Overview of King Kong Situation in Ukraine

Eric Roussin

6 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Я не совсем понимаю, как и почему вам доставляет удовольствие хвастаться перед другими тем, что вы можете сделать то, чего не можете. Потому что ВЫ все еще знаете, что не можете этого сделать. Теперь мы тоже знаем, потому что видео есть. И теперь, поскольку мы знаем, что ты обманул то, что мы видели, мы будем думать, что ты обманул то, чего мы не видели. Таким образом, вы теряете уважение к вещам, которые действительно могли бы сделать, пытаясь притвориться тем, чего не можете сделать. Возможно, вы научитесь этому. 

И, кстати, у нас здесь тоже есть читеры, в том числе и в последнее время. Это не твоя страна — это твой характер. Будь лучше, чувак.

Probably because I can do it, dude

image.png.da296c1fcefbc29161ce2b4160384ace.png

4 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:
Probably because I can do it, dude

image.png.da296c1fcefbc29161ce2b4160384ace.png

Not according to the videos provided. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

I'm not sure exactly how or why it makes you happy to boast to others that you can do a thing you can't do.  Because YOU still know you can't do it.  So now we know, too, because the video is there.  And now, because we know you cheated on what we saw, we will think you cheated on what we didn't see.  So you lose the respect for things you might really have done, by trying to fake the ones you can't do.  Maybe you will learn from this. 

And by the way, we have cheaters here, too, including recently.  It's not your country -- it's your character.  Be better, man.

Well said, Vincent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As Ivan said, КК is one of the many competitions in which I take part and I will not lose anything by not competing in it, it’s true, but the war in Ukraine will end and I will hope that I will remain alive and well and will be able to compet at the KK outside of Ukraine and prove that I am right and Ivan is wrong.

58 minutes ago, Hartsavain said:

So without this video,this lift would have been new wr🤔 Done by very experienced lifter.  😏

58 minutes ago, stranger said:

Unfortunately yes lol. 

You don't know yet what weight has almost become a new World Record! If this figure is not in social networks and you have not seen it, then you can arrange a sweepstake. I am sure that it is possible to guess only by chance, calling the number in jest...

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

As Ivan said, КК is one of the many competitions in which I take part and I will not lose anything by not competing in it, it’s true, but the war in Ukraine will end and I will hope that I will remain alive and well and will be able to compet at the KK outside of Ukraine and prove that I am right and Ivan is wrong.

People already saw the video, so you are not going to prove Ivan wrong about that.  You don't improve your situation by trying to defend the indefensible.  I hope you and Ivan both remain alive and well, and that we learn what you can do without cheating.  Just do it right going forward, and people will get over it.  By digging a deeper hole for yourself, you will just have more trouble getting out of it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Люди уже видели это видео, так что вам не удастся доказать, что Иван не прав. Вы не улучшите свою ситуацию, пытаясь защитить то, что невозможно защитить. Я надеюсь, что вы с Иваном оба останетесь живы и здоровы, и что мы узнаем, что можно делать без мошенничества. Просто делайте это правильно, и люди это переживут. Выкопав себе яму поглубже, вам будет просто сложнее выбраться из нее.

Have you carefully read everything that was written before? I don’t deny the tilt of the crusher on the record approach, but I don’t agree with Ivan’s opinion that this is -25% of the result, 1-2 kg, I agree, last year’s result was 95 kg, I also don’t deny that I took the pinch closer to the edge, but also not I see cheating in this, I agree that following Eric’s video this is not acceptable, regarding the sideways stance it is not prohibited, the use of rosin and pressing against the thigh is nonsense

image.png.31f8eb8ae098fd11676993247cbfef38.png

2 hours ago, Дмитро Грунський said:
This phrase concerns Vitaly and not Ivan, and yes I reported it

image.png.4f39662255f2952c65604953a3aa592a.png

As for Pulin - I think it will be interesting to you that he has lost his job, business and a lot of material values lately. And the mayor of Melitopol, who regularly appears on TV with the President or in Parliament, is his personal friend. At least, it follows from your words that the mayor of Melitopol can also be suspected of betrayal. And as a maximum - our President? If I were you, I would not throw such accusations if you are not an employee of the government sequritys with access to classified information. Besides, sooner or later the war will end. And I hope that you will meet Vitaliy alive, and not at the Judgment of God. And then his fists (really huge fists) will have questions to your face...

Edited by Ivan Pupchenko
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Hi. How well I got in. At least somewhere you guys are active and talking about our performance! I spent some time but still read everything that Ivan wrote, much of what was written is his words against mine, but still I will show you that Ivan is a liar, this applies to my performances at Vitaly Pulin's tournaments. Now this man is a russian collaborator, but I once performed in his federation. Ivan says that in 2019 I refused to compet, but my awards say the opposite, I performed in this federation until 2021, as well as in a number of other federations and I do not specifically attach diplomas of the Armlifting Federation of Ukraine and APL

IMG_20231026_121923.jpg

IMG_20231026_121908.jpg

IMG_20231026_121854.jpg

IMG_20231026_121841.jpg

IMG_20231026_121810.jpg

IMG_20231026_121740.jpg

IMG_20231026_121720.jpg

IMG_20231026_121705.jpg

IMG_20231026_121633.jpg

IMG_20231026_121453.jpg

I didnt read the whole thing…just watched the video and that was enough to know the lifts were illegal and especially bracing with the pinch block which was done intentionally. There isnt a lot of pressure required on the thigh to make a large difference as I have tested it in order to make reference to people that brace. With as much competition you have done you know that isnt allowed…end of story. The rest of the stuff isn't necessary. 

Edited by Lucasraymond
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Block-60_35kg-02.gif

Hahahhahahahahhaahahahhahaha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Block-60_35kg-02.gif

This is completely reprehensible!!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t come to the KK competition with the streets, not everything worked out, but I continued to improve. The photo shows my results for the last three years. There are no results for the other athletes yet, but I am sure that I am the strongest in the world in the 83 kg category. @Eric Roussin as I wrote earlier, I deny any intentional cheating or use of rosin, the violations of the rules in the crusher and pinch were not done intentionally and I had the time and opportunity to prove my strength by correcting these mistake.

IMG_20231027_084311.jpg

IMG_20231027_084340~2.jpg

IMG_20231027_084401~2.jpg

Rosin aside if you have a bracing lift which is clearly not a legitimate lift why even post the numbers for it? If you're at the top there's even more reason to be unimpeachable with your lifts. Don't diminish whoever is 83kg class championship by claiming you're better than them. Show some humility and respect if you expect it from others.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

+ sixteen kilograms to last year's flask!...wish I knew the secret of such progress.... I'm usually glad that I just haven't gotten any weaker in a year...

Actually, that's how it all started.. I tried to explain to him that there are some patterns in this sport that work on most... but... Anar, I perceive this situation as a personal disgrace. And as a disgrace to our national team... And Dima is basking in the glory of an unrecognized genius... There's something wrong with one of us!...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

I perceive this situation as a personal disgrace. And as a disgrace to our national team.

Absolutely 

Edited by insane.warrior

On 10/25/2023 at 5:42 PM, Eric Roussin said:

Through my years of collaborating with Ivan on King Kong, I feel strongly that the integrity of the contest is extremely important to him. As such, if he has serious doubts about how an event was conducted, I choose to rely on his judgment and will endorse his decision. I hope you can appreciate the difficulty of the decision, but understand why I’m making it.

Yes.  You, Eric, are rightfully respected for your integrity in the sport, and so is Ivan.  I'm inclined to support you and Ivan over anyone less established who disputes with you, but if I did have any doubts, the video would have erased them.

I hope you will disqualify that whole venue, and no longer allow that promoter to participate.  Given the video proof of what many of the lifters and the promoter HAD to know was cheating, and the multiple people feeling a sticky substance, I think it is a fair conclusion that the promoter was dishonest as well and NONE of the results from that venue can be reliable.  This is not a criminal case with jail - you don't need proof beyond a reasonable doubt.  The scale just needs to tip more likely one way than the other (in law we call that a preponderance of the evidence).  The scale tips in favor of foul play here.  It might even be beyond a reasonable doubt, but it does not need to be certain.  Just more likely than not.  You have that.  It is not the fault of every participant:  maybe some did not know.  Also, it does not mean that every lift really WAS bad; just that you have no way of knowing what is anyone's real result.

I will note that in an arm lifting comp, where the implement involved was new and never before contested, the promoter at the venue where I competed misjudged how to do the lift, and we all unwittingly did the lift wrong and got higher results than made sense.  ALL of our lifts were disqualified because of some video showing just the top lifts being done wrong.  And this was without KNOWING we were doing it wrong, and we did not ask for the lifts (even the unrecorded lighter ones) to be counted, or to get a do-over.  We knew the lifts could not be counted once we were told why.  We were angry that we had wasted our time with the comp, but not at the lifts not being counted -- just at the bad communication by arm lifting USA.  

Grip sports is run better than that.  You did not cause this problem by miscommunicating.  These were not new, never-before tried implements.  This was cheating, and they are looking for an out by asking for re-dos, etc., after their attempts were shown not to be valid.  But it is a rising bar, and they took their attempts.  After their cheating failed, they should not get a chance to do it right after finding out they didn't get away with it.  Maybe offer them to continue the rising bar where it left off, but with proof of good lifts lol.  Start the IM block at 60kg?  LOL.  Just kidding of course, although without cheating, that would be the same as not counting it.  You should not count any of their lifts, or, at least, not unless there is a good video of it that you know was done during their attempts.  But the sticky stuff I think means even a good vid is suspect.

And because of the sticky stuff, you should not allow that promoter back.  That is proof enough on its own -- Ivan, who is the lead grip sports rep in Ukraine, and others he trusts, have confirmed the stickiness.  Enough said.  You don't need a lab result telling you what it was.

Nip this in the bud.  No one is going to trust results if shenanigans like this are not stomped out with a strong boot.

Edited by Vinnie
  • Like 7

27 minutes ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

+ sixteen kilograms to last year's flask!...wish I knew the secret of such progress.... I'm usually glad that I just haven't gotten any weaker in a year...

Actually, that's how it all started.. I tried to explain to him that there are some patterns in this sport that work on most... but... Anar, I perceive this situation as a personal disgrace. And as a disgrace to our national team... And Dima is basking in the glory of an unrecognized genius... There's something wrong with one of us!...

Yeah considering 99% of people would be stronger on the flask compared to the IM block. My best blockbuster is 102lbs in training while my best flask is 126lbs…so its VERY suspect when there is a 30+lb difference the opposite direction. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

There are no results for the other athletes yet, but I am sure that I am the strongest in the world in the 83 kg category.

LOL!  Lots of folks are sure about themselves that way -- that is why we have a competition to find out who's right!  No one else has any idea about you, though, since you got a ZERO

It's unfortunate that you are not learning from this.  You probably are pretty strong.  Then again, maybe you aren't.  How can any of us know?

1 minute ago, dubyagrip said:

I can't wait for the results

I wonder if you beat his cheat lift with your valid lift?  Wouldn't that be kinda cool?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

I didn’t come to the KK competition with the streets, not everything worked out, but I continued to improve. The photo shows my results for the last three years. There are no results for the other athletes yet, but I am sure that I am the strongest in the world in the 83 kg category. @Eric Roussin as I wrote earlier, I deny any intentional cheating or use of rosin, the violations of the rules in the crusher and pinch were not done intentionally and I had the time and opportunity to prove my strength by correcting these mistake.

IMG_20231027_084311.jpg

IMG_20231027_084340~2.jpg

IMG_20231027_084401~2.jpg

6 hours ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Intentional or not you must understand that you have the same opportunity as everyone else. One competition and thats it. There is no second chances... Next time read the rules and follow them. 

Your grip in crusher and block lifts are not permitted and you are also clearly using your leg with the block lift. It doesnt matter what you say here or facebook or wherever. These are facts we can see on video you personally recorded. 

Saying you are the strongest even you havent seen other lifters results... You should learn some respect.

• Like 5

Overall I feel like this whole thing has brought any lifts done and the spirit of KK in to question. From now on I'd love to have requirement for every KK venue to have lifts filmed and released. I know the finnish grip community agrees with my statement.

If one experienced lifter and venue runner is lifting the Crusher and Blockbuster like that while calling them good lifts I'm worried others may be doing it as well or follow suit.. Also, even if there was no tacky or any other substance used, if the runner of the venue is clearly using illegal lifting techniques that add tremendous amount of kilos I'm sure so did someone else in the venue. So this unfortunately brings all lifts in the venue under assumption of cheating (intentional or not).

Edited by Mywor
  • Like 5

If there's no video of a major feat to scrutinize, then it didn't happen.  If you think you have a top lift, film it and do everything possible to show you followed the rules and remove doubt.  I am lucky to have had an experienced promoter, Steve Millard, run my competitions.  He thinks of everything and accounts for it.

I don't think every lift should be filmed and reviewed...  If competitors and promoters who stand no chance of having a top lift, placing in their class, or placing in the overall want to cheat, then why are they even competing and wasting their time to just lie?

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 7

On 10/26/2023 at 4:14 AM, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Crusher-98_1kg-02-2.gif

kinda like the little spin move he does after that "lift".  I call that the tilt and twist

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

kinda like the little spin move he does after that "lift".  I call that the tilt and twist

tumblr_6dce8f69e8de25018ef184f3d48af4f1_3297f5d9_250.gif

• Haha 6