AdriaanRobert96

280kg deadlift mixed 

250kg double overhand 

220kg monkey 

Coc178RGC MMS 

GG6 184 RGC 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Not bad my man, that’a exactly the weight I was at when I first pulled my 180kg for 2, about a decade ago😆

I never believed I’d ever go above 225 in weight😂

Thanks, I injured my glute back in may and it's only just healed fully about a month ago so I've probably lost loads of lower body deadlift strength and also I'm down to 74kg/163lbs now so I would have to build back up to those numbers. That said my support grip is actually stronger now than when I was heavier though so if I could pull it I'd hold it.

I'm on a hand thickeness specialization phase for now though so Deadlifts are a low priority ATM.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Thanks, I injured my glute back in may and it's only just healed fully about a month ago so I've probably lost loads of lower body deadlift strength and also I'm down to 74kg/163lbs now so I would have to build back up to those numbers. That said my support grip is actually stronger now than when I was heavier though so if I could pull it I'd hold it.

I'm on a hand thickeness specialization phase for now though so Deadlifts are a low priority ATM.

Oh that sounds interesting, how are you going about that?

Hand thickness?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lennix said:

280kg deadlift mixed 

250kg double overhand 

220kg monkey 

Coc178RGC MMS 

GG6 184 RGC 

Insane is an understatement😎, sick gripper strength aswell!

10 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Insane is an understatement😎, sick gripper strength aswell!

Thanks! 

I want to return to grippers in the future now when there's actually grippers that bridges 180-200! 

On 10/8/2023 at 8:01 PM, Hubgeezer said:

I never attempted a Deadlift over 300 until I was 51 years old. 

You will like this. When I was 51, and successfully deadlifted over 300 pounds, I did 325 pounds. My son, who had been lifting weights for a month, was in his 20s, did 335. 

He is now 42 years old, is a former “Elite” Powerlifter, and can still easily Deadlift over 600 pounds. His best RGC was about 125 pounds. About eight years ago, at one of Haugen’s San Jose Fit Expos, I pulled 330 on the Apollon’s Axle, and he pulled 308. His hands are 7 1/2, mine are 7 7/8ths…

He had no disappointment in my beating him, as he understands grip strength. He wants me to DL 405, and is convinced I can do it when I am 70. Right now, I don’t know if I have 300 in me.

He has always been a “high responder” when it came to Deadlifting.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

You will like this. When I was 51, and successfully deadlifted over 300 pounds, I did 325 pounds. My son, who had been lifting weights for a month, was in his 20s, did 335. 

He is now 42 years old, is a former “Elite” Powerlifter, and can still easily Deadlift over 600 pounds. His best RGC was about 125 pounds. About eight years ago, at one of Haugen’s San Jose Fit Expos, I pulled 330 on the Apollon’s Axle, and he pulled 308. His hands are 7 1/2, mine are 7 7/8ths…

He had no disappointment in my beating him, as he understands grip strength. He wants me to DL 405, and is convinced I can do it when I am 70. Right now, I don’t know if I have 300 in me.

He has always been a “high responder” when it came to Deadlifting.

Mike - you never thought you'd ever close a #3 yet you got there.  I think 405# is possible for you if it's something you find important.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Mike - you never thought you'd ever close a #3 yet you got there.  I think 405# is possible for you if it's something you find important.

At my age, it is more achievable than Certing on the 3…

I have read on this forum before that “anyone can deadlift 500 pounds”. I disagree. The fact that you didn’t is PROOF that 500 pounds is a respectable lift. Just as I say “anyone can close the 2”, I will say “anyone can deadlift 400 pounds”. But 500? Naah. Certifying on the 3? Naah. “Anyone” is too broad a category. 

My no-longer-competing son wants to do a gym lift for a deadlift of 700 pounds. Do I think he will do that? Absolutely. He is definitely not “anyone”. And, at 42, he has remaining mileage. 
I never mentioned his arms are practically as long as a Gibbon’s. That helps!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I have read on this forum before that “anyone can deadlift 500 pounds”. I disagree. The fact that you didn’t is PROOF that 500 pounds is a respectable lift. Just as I say “anyone can close the 2”, I will say “anyone can deadlift 400 pounds”. But 500? Naah. Certifying on the 3? Naah. “Anyone” is too broad a category. 

Pretty obvious that this means anyone can deadlift 450lbs

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Zach Ebel said:

505 lb DOH Deadlift, no straps, belt, etc

160 RGC at Canadian Nationals this year, not sure what brand. 

Super solid 😎

• Like 1