Eric Roussin

here's the real top block lift

no bullshit

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

here's the real top block lift

no bullshit

Because when you REALLY did it, you WANT everyone to see it.  Way to go, friend.  It was an incredible lift and you deserve the record.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Because when you REALLY did it, you WANT everyone to see it.  Way to go, friend.  It was an incredible lift and you deserve the record.

I worked too hard.

Thank you my man

• Like 1

There is a audible "pop" as he's setting his grip as the stickiness releases as he adjusts his fingers at the beginning of the lift as well.

image.thumb.png.ae4eafc42b35bd75a5f76581428ce142.png

I don't understand the paranoia and conspiracy theories about how all of these lifts could have been cheated.  I also don't understand how invested everyone is in this topic.  I do this for my own personal satisfaction, and I enjoy sharing my talent with the world.  I do not sit around all day contemplating how it could be possible someone could be so strong, if they are taking drugs, what they had for lunch, or what their sex life is like.

If the internet went away, I would still train.

There's no money or true fame in this sport.  Outside of our little community, no one cares about or understands grip sports.

If Ivan did cheat, I don't care.  He is nice guy who motivated me to train harder than I was.  It seems we will never know the answer, unless Ivan makes a statement.  I still believe his strength is legitimate.  If it isn't, then I would say it is shameful to lie and deceive people, but who am I to judge?  It doesn't affect me at all.

Regardless, I think it's completely unfortunate for everyone when someone gets alienated and pushed out of a group/community without any actual evidence of deception or wrongdoing.

We can, and will, believe what we all want to about this. I just don't understand the obsession

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

I don't understand the paranoia and conspiracy theories about how all of these lifts could have been cheated.  I also don't understand how invested everyone is in this topic.  I do this for my own personal satisfaction, and I enjoy sharing my talent with the world.  I do not sit around all day contemplating how it could be possible someone could be so strong, if they are taking drugs, what they had for lunch, or what their sex life is like.

There's no money or true fame in this sport.  Outside of our little community, no one cares about or understands grip sports.

If Ivan did cheat, I don't care.  He is nice guy who motivated me to train harder than I was.  It seems we will never know the answer, unless Ivan makes a statement.  I still believe his strength is legitimate.  If it isn't, then I would say it is shameful to lie and deceive people, but who am I to judge?  It doesn't affect me at all.

Regardless, I think it's completely unfortunate for everyone when someone gets alienated and pushed out of a group/community without any actual evidence of deception or wrongdoing.

We can, and will, believe what we all want to about this. I just don't understand the obsession

1 - It's a contest

2 - What do you require for proof

3 - This was a extensive post for someone that doesn't care

16 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

I'm not hard to find.  You want to have a discussion about how this is different than Tiziano's situation?  Be a man and contact me directly.

Check your messages.

Edited by dubyagrip

For everyone else, @bruce1337 here is using the same words I made in a post about my stance on Tiziano Becchio to, I guess, make me look like a hypocrite.

An individual gripper feat at the highest level is not the same as an entire venue cheating and screwing multiple weight classes over out of results and records in a major international contest.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 2

Actually I just declared myself the king kong of grip, I beat all of these lifts but forgot to take a video. Please send me the trophy and prize money, don't accuse me of anything it's none of your business why do you care how much I lift? I definitely am not lying, but even if I am it doesn't matter because you can use this as motivation for your own training. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

For everyone else, @bruce1337 here is using the same words I made in a post about my stance on Tiziano Becchio to, I guess, make me look like a hypocrite.

An individual gripper feat at the highest level is not the same as an entire venue cheating and screwing multiple weight classes over out of results and records in a major international contest.

This is off-topic. But actually, having an entire venue cheat is much less likely than a single person doing so. For an entire venue to cheat you’d have to find several athletes who are all willing to participate in the shenanigans, which will be much harder. 

On the topic. Do we know if they did indeed deliberately cheat? Perhaps some of the lifters were not in on it and simply performed on the equipment that was provided by the organizer? Perhaps it was the organizer who had prepped the equipment with chalk mixed with tacky. Perhaps this was a mistake by the organizer who simply didn’t realize that the chalk had tacky in it? There could be many explanations as to what happened. I actually don’t think we should be quick to label the athletes in that venue as cheaters. Yes, the lifts should be disqualified and not be included in the results. But whether or not the cheating was intentional or not should perhaps be left undecided until more information about what happened is provided.

• Like 4

Just now, Climber028 said:

Actually I just declared myself the king kong of grip, I beat all of these lifts but forgot to take a video. Please send me the trophy and prize money, don't accuse me of anything it's none of your business why do you care how much I lift? I definitely am not lying, but even if I am it doesn't matter because you can use this as motivation for your own training. 

I have reffed in several sports and have also worked with scientific research for many years and I conclude that the claim from Climber028 is irrefutable.

Congratulations Climber028 on your amazing victory! 

39 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

... whether or not the cheating was intentional or not should perhaps be left undecided until more information about what happened is provided.

The little I remember from a couple semesters of business law: "intent" is a difficult element to prove.

Cheating in such a niche sport seems like the stupidest thing ever. Like really? No one is gonna come sign you up for a shoe endorsement for pinching a piece of metal. Some folk need a check up from the neck up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

This is off-topic. But actually, having an entire venue cheat is much less likely than a single person doing so. For an entire venue to cheat you’d have to find several athletes who are all willing to participate in the shenanigans, which will be much harder. 

On the topic. Do we know if they did indeed deliberately cheat? Perhaps some of the lifters were not in on it and simply performed on the equipment that was provided by the organizer? Perhaps it was the organizer who had prepped the equipment with chalk mixed with tacky. Perhaps this was a mistake by the organizer who simply didn’t realize that the chalk had tacky in it? There could be many explanations as to what happened. I actually don’t think we should be quick to label the athletes in that venue as cheaters. Yes, the lifts should be disqualified and not be included in the results. But whether or not the cheating was intentional or not should perhaps be left undecided until more information about what happened is provided.

I agree that it’s very likely that not all competitors were aware of what was going on. It would be incorrect to label everyone at the venue as cheaters. The exclusion of results, however, I feel was necessary. Regrettably, I don’t expect any further information to come to light that would give a definitive answer as to what exactly happened.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

I agree that it’s very likely that not all competitors were aware of what was going on. It would be incorrect to label everyone at the venue as cheaters. The exclusion of results, however, I feel was necessary. Regrettably, I don’t expect any further information to come to light that would give a definitive answer as to what exactly happened.

As for excluding the results, Thomas Jefferson once said, “Ignorance of the law is no excuse in any country. If it were, the laws would lose their effect, because it can always be pretended.”

Whether innocently, knowingly, or intentionally gaining an unfair advantage..it's against the rules and therefore excluded.

• Like 2

I love how people question the amount of strength these lads have gained over the course of a year, but don't bat an eye when a 60kg man gains 85 RGC in his credit card set close .....

How ironic.

Edited by Londonjoseph
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

I love how people question the amount of strength these lads have gained over the course of a year, but don't bat an eye when a 60kg man gains 85 RGC in his credit card set close .....

How ironic.

Who was this?

by the way, the theme is called Videos of Top Crusher, Pinch Block, and Jug Lifts apart from the video with the block and the top lifts from Gatchina, I don't see anything else here. where are they, the rest of the record climbs? Sorry, it's my first day here, I'm still not well oriented. please drop the link. as I understand it, the videos have already been posted, but I still haven't found them

On 10/30/2023 at 1:29 PM, BottledCitrus said:

Cheating in such a niche sport seems like the stupidest thing ever. Like really? No one is gonna come sign you up for a shoe endorsement for pinching a piece of metal. Some folk need a check up from the neck up. 

Unfortunately it is in our nature to some degree, therefore it will exist everywhere no matter how small the sport. Best we can do is to minimize it by calling it out, making others aware of it, and simply disqualifying it. Otherwise its pure disrespect to everyone who trains for that sport not just the very top. Being skeptical is a good thing, its how we keep each other in check. 

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Ivan Cuk said:

Unfortunately it is in our nature to some degree, therefore it will exist everywhere no matter how small the sport. Best we can do is to minimize it by calling it out, making others aware of it, and simply disqualifying it. Otherwise its pure disrespect to everyone who trains for that sport not just the very top. Being skeptical is a good thing, its how we keep each other in check. 

Not in my nature. I suck at grip and bending. I’ll be the first to admit it. It’s not that hard. If you feel the need to cheat then you might consider not being in competition. Just lift in your garage. Cheating is no better than being a thief. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 2:33 PM, Londonjoseph said:

I think you, David, Bruce, slazbob, etc are confused about the Tiziano situation.

I'm pretty sure every single person on this board is highly skeptical of Tiziano, given his bodyweight and lack of an in-person witness. We would be fools not to be.

The main difference is, I haven't seen any video evidence or otherwise (such as the clear manipulations present in these King Kong videos - fingers sticking to the block, odd yellow residue, strange finger movements and behavior releasing the block, etc) to suggest that Tiziano has cheated in any way. He very well could be, as we have already discussed ad infinitum - but until credible evidence arises, or enough time passes without having acquired a witness, it would be more foolish to accuse someone outright of cheating. The greatest difference here is between skepticism and accusation. Skepticism is good and necessary - accusation, without sufficient evidence, and especially if proven wrong, makes a greater fool of the accuser. Certain people on this forum have been merely skeptical, a minority have made outright accusations that Tiziano is a cheater.

In law, false accusations (libel, slander, and defamation) often result in forced repayment of losses to the accused from the accuser. In ancient civlizations, such as in the Code of Hammurabi, severe punishments were doled out - "If a man accuses another man and charges him with homicide, but cannot bring proof against him, his accuser shall be killed." Making false accusations without evidence carries a heavy burden, and isn't to be taken lightly.

If Tiziano is proven to have cheated, or never proves himself legitimate in the future with a reliable in-person witness, we will all gladly dismiss and discredit all of his accomplishments forever - and rightly so. Not sure how much more clear we could possible make this. But if he proves himself as legitimate, what then? Do the accusers just get to say - "whoops, oh well, who cares" and move on?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jared P said:

I think you, David, Bruce, slazbob, etc are confused about the Tiziano situation.

I'm pretty sure every single person on this board is highly skeptical of Tiziano, given his bodyweight and lack of an in-person witness. We would be fools not to be.

The main difference is, I haven't seen any video evidence or otherwise (such as the clear manipulations present in these King Kong videos - fingers sticking to the block, odd yellow residue, strange finger movements and behavior releasing the block, etc) to suggest that Tiziano has cheated in any way. He very well could be, as we have already discussed ad infinitum - but until credible evidence arises, or enough time passes without having acquired a witness, it would be more foolish to accuse someone outright of cheating. The greatest difference here is between skepticism and accusation. Skepticism is good and necessary - accusation, without sufficient evidence, and especially if proven wrong, makes a greater fool of the accuser. Certain people on this forum have been merely skeptical, a minority have made outright accusations that Tiziano is a cheater.

In law, false accusations (libel, slander, and defamation) often result in forced repayment of losses to the accused from the accuser. In ancient civlizations, such as in the Code of Hammurabi, severe punishments were doled out - "If a man accuses another man and charges him with homicide, but cannot bring proof against him, his accuser shall be killed." Making false accusations without evidence carries a heavy burden, and isn't to be taken lightly.

If Tiziano is proven to have cheated, or never proves himself legitimate in the future with a reliable in-person witness, we will all gladly dismiss and discredit all of his accomplishments forever - and rightly so. Not sure how much more clear we could possible make this. But if he proves himself as legitimate, what then? Do the accusers just get to say - "whoops, oh well, who cares" and move on?

Oh yeah? What's enough time for you?

He's already deleted all his videos, and has moved on to stonelifting. Picking up various boulders he could slap any weight number on seems right up his alley.

Also, he denied a free trip to Dubai! Take of that what you will. 

• Like 1

He's already deleted all his videos, and has moved on to stonelifting. Picking up various boulders he could slap any weight number on seems right up his alley.

Really!?  

Tiziano deleted all of his grip videos???