said:

Thank you! :) I am happy with the progress. How about you—what have you been working on? 

I've only been doing general light resistance training.  Was doing some USAWA grip training for the last few months.  But it's been a month since the contest I was training for, so taking it easy now and playing around with a few things if the mood strikes me in between yard work.  

• Like 2