Overview of King Kong Situation in Ukraine

Eric Roussin

Recently I’ve had to decide how to address a challenging situation that developed in Ukraine pertaining to the International King Kong Grip Challenge. For transparency and greater understanding, I wanted to summarize what has happened.

As context, Ivan Pupchenko has been the Ukrainian contact for King Kong for several years now. In an effort to involve as many people as possible, over the years he has gone from hosting a King Kong venue in the city where he lives to now travelling to different cities and running multiple venues over the two-week contest period.

It has been explained to me by Ivan that within the current context (war), travel is more challenging in Ukraine. As such, to provide athletes with as many opportunities to compete as in previous years, he now lends out the King Kong implements (which, I believe, is the only complete set in the country) to other individuals so that they can host the contest on their own. Such an arrangement was made with Dmitriy Grunsky, who held a King Kong venue on October 14 in Dnipro.

For assurance purposes, all competition lifts were recorded at Ivan’s request. Upon review of the Dnipro venue lifts, several lifts were determined to not meet the rule requirements for the Pinch Block and Crusher lifts and the results from these could not be counted. In some cases, competitors made acceptable lifts at lower weights, so Ivan was planning on counting these. But for Dmitriy, rule violations occurred for every single lift for one of the implements, so no result could be recorded. The specific violations were excessive tilt/incorrect hand placement with the Crusher and excessive tilt/incorrect hand placement and bracing against the thigh for the Pinch Block. Dmitriy claims he wasn’t aware of all the rules. While this may be true (Ivan regrettably admits that he neglected to send Dmitriy the rules clarification video that I shared with all promoters in September), some rules are widely known by experienced grip athletes like Dmitriy, like the rule for illegal bracing. Ivan had also noticed Dmitriy’s tendency to excessively tilt the Crusher in past contests, which he repeatedly pointed out to him. Nonetheless, he continued to use this technique. Following Ivan’s communication that he would need to exclude results, Dmitriy immediately insisted (via multiple calls and texts) that Ivan either send back the equipment so that he could re-attempt his lifts, or that the results be allowed to stand.

The situation escalated further when Ivan went to the post office to pick up the King Kong implements that Dmitriy had shipped back immediately following the contest. When he removed them from the box, they all felt “sticky” – some more than others, with the Pinch Block and Crusher being the stickiest. Ivan couldn’t tell with certainty what type of substance was on the implements, but he was convinced that it was not simply chalk. At the time he opened the package he was at a training facility, so he asked other armwrestlers/gripsters to feel the implements and tell him what they thought. They all agreed that there was some stickiness. So now Ivan had even greater concerns about the Dnipro performances – not only were there technique violations (proven via video), but now there was also possibly equipment tampering (which cannot be proven 100%). His confidence in Dmitriy dropped even further, and returning the equipment was no longer an option.

Further communications between Dmitiry and Ivan soured, to the point that Ivan no longer has any interest in participating in contest alongside Dmitriy. So travelling to Ivan’s to re-do his lifts is not an option (I respect Ivan’s position, given the circumstances). Traveling outside of the country to compete in another King Kong promoter’s venue would be acceptable, but I recognize this may be challenging, if not impossible at this time.

I hope you can appreciate that what I’m recounting is my understanding of what occurred, primarily based on Ivan’s communications with me. I cannot know with certainty if the implements were tampered with, nor can I confirm whether Dmitriy does or does not have a history of such actions. But having seen the King Kong videos myself, I can concur that the lifts conducted on October 14 violate the rules, and therefore cannot be counted in the official King Kong results.

Through my years of collaborating with Ivan on King Kong, I feel strongly that the integrity of the contest is extremely important to him. As such, if he has serious doubts about how an event was conducted, I choose to rely on his judgment and will endorse his decision. I hope you can appreciate the difficulty of the decision, but understand why I’m making it.

The International King Kong Grip Challenge has been running annually since 2013, but it is not a perfect contest. I continue to try to learn each year and will see what additional steps could be taken to lessen the probability of similar situations occurring in the future.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Sounds simple and reasonable, you can ignore all the theories about sticky substance and focus solely on the tilt which we have video evidence of and that alone is enough to disqualify, nobody is owed a redo this isn't grade school. 

While it is unfortunate, ignorance of the rules does not allow you to break them without consequence. I've seen excessive tilt as well as bracing in many live competitions and every time the person tries to play dumb and get away with it but it ruins the event for everyone involved, wastes time, and causes unnecessary drama all because someone couldn't read a small amount of very simple rules before entering a competition. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Correspondence with Eric and violator was conducted for a whole week. Moreover, with the violator, it was complicated by the fact that the messenger has the ability to modify and delete messages (which makes everything very complicated). Part of what I'm going to write here I described to Eric and in order to reduce the time I spend on it, I just use original text. To make you understand better - one of the many letters consisted of 16,000 symbols, and how I wrote to Eric then is only a part, and a small part, of what I can write on each item. therefore, perhaps there will be some information that I have not yet conveyed to him.

Some facts about the reputation of a person who, as I claim, deliberately committed fraudulent actions.
I sincerely believe that a person is not guilty until his guilt is proven. Therefore, some of the rumors that I have heard in the past did not matter to me at all. And personal observations of a person's attitude to the competitions did not cause a desire to conduct any investigations, to look for primary sources in the description of the events of the past years. During these one and a half weeks, I was able to talk with two direct eyewitnesses and participants of the competitions at which the ALLEGED violations were committed by Grunskiy.

Dmitriy 's statistics in the Silver Bullet exercise for several years:
2016 - National Championship - СоС-3 - 17,6 sec
2016 - National Cup - СоС-2,5 - 8,4 sec
2016 - National Grip Challenge - СоС-2,5 - 21 sec

2017 - National Championship - СоС-3 - 27,75sec
2017 - World Championship APL (Saint Petersburg) - СоС-3 - 19,97sec
2017 - National Cup - СоС-3 - 20,66sec
2017 - National Grip Challenge - СоС-3 - 25,09sec

2018 - National Championship - СоС-3 - 20.0sec
2018 - World Championship APL (Saint Petersburg) - СоС-3 - 22.25sec
                                                                                            !!!!! - СоС-4 - 15,66 sec (BW - 89kg)
                 For comparison, the result of Clay Edgin, which many of you know - 19,44sec (bw -154kg)
                The judge is a friend of Dmitriy and one of the leaders of the Ukrainian Armlifting Federation - Chizh Alexey

2018 - National Grip Challenge - СоС-3 - 16,62

Then I lost interest in it and stopped collecting protocols. As you can see, the result of Dmitriy on CoC-4 in 2018 stands out very much from his statistics. Which further strengthens suspicions that his friend and leader in the Ukrainian Federation was the judge at that time.
I managed to talk to Vadim Goncharenko (known on the Gripboard as Vadim Kinolog), as a direct participant in the National Cup 2018, next by the World Championship APL 2018. Further from his words: many athletes not only had questions and doubts about this result. Some directly, out loud and to his face accused him of fraud. He was asked in the presence of athletes to confirm the result on the gripper provided by them. Grunsky agreed. Since there was no CoC-4, he was offered SCoC-3,5. And... He couldn't even put a bullet in it.

You can see the name "National Grip Challenge" in the list above. These competitions were held by Vitaliy Pulin. A representative of IronMind in Ukraine, and a person whom Strossen trusted to judge attempts of Ironmind World Records. The records of Gaiduchenko on axel, Potapenko on LBH, Kupinsky on axel were set at tournaments organized and judged by Vitaliy Pulin.
In 2018, during the tournament, it was noted that part of handle suddenly became sticky, on the parts for which the athlete takes the second hand directly when he helps himself to establish a grip. The work surface has already become ordinary, as it has been repeatedly clogged by chalk. An examination of the opponents' hands was carried out and stickiness was noted for Dmitriy Grunskiy. Since it was discovered not on the platform and some time after his attempt, Dmitriy denied everything and referred to the fact that he touched something sticky either when he visited the toilet or when he drank sugary drinks between exersise. These explanations did not satisfy Vitaliy, since earlier at other competitions Lyudmila Gaiduchenko and her coach Eduard Anotkin had already  accused  Grunskiy and his team in using rosin or glue. Grunskiy was suspended from the tournaments of Vitaliy Pulin. However, in 2019, on the advice of Igor Kupisky, he set conditions for Grunskiy to participate and the opportunity to justify himself and prove his strength. The conditions included stickiness tests - tactile and using light paper. Constant presence under the visual control of a special observer. Prohibition on wiping hands with any towels not provided by the organizers. Prohibition to visit the toilet without visual control of the observer. Grunskiy refused participation on these terms. 
This information was obtained directly from Vitaly Pulin and Igor Kupinsky.

My attitude to armlifting (national Ukrainian Armlifting Federation) and Grunskiy.

Examples of the fact that for the sake of the development of KK in general and grip sports in Ukraine, I was much more than unbiased towards him:

Next, I will partially or completely use the text that I previously sent to Eric:

I telling everyone that "armlifter" is an abusive word and I ask  not to apply it to me. This attitude on my part was formed due to repeated cases of fraud, both sports and financial, from the old (until 2014) leaderships of the armlifting federation - both in relation to me and my family personally, and to other athletes. And the fact that the "new" leaderships, since 2015, followed the old path and immediately began to act with the old methods - count fake records, very different  judging "their" and "not their" athletes, collect fees from athletes, despite the fact that most of the expenses were covered by sponsors. (As I already wrote to you, I regret that I missed the first two (and the third, in fact) KK due to that I had some illusions about armlifting, and made a choice towards the "rolling thunder competitions".)

Until 2015, I had my own good business, and a little money. I was holding a national-level armlifting competitions. There were more participants than at the Ukrainian Championship and the prize fund (formed by me personally, without the participation of sponsors) was up to $ 2,000-$3,000. I had a certain authority among athletes and ... When the leaderships of the armlifting federation remained in Crimea in 2014, after the 2014 World Armlifting Championship (after which I feel a huge personal dislike for Strossen personally and for Ironmind as its "continuation"), one of the leaders of the Ukrainian Armlifting Federation  Andrey Sharkov from Crimea called me, and offered to head the part of the organization that remained in Ukraine. By the time I started having problems - the police/bandits started trying to take away my business (which they eventually succeeded), then I told Sharkov that I needed time to think, because I did not feel "financial prospects" and was not sure that I would be able to find time to do this. While I was thinking, unexpectedly for myself I found out that another person had already become the head of the federation. To be honest, then I breathed a sigh of relief.. But. In general, this man and his team, as I wrote above, came to earn money. They saw in me a person who could prevent them from doing this because of my principles. Let's just say that when I came to my last armlifting competition - the Ukrainian Cup in 2015, I was not welcome there. At the tournament, I heard that all the titles and regalia of athletes performed before 2014 were canceled, but not from the new president of the federation and his friends - they remained with their own. I saw several fake lifts, which were announced as new national records. After which the new president Malyushitsky personally approached me and personally assured me that it was a mistake of the judges. It's just that the announcer has already announced the result, but it will never appear in the record table (of course - "then" all these fakes became legitimate records). In one exercise, when my opponent and I lifted the same weight claiming to be medal (he was heavier than me himself), after that his b.weight changed to a lighter on the scoreboard and I was left without award. And when I won one of the exercises, they didn't even give me a prize (I didn't need a pack of protein at all, but the situation was.. it's a shame - all the winners received sports nutrition, grippers, T-shirts - and they just shook my hand and said thanks for the performance). After that, I announced that I would never again take part in any kind of armlifting competitions, and from the leadership of the federation streams of false accusations of all sins rushed at me.

But I wasn't the only one who saw the deception. Almost all people have eyes, and many have brains. Therefore, the number of participants in armlifting competitions began to decline quite quickly and the flows of money that were withheld from athletes for any reason began to decrease. And when I started  KK in 2016, federation leaderships again saw me as a threat. They and Grunskiy (then just an active athlete, and now, as I heard this week, vise-president of the  Ukrainian Armlifting Federation) began to pour sh...t on me and KK in social networks. Write that my results at the World Championships are fake, That my results in holding a bullet (placed on the same platform with Igor Kupinsky) are on fake grippers. That KK is a circus on rusty pieces of iron, in a smelly basement and much more. The fact that I am not present on Facebook or Instagram does not mean that my friends do not have it and I cannot read it. I treated it not only indifferently, but even philosophically. The more people bark at your back, the more people you overtake on your way. But... the coronavirus epidemic has begun. All competitions were canceled in the country. Someone just switched to training "for the future", and some.. Some of their unrealization in life and sports, forced to "change" their opinion about gripsport and KK.

So Dima Grunskiy appeared in my life. Grunskiy appeared in armlifting in 2016, a year after that I, having competed for five years at competitions at the level from the region to the World Championship for five years, had already left this field.  Before 2020 KK, I had never seen him live and (as far as I remember) I had never even communicated with him on the Internet. Although I knew that he was writing about me. When I was holding KK stages in Kiev, Dima and his team appeared there. Moreover, they did not agree of performance with me personally, but asked Artem Ushenko to "solve" this, obviously worried that I would not allow them or somehow infringe.

Eric, do you see how much text I've written? It could be one percent of what's going through my head right now! Eric - despite all this, I accepted them then in Kiev. Moreover, then and at subsequent tournaments, I supported them in every possible way. I revealed the subtleties and peculiarities of exercises, without which their results would be at least 10% lower. I gave recommendations on training, choosing chalk, making replicas of devices, and much more! Eric, after that, will anyone be able to say that I am biased against Grunskiy personally, or against someone from his team????

If I wanted him to perform unsuccessfully, he would have performed unsuccessfully since 2020, and would not have won awards!..."

Next is an example of my attitude to Grunskiy, which I did not give to Eric.
In 2021, I went to Dnepr to KK. What would you understand better is not just a matter of money. Direct communication between cities has been greatly reduced due to the coronavirus. The train was traveling from my city to Dnipro not directly (it's about 5 hours) but through the center of the country - about 16 or 18 hours and only twice a week. I had no opportunity to live in a strange city and not visit my workplace. The option of private buses remained. But their number has also been reduced. The only thing that was relevant... - 10 (!!!) hours sitting on a hard seat, distance to the places is such that I could not fit there and sat all this time half-sideways. You can imagine my state when I got out of this "animal car" in the Dneper. And then multiply it again and you will understand how I felt when I returned back to my city in the same way.

In Dnepr, Grunskiy gathered 21 athletes. I pointed out to him that this is a very large amount and to speed up the process, it would be reasonable to weigh the disks and count their amount on the platform. To which Dima replied that he had hired two assistants who would weigh the entire set at once on the scales after successful attempts. I said that there were problems during the previous KK under this scheme. Igor Kupinsky twice tried to beat the record by 2' V-bar, and both times after weighing the device turned out to be 1-2 kg lighter, and after adding weight he no longer had the strength to repeat. However, Dima objected that there are not many chances for records on this day, so the rest of the rivals have no objection to this scheme. I agreed. During the preparation, Dima trained on a replica of a Finnish ball, which he attached to the pin with a carbine (although I pointed out to him that this option is easier than a rigid connection, and surprises may await him on the day of the KK). And so it happened. After the warm-up, Dima ordered the first weight, based on his training results - 30kg. And didn't pull it. He spent three att for several minutes on the platform, each time tearing off the device by 10-20cm and dropping it until he tore off part of the skin on his finger. the zero mark threatened him. In the judging process, I noticed that discs from different sets are used for weight gain and the weighing results are different. The part was clearly lighter than the nominal value. After Dmitriy's third unsuccessful att, I personally weighed his device - it showed 30.3 kg. Before his last attempt, which could have cost him a year of training, I dismissed the assistants and personally prepared 30kg using discs that, according to my observations, were lighter than nominal. Dima lifted the weight heavily, but lifted the weight. Weighing showed - 29.65kg. And he was saved from the zero mark...

That's how I had a "biased" attitude towards Dmitry....

The tilt of the crusher:
Dmitriy participated in KK in 20, 21 and 22. At 20 and 21, I personally judged the competitions and gave instructions before them. Personally to Dmitriy and personally, for example, to Nikolay Kornienko (who writes letters to Eric on behalf of the armlifting Federation) I have repeatedly pointed out the inadmissibility of excessive tilting and the need to take the middle finger in the middle of the handle (which in most cases does not allow to handle to tilt excessively in itself).
In 22, when due to the outbreak of the war I could not personally go to the Dnepr, Dmitriy was chosen by me to be responsible for the tournament and judging. With the condition of fixing all att on video.
The following is a quote from my letter to Eric:

".... He only asks in response - why are you so picky now? You weren't so critical last year. My answer to him was - Dima, last year, of all your lifts in five exercises, only the final one on the crusher raised questions. Then I told you - Dima it is 50/50. If Eric had judged, I would even have given 55/ 45 that he would not counted it to you. I will credit it to you ONLY for two reasons - 1- this att is the only one. 2 - it exceeds the previous one, made without complaints by literally a couple of kilograms (now I don't remember the figure for sure, but it was really about 2kg). I then told him - Dima, I personally told you last year that you should not excessively tilt the crusher? his answer was Yes. I tell him - next time I won't count such a technique to you, is that clear? his answer was - Yes. And what do I see this year? Eric - EVERYTHING, I repeat, ALL his att were performed with the same tilt as in the video I sent you. The crusher was also tilted by other participants. He DELIBERATELY broke the rules and allowed others to do it. For reasons I don't understand, thinking that I will hide it!"

Tilt of the block:
As Eric wrote, and that I not only admit, but what I originally wrote to Grunskiy - I did not personally send him a video with explanations and did not control his viewing of it. There are a number of reasons for this. For example, the 14-year-old children, what I train found it on YouTube on their own and before me. I learned about this video from them. Moreover, when I turned on the computer, I didn't even have time to log on GB. The browser opened on the YouTube page, and Eric's video was the first in the list (yes - Big Brother exists and never sleeps. And this is not a joke, my friends))) I could not even think that an adult who calls himself a coach and holds the position of a coach not only in several fitness centers, but also in the Armlifting Federation of Ukraine, does not follow the sport in which he is going to participate.

Another quote from a letter to Eric:

"Eric, I blame myself for not sending him this video. and "biting my elbows." But one of my good friend told me a good thing about it. He says - Why do you blame yourself? Grunskiy is an experienced athlete. His friends appointed him vise-president of the armlifting federation and he appointed himself a senior coach of the federation (!!!!!!!). And who are you? A promoter, or a coach of Coach Grunskiy? Your duties are to provide equipment, provide objective judging and send the results to Eric on time. If there is anything else on this list, then in the any case there are no duties that you have been performing all this time in relation to him. You shouldn't have spent several years laying out to them all those nuances of technology, as you did, you shouldn't have traveled to other cities, spending family money on it. and a lot of other things you shouldn't. Especially after all those tons of sh...t that he personally poured on you behind your back. And in any case - you are not the coach of Coach Grunskiy. If he was going to compete without knowing  rules in the fourth year, then it's only his fault. And even if the rules of the KK did not say "one person - one performance", then he would have to be punished so that he eventually understood at least something about life!.."

The issue with the block is not limited with the tilt. ALL the lifts of Grunskiy were accompanied with pressing the thumb to the thigh. This is obvious after watching the video, by the synchronous movement of the arm and the hip point opposite which it is located. Already on this can put an end to this question of this exercise.

Rosin.
Then again quotes:

"In general, to begin, I'm attaching a screenshot of my correspondence with Igor Kupinsky on Oct. 15th. I'm giving you a translation, and you can use any software on your phone or computer to translate text into photos, there are a lot of such now, and check the correctness.

Igor - And what kind of chalk is it that he blows into his hands? I'm blowing into my hands because I'm in cold. And what about him?

And what about the Finnish ball, do they have world records?

Then my answer (there are grammatical typos - I wrote from my phone and my fingers didn't get on the buttons from emotions. I was on my way to work on a public bus when Grunskiy sent me the protocol. The emotions were such that I jumped up from my seat and hit my head on the upper handrail, and they did not leave me all night, so instead of sleeping, I decided to train at night and at the same time corresponded with Igor and several other armlifters who know Grunskiy ..)

- They have no heating either. But rosin, for example, from the heat of breathing will soften and then stick well to the cold surface. They all pulls a little on Finnish. It's such a tricky device that I can't even imagine how to cheat on it. The coupling area is small - no rosin and glues will help.

Igor's answer is that there are sports glues. The best in handball. And in the tug-of-war - but there are secret mixtures, strangers are never told recipes. Also in tenis and strongman. Pulin, all the time trying to catc him on these adhesives. He didn't like that they were rubbing their hands with their personal rags all the time and breathed in hands even in summer.

Now to today - when I unpacked the package... Eric, all the handles were sticky. There was a slight smell. It looks like rosin, but.. more chemical. I recently after corona again - there are problems with the perception of smells and I do not feel a sweet taste. Therefore, I can't describe it exactly. All this happened in training. There were a lot of gripsters/arm wrestlers (today was the day of sparring). Therefore, I called everyone to exclude the factor of personal hostility or something like that. The surface of the block is slightly sticky at the first touch, but if you hold your hand on it for a few seconds and let it warm up.. Even without chalk, the hand did not slide on metal! The crusher was also very sticky. Jug is a slightly, Finnish ball at the level of autosuggestion. This was noted by all the participants of the experiment! Moreover, this substance is so annoying that even after half an hour or an hour the hands remained tenacious. Despite the fact that all this time I was showing beginners wrestling or lifting techniques on grip devices, I helped to press a barbell or dumbbells to some peoples...

You know, if you take a sezoned device and knock/blow on it, chulk dust will still fly off, and when I unpacked the box, there was no dust in it. And all the handles, despite the fact that they are white, since chalk/ dirt/epithelium curled into the surface - they did not stain the hands in white, as if covered with the thinnest layer of varnish or something like that... I think that Grunskiy was in such euphoria that he simply forgot to wipe all the devices with chulk before shipping. I asked him to send them back maximum quickly, so that they would be in Sumy the next day or on Monday. and he just forgot to remove all traces in a hurry..."

"Now about the rosin. Eric, theoretically there are chemical test systems to detect traces of it on the equipment for printing. But even if I found 1000 dollars to buy it and I would have a week and a half left to get it in my hands. The only one way to 100% prove its presence is to receive the parcel on video, unpack it directly at the post office and conduct a chemical test right there. But this is impossible, at least due to the fact that according to our laws I cannot do this with the goods at the post office. Some electrical appliances at the post office cannot even be plugged into an outlet to check their operability. Now a lot of weapons are being sent in parts or in whole under the guise of goods, and cases when a post office or a mail machine explodes happen regularly. there can be no talk about any chemical experiments, especially! Therefore, Eric, there are 8 people (including me) who have an opinion that the devices were sticky. And my reputation is at stake. For Dima, if he is caught in this, nothing will change in his life at all. he will tell like-minded people that envious people lied to him without guilt and continue to perform at armlifting competitions. Where such things are the norm. And for me, if I'm lying, then my life as an athlete will be over. In armlifting, I will not compete on principle. And on gripsport - out of shame. No one will ever believe me even if I lift 50kg on a crusher and take a video of the lift and the subsequent weighing!..

Eric, I have been communicating with Igor Kupinsky since 2011 (and maybe earlier) and there are HUNDREDS of letters in my mail of such volume as this with reflections on sports. Eric, during all this time we have literally raised the topic of rosin and adhesives once or twice! It is so taboo for us that we are not even interested in this aspect in theoretical terms! And when Grunskiy sent me the protocols on Saturday, he practically mentioned with the following message that he had used the remnants of the chalk that I recommended last year (although last year they used half the package, and returned the other half to me along with the devices) and that rosin and liquid chalk were unacceptable for him. I haven't had time to open the photo with the numbers yet, as I read his message several times. I even raised my eyebrows, so I didn't understand what this remark was about and what its meaning was..."

Yesterday I went to my parents. Once upon a time, my father was engaged in repairing radio equipment. And he still has some reserves of rosin. Different varieties (as far as I understood, its qualities in work, and color, smell, stickiness differ from the varieties of wood from which it is made). I made alcohol solutions and conducted experiments with a piece of rusty metal. Smell - the smell of the three varieties of rosin is slightly different from each other and slightly different from how the grip tools from Dnepr smelled. But ALL FOUR ARE VERY SIMILAR. This is the smell of one substance. Perhaps there were additional notes of chemistry in the smell what I received from the Dnepr. As my father told me, now additional substances are being added to rosin in order to modify its properties when working with some metals in modern radio engineering, or the solvent could not be ethyl alcohol, or some mixture that changes its properties and smell. Color - red rosin changed the color of rust very noticeably, and it is impossible to hide it, but light yellow after drying is almost invisible. The metal becomes a little darker at first, but after the chalking, it almost returns to the original.
Stickiness is exactly the feeling that was from the devices. Especially on the paint part. Also, stickiness persisted for a long time - I walked and touched various objects on purpose. Boards, metal, rubber - but it passed very slowly. As after the first contact with tools from the parcel on monday...

Regarding the reliability of my experiment with rosin and my experience of chemical experiments:
My first education is a Doctor of veterinary medicine. 7 years of education at a National-level University. The level is similar to the Master's degree in the western system. M.Phil. - since the topics of my work were laboratory methods of diagnosing diseases, not practical medicine.
In particular, during my studies, I studied methods of primary research of biological material without using special tools, in "field conditions". For example, the content of certain proteins or other substances in body fluids, which is important for establishing a diagnosis, will change not only the color or smell, but also, for example, properties during drying and evaporation. Give stickiness, viscosity or crust (strong, elastic, brittle or other).
So I am able to distinguish the stickiness from chocolate, or wet chalk from the one that will give glue or a special composition with rosin...

In any case, I can write a lot more on this theme. (if someone is interested in something, ask questions and I will try to answer them) But I don't want to. this story has already cost me dearly. Because of emotions, I am now sitting with a thermometer under my arm and drinking a handful of pills one by one. But I will perform on Saturday. Even if I die, I will rise from the grave and perform. To spite all the scammers!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thank you @Eric Roussin and @Ivan Pupchenko for taking the time in explaining everything in detail. I hope the situation gets resolved well and the competition works out as planned! Also, I wish you best of health and recovery for the event on Saturday!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Clear as day that bracing was used and excessive tilt...good call by both Eric and Ivan!!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Hi. How well I got in. At least somewhere you guys are active and talking about our performance! I spent some time but still read everything that Ivan wrote, much of what was written is his words against mine, but still I will show you that Ivan is a liar, this applies to my performances at Vitaly Pulin's tournaments. Now this man is a russian collaborator, but I once performed in his federation. Ivan says that in 2019 I refused to compet, but my awards say the opposite, I performed in this federation until 2021, as well as in a number of other federations and I do not specifically attach diplomas of the Armlifting Federation of Ukraine and APL

IMG_20231026_121923.jpg

IMG_20231026_121908.jpg

IMG_20231026_121854.jpg

IMG_20231026_121841.jpg

IMG_20231026_121810.jpg

IMG_20231026_121740.jpg

IMG_20231026_121720.jpg

IMG_20231026_121705.jpg

IMG_20231026_121633.jpg

IMG_20231026_121453.jpg

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Moreover, then and at subsequent tournaments, I supported them in every possible way. I revealed the subtleties and peculiarities of exercises, without which their results would be at least 10% lower. I gave recommendations on training, choosing chalk, making replicas of devices, and much more!

I can confirm that.  I was there in 2020.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Now this man is a russian collaborator

Dmytro, this allegation is incredibly serious, if it is true you should report it to Security Service of Ukraine and provide evidence in the first place, and definitely not ask the person's equipment for the competition. L - logic.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Дмитрий, это утверждение невероятно серьезное, если оно правда, то вам следует сообщить об этом в Службу безопасности Украины и предоставить доказательства в первую очередь, а уж точно не спрашивать у человека технику для соревнований. Л – логика.

This phrase concerns Vitaly and not Ivan, and yes I reported it

image.png.4f39662255f2952c65604953a3aa592a.png

Regarding our competition. I didn't see Eric's video with the rules and followed Ivan's personal instructions, especially regarding the rise of the pinch (photo attached). I also deny the use of any substances except magnesia during the exercises, as well as Ivan's statements about pressing the projectile to the leg. Regarding the inclination of the crusher, I tried to raise my maximum and yes, maybe the angle of inclination was extremely large, but the weight a few kilograms less was raised in an acceptable technique and Ivan also has this video. The story with rosin appeared only after I wrote to Eric with a request to confirm my results in the personal presence of Ivan, and as I understood Eric was not against it, but Ivan was afraid to accept me and chose the path to which he canceled not only my results but also the three girls who performed with me!

IMG_20231026_131445_094.jpg

2 hours ago, Ivan Pupchenko said:

Block-60_35kg-02.gif

Who in their right mind thinks this is an acceptable lift? And you've apparently been doing grip comps for almost 10 years! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Regarding our competition. I didn't see Eric's video with the rules and followed Ivan's personal instructions, especially regarding the rise of the pinch (photo attached). I also deny the use of any substances except magnesia during the exercises, as well as Ivan's statements about pressing the projectile to the leg. Regarding the inclination of the crusher, I tried to raise my maximum and yes, maybe the angle of inclination was extremely large, but the weight a few kilograms less was raised in an acceptable technique and Ivan also has this video. The story with rosin appeared only after I wrote to Eric with a request to confirm my results in the personal presence of Ivan, and as I understood Eric was not against it, but Ivan was afraid to accept me and chose the path to which he canceled not only my results but also the three girls who performed with me!

You can say what you want but we can all see the block is pinned on your leg. Clear as day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:
This phrase concerns Vitaly and not Ivan, and yes I reported it

Okay, now I get it.

But even though Vitaly Pulin is considered to be russian collaborator, I don't think that has anything to do with Pulin's past armlifting competitions that you have participated in years ago.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Dmytro, from the chat screenshot between you and Ivan it is clear that he gives you advice to start training with tilted IM pinch block because the rules are not yet revealed (because he assumes that most of the athletes train it tilted) which means this is not an advice about how to perform that lift on competition.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stranger said:

Who in their right mind thinks this is an acceptable lift? And you've apparently been doing grip comps for almost 10 years! 

So without this video,this lift would have been new wr🤔 Done by very experienced lifter.  😏

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Hartsavain said:

So without this video,this lift would have been new wr🤔 Done by very experienced lifter.  😏

Unfortunately yes lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 минут назад, Дмитрий Грунский сказал:

Что касается наших конкурентов. Видео Эрика с соблюдением правил я не следил за личными указаниями, видел Ивана, особенно относительно подъема щипка (фото прилагается). Я также отклоняю применение во время тренировки каких-либо веществ, кроме магнезии, а также заявления Ивана о прижатии Земли к ноге. Что касается наклона дробилки, я начал подниматься на максимальную высоту, и да, угол, возможно, наклон был чрезвычайно большим, но вес на несколько килограммов меньше поднимался в приемлемой технике, и у Ивана тоже есть это видео. История с канифолью возникла только после того, как я написал Эрику с учетом моих результатов в личном контексте Ивана, и как я понял, Эрик был не против, но Иван побоялся меня принять и выбрал путь, по этому отменил не только мои результаты, но и три девушки, которые со мной выступали!

I do not deny the fact that there are violations in the attached videos based on the rules that @Eric Roussin described in his video, but the fact that I did not see it does not exempt me from responsibility, so I asked Ivan and Eric to try again to prove their strength and the groundlessness of the accusations and there was still enough time and opportunity for this!

image.png.fc3b0ecef8faa999db865023c6e830dd.png

I also asked Ivan not to involve the girls in this story and leave their results, but his statement about the use of rosin also affected them! According to Ivan, I’m so stupid that I broke the rules myself, filmed it on video and sent it to him, used rosin and, to celebrate my performance, sent him sticky shells, which completely destroys me and my performance, a very interesting story that I personally find hard to believe!

19 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Probably all these awards were earned by me exclusively using rosin.

Especially the Guinness World Record

IMG_20231026_143935.jpg

Imagine "winning" all those medals and thinking that the technique used on the block and crusher were good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Дмитро Грунський said:

Probably all these awards were earned by me exclusively using rosin.

I'm not sure exactly how or why it makes you happy to boast to others that you can do a thing you can't do.  Because YOU still know you can't do it.  So now we know, too, because the video is there.  And now, because we know you cheated on what we saw, we will think you cheated on what we didn't see.  So you lose the respect for things you might really have done, by trying to fake the ones you can't do.  Maybe you will learn from this. 

And by the way, we have cheaters here, too, including recently.  It's not your country -- it's your character.  Be better, man.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1