What’s your max deadlift?

AdriaanRobert96

So I am testing out a theory of mine here as usual😅

I got two questions:

1. What’s your max double over hand deadlift (or a close estimate)?

2. What’s your best gripper close? (not into grippers, skip this one).

I’ll go first, my max double over hand deadlift is 180kg for a 2rm.

My best gripper close is the #3.5 from a wide set.

Feel free to chime in🙂

• Like 2

1. 515lbs for strapless, beltless DOH

2. 200 RGC MMS

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

2. 200 RGC MMS

Impressive!

11 minutes ago, Cannon said:

300 deadlift. 
164 gripper. 

You deadlift regularly?

7 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

430 DOH (almost a decade ago)

173 CoC 3.5 or 175 HG350

Noice, same here😅 I haven’t deadlifted i  about 10 years.

38 minutes ago, Cannon said:

300 deadlift. 
164 gripper. 

365 deadlift

115 gripper

We are why gripper technique is so important, and why this doesn't have a great correlation 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

You deadlift regularly?

I deadlift never. I have only maxed maybe once and the 300 lift was actually on an axle at 145 bodyweight. 

• Like 4

I never deadlift but i pulled 405 when I was 16. I also didn't deadlift then, so I really hurt myself haha. 153 GHP7 is my best close.

• Like 4

Best DOH deadlift was 450 (best DL w/ straps 500)
Best MMS close was 150

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Cannon said:

I deadlift never. I have only maxed maybe once and the 300 lift was actually on an axle at 145 bodyweight. 

I see, last time I deadlifted was about 10 years ago😅

Used to be fun!

1 hour ago, DrBartlebee said:

I never deadlift but i pulled 405 when I was 16. I also didn't deadlift then, so I really hurt myself haha. 153 GHP7 is my best close.

Jeez, not bad.. I got it first time at 18 tbh.

Max DO no hook Deadlift: 315. This max is all my body can handle lol, but my hands could handle a little more. not sure how much.

Max gripper close: 118 mms.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Charles Jones said:

Max DO no hook Deadlift: 315. This max is all my body can handle lol, but my hands could handle a little more. not sure how much.

Max gripper close: 118 mms.

Dang, super solid form aswell!

Love how you casually deadlift in the living room/ kitchen😂

• Thanks 1

Max DOH Axle in comp: 308 (max deadlift ever by any grip in training 315)

Max 20mm block gripper close: 165

But if you are trying to compare thick bar strength to crush, you would have to eliminate the variable of body strength.  I can rack pull 450 DOH on an oly bar if it is high enough to start, and I can hold 350 on an axle for long enough to put it down under control if someone helps me lift it in the first place -- I just can't budge more than about 315 off the floor no matter how I hold it.  So 315 isn't the most I can hold onto -- I can easily stand there for 10 seconds holding that DOH on an axle, if I am having a good enough day to stand up with it in the first place.  If you wanted to compare my thick bar holding strength to gripper close, you'd have to test me for what my hands can hold, not what my body can lift, which is a whole different animal.  My hands are strong for my size and age, but my core is not.

• Like 5

Just now, Vinnie said:

But if you are trying to compare thick bar strength to crush, you would have to eliminate the variable of body strength.  I can rack pull 450 DOH on an oly bar if it is high enough to start, and I can hold 350 on an axle for long enough to put it down under control if someone helps me lift it in the first place -- I just can't budge more than about 315 off the floor no matter how I hold it.  So 315 isn't the most I can hold onto -- I can easily stand there for 10 seconds holding that DOH on an axle, if I am having a good enough day to stand up with it in the first place.  If you wanted to compare my thick bar holding strength to gripper close, you'd have to test me for what my hands can hold, not what my body can lift, which is a whole different animal.  My hands are strong for my size and age, but my core is not.

And I am 54, with a bad back (back surgery at age 38), and I don't train deadlift or want to, so it isn't likely to go up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

2. 200 RGC MMS

Will be watching for you to join the 500 club on axle ... with the way your crush has improved so fast and your deadlift being over 500, I imagine it is only a matter of time and training focus.  I hear that it is hard to pursue both gripper and thick bar maxes at once (and I haven't tried it since I am not that interested in thick bar).

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Will be watching for you to join the 500 club on axle ... with the way your crush has improved so fast and your deadlift being over 500, I imagine it is only a matter of time and training focus.  I hear that it is hard to pursue both gripper and thick bar maxes at once (and I haven't tried it since I am not that interested in thick bar).

Yeah, it is basically impossible for me to progress on thickbar and grippers simultaneously.

500lb axle is on my list, though. :)

• Like 4

355 lb mixed grip

315 Double overhand

126 lbs rgc

• Like 3

Best Lifts

Double Overhand (Sumo) - 338lb - October 23, 2020 (Training Lift)

Double Overhand (Sumo) with Chains - 407.9lb - February 12, 2021 (Training Lift)

Trap Bar with Wagon Wheels - 515lb - November 22, 2020 (Training Lift)

2" Apollons Axle - 286.6lb - May 20, 2023 (Maryland's Strongest Hands)

2 3/8" Andrew's Axle - 258.8lb - September 9, 2023 (Heavy Hands)

Best Closes

Parallel Set - Silarukov 100 (RGC 117) - One Rep - July 17, 2023 (Training Close)

Credit Card Set - IronMind Captains of Crush #2 (RGC 108) - Three Reps - July 17, 2023 (Training Closes)

Silver Bullet - 4.56 seconds with an IronMind Captains of Crush #2 - May 20, 2023 (Maryland's Strongest Hands)

• Like 5

550 lbs @ body weight 285. No raps, belt or straps just raw

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Interesting, also funny you mention core because I know the feeling of crumbling under the weight😂

Nonetheless impressive👍🏼

• Like 1