King Kong - Videos of Top Crusher, Pinch Block, and Jug Lifts

Eric Roussin

The block is...yellow?  It could be my screen.  Also, watch their fingers when setting and releasing the block.

No matter, I'm moving on with my training.  Congrats to ALL competitors.

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1

Just now, Vinny F said:

210 on Crusher last year and 286 this year ?  

33rd overall in 2021 and 66th in 2022, and move up to 2nd overall ?

🤣

At the beginning of the year, his maximum on a similar handle was about 110kg with a CLEAR HOOK. This video is on his Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnUVfc1qp3_/

It seems to me that this is more than enough time to add 20kg while being at the peak of the capabilities of a normal-sized person. It's strange that he didn't add more🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, dubyagrip said:

The block is...yellow?

Rosin is yellow, and adhesives based on it (there is almost white, but it still gives yellowness). It's not about the color - mine is also yellow. But this is dirt, epithelium and chalk - that's why more than 45kg was lifted on it only once in a year.

• Like 1

hold on.. why does the finger movement on the block look so unnatural
its like there is resistance to them coming off? and then they shoot off quickly, like pressure was building

I also have a product that is a sticky liquid chalk that dries yellow 
I've never seen yellow implements anywhere else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pay attention to how stable the hands are on the Block and Jug. Despite everything - the leather does not amortize and shifts, there is no slip on either the jag or the block. If something can be noticed, it is only after a dozen reps of the video

At the end of last year, Krivykh had his competitive record on a 50mm v-bar painted with rough powder paint, with a hook grip allowed by the rules and actively used by him - 172.5 kg. This year  - on 63mm without a hook 167kg

On August 4, the Krivykh PR  on the Silarukov block (80 mm, rough powder paint, sharper angles - for which the thumbs cling, and a lower height, so that it can be tilted) was 113kg. The difference with the IM Block is not less than 10% in the direction of IM. Theoretically, his two-handed maximum on IM is 100-105 kg. One-handed in the area of 45-47.5kg

I have videos if you need them.

2023-10-30_061601.jpg

Lappalainen Dmitry - his PR at the end of the summer is 44kg on IM. At the beginning - 40kg

I have both videos

2023-10-30_031850.jpg

dl-40.jpg

In general, according to their location, there is a strange distribution of the increase. Some have lifted their usual weights. or even less.

Someone shot all four, and someone else...

Lappalainen in a YEAR  added 16kg on the jug and 18kg on the Block in three months!...

In general, it looks like they had a fun orgy for three, But Makarov and Krivykh pushed Dmitry away from the medals by right of force))))

I cropped the jug video and increased the resolution. The quality is still poor. But it's clear as day - the handle does not shift in the palm of by a millimeter. Even putting weight on the ground, he does not immediately release his hand. It feels like either he has a large reserve of strength (at least 10 kilograms, like Makarov in the video with crusher). Or the handle just isn't...can't shift inside of the grip...

19 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I cropped the jug video and increased the resolution. The quality is still poor. But it's clear as day - the handle does not shift in the palm of by a millimeter. Even putting weight on the ground, he does not immediately release his hand. It feels like either he has a large reserve of strength (at least 10 kilograms, like Makarov in the video with crusher). Or the handle just isn't...can't shift inside of the grip...

If you see closely in Makarov and Ivan block videos the fingers are sticking to the block. As they walk their fingers or "setup" you can see their fingers stick and pop off. And when Makarov sets the block down you can see him have to awkwardly pull away.. I believe that is the proof.

• Like 4

Just now, ZRMMA said:

If you see closely in Makarov and Ivan block videos the fingers are sticking to the block. As they walk their fingers or "setup" you can see their fingers stick and pop off. And when Makarov sets the block down you can see him have to awkwardly pull away.. I believe that is the proof.

Absolutely! I just talked with Eric about this. But what caught my eye more was the lack of hand displacements on the block during weight lifting. The torn skin on the thumbs is the prose of our training. And I have NEVER seen in my life that the maximum weight pulls without displacements! Or it's quite easy for them - maybe they feel a reserve for 5-7.5 kg or it's glue!

• Like 1

It's unfortunate.  It is unlikely that three smaller people at a single venue would suddenly all break a world record with lifts way higher than they ever got before, without cheating.  It is circumstantial evidence, but fairly compelling, if you have any kind of number sense.  The likelihood of that happening without cheating is sort of similar to the likelihood that if you had a random drawing for three prizes from all the 250-300 king kong entrants at all 31 venues, three people from a single venue would win it.  Not impossible, mathematically, but suspicious.  And all the more so when you already know that one of them tried to fix it!

Or am I missing something from the story?  It is just too bad.  Regardless of these two lifts, we already have the one confirmed cheater, who I think was disqualified, and now we have to be concerned that the integrity of the whole world-wide model is in peril.  

It's not all that personal to me; I am not in contention for the top lifts, even in my weight class, let alone overall.  But it is annoying to see myself 75th of 188 overall and 10th of 27 in my weight class if that is not accurate because there are some undetermined number of cheaters ahead of me.  Maybe there aren't, but now we don't know, do we?

Video does help.  But it doesn't prevent all cheating, where there are promoters who are in on it.  I don't envy Eric's position in deciding what, if anything, to do to inspire confidence in the honest participants that the competition is for real.  Eric is very reasonable and fair, and I suspect that I will support whatever course he decides is most prudent.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

The low quality of the video is also suspicious (480p in 2023).

Maybe this is normal for regular results. But not for records. I have about 60GB of video where someone is standing and looking at the camera over the weight, getting ready to lift. Yesterday I deleted more than a HUNDRED videos, where then there is no continuation at all, because the operator decided to immediately divide it into two parts. But SUCH records are shot in low quality... This is already paranoia on my part, probably...

Just now, Vinnie said:

Now Eric needs to get a good night's sleep and gain strength. I managed to sleep for two days once for two hours and second for three - I can imagine how he feels. But I don't have a percent of the responsibility that he has! I do not know if a new day has already come in Canada. But there will certainly be news waiting for us today. And big changes in our sports life!

It took just a bit more evidence for me to feel right about cancelling a venue's results. This evidence came in overnight. The results have now been updated. Sorry everyone:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

It took just a bit more evidence for me to feel right about cancelling a venue's results. This evidence came in overnight. The results have now been updated. Sorry everyone:

Thank you for being a man of such high integrity and humility.  I know this was a difficult situation.👏

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Eric Roussin said:

Eric thanks for all that you've done and this was the right call. The grip community stands behind you!

• Like 4