3 hours ago, LABZSTS said:

355 lb mixed grip

315 Double overhand

126 lbs rgc

Solid!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

Best Lifts

Double Overhand (Sumo) - 338lb - October 23, 2020 (Training Lift)

Double Overhand (Sumo) with Chains - 407.9lb - February 12, 2021 (Training Lift)

Trap Bar with Wagon Wheels - 515lb - November 22, 2020 (Training Lift)

2" Apollons Axle - 286.6lb - May 20, 2023 (Maryland's Strongest Hands)

2 3/8" Andrew's Axle - 258.8lb - September 9, 2023 (Heavy Hands)

Best Closes

Parallel Set - Silarukov 100 (RGC 117) - One Rep - July 17, 2023 (Training Close)

Credit Card Set - IronMind Captains of Crush #2 (RGC 108) - Three Reps - July 17, 2023 (Training Closes)

Silver Bullet - 4.56 seconds with an IronMind Captains of Crush #2 - May 20, 2023 (Maryland's Strongest Hands)

I envy you having access to Apollons Axle😅, what do you weigh in at?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

550 lbs @ body weight 285. No raps, belt or straps just raw

Jeez😎

19 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

I envy you having access to Apollons Axle😅, what do you weigh in at?

I think I weighed in at 261lb for both Heavy Hands and Maryland's Strongest Hands.  Barely in the 120KG weight class...😬

Apollons Axle access was solely due to @ZRMMA and @Ben Helms hosting Heavy Hands.  I have them to thank for introducing it to me.

Unfortunately I have to wait until their next contest to lift on one again.  I missed my opportunity to buy one before the FBBC store closed🥺

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Douglas Carney said:

I think I weighed in at 261lb for both Heavy Hands and Maryland's Strongest Hands.  Barely in the 120KG weight class...😬

Apollons Axle access was solely due to @ZRMMA and @Ben Helms hosting Heavy Hands.  I have them to thank for introducing it to me.

Unfortunately I have to wait until their next contest to lift on one again.  I missed my opportunity to buy one before the FBBC store closed🥺

Apollon's Axle is Ironminds Axle and 2" 

We used Andrew's Axle by FBBC (2 3/8")

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Apollon's Axle is Ironminds Axle and 2" 

We used Andrew's Axle by FBBC (2 3/8")

Sorry for my confusion.  I read that too quickly.  Apollon's Axle was John Foebler's at Maryland's Strongest Hands.

• Like 2

In 1969 at the age of 20 or 21  I dead lifted 495# on a regular Olympic bar - I have always lifted DO but with a hook grip in competition.  This was in a competition in Danang Vietnam while serving in the Seabees there - bodyweight at the time was around 175#.  At around 74 or so I lost my ability to dead lift double bodyweight on an Oly bar (bodyweight of around 200# or so).  My best competition axle was 356# - done somewhere in my 60s at one of the Gripmas Carols.  Best training IM axle was 375 or 380#.  Current Axle is somewhere around 300? - just a guess really.  Best Gripper close in a competition was 156# (block set) - best training gripper was 150#.   Current gripper is unknown - maybe a COC 2.5 - maybe not.

• Like 5

I never attempted a Deadlift over 300 until I was 51 years old. My best was 373 at around 58.

I never touched a CofC Gripper until Age 44. My best RGC gripper close was around Age 59 with 158, a set of 1 1/2 plus inches.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, climber511 said:

In 1969 at the age of 20 or 21  I dead lifted 495# on a regular Olympic bar - I have always lifted DO but with a hook grip in competition.  This was in a competition in Danang Vietnam while serving in the Seabees there - bodyweight at the time was around 175#.  At around 74 or so I lost my ability to dead lift double bodyweight on an Oly bar (bodyweight of around 200# or so).  My best competition axle was 356# - done somewhere in my 60s at one of the Gripmas Carols.  Best training IM axle was 375 or 380#.  Current Axle is somewhere around 300? - just a guess really.  Best Gripper close in a competition was 156# (block set) - best training gripper was 150#.   Current gripper is unknown - maybe a COC 2.5 - maybe not.

Wow man this is super impressive, also you went up in weight you said from 175-200?

Is that what you weigh now?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hubgeezer said:

I never attempted a Deadlift over 300 until I was 51 years old. My best was 373 at around 58.

I never touched a CofC Gripper until Age 44. My best RGC gripper close was around Age 59 with 158, a set of 1 1/2 plus inches.

Almost a 160 rgc🫡, if I am still as strong at that age I aged well then😂

12 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Wow man this is super impressive, also you went up in weight you said from 175-200?

Is that what you weigh now?

Thank You.  In a period of over 50 years (from 1969 to 2023) I gained from 175ish to 200ish pounds.  I weighed 194.6# this morning - after three 10 day climbing trips in the last 6-7 weeks or so.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, climber511 said:

Current Axle is somewhere around 300?

You're having axle at your comp right?  If I were a betting man, I'd bet you top 300 on axle, and also that you beat me.  My comp and all-time PR was 308 two years ago at age 52.  I'm not training it and never will (I've had back surgery and I am mostly into the arm and hand events, not body strength ones).  So I figure at 175-180 body weight, cracking 300 on IM axle is enough to not be a joke.  Hopefully I can hit 300 in January.  Maybe I will work a little on legs and core before then just to give myself a shot.  My grip is fine for anything my body can lift on axle.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

You're having axle at your comp right?  If I were a betting man, I'd bet you top 300 on axle, and also that you beat me.  My comp and all-time PR was 308 two years ago at age 52.  I'm not training it and never will (I've had back surgery and I am mostly into the arm and hand events, not body strength ones).  So I figure at 175-180 body weight, cracking 300 on IM axle is enough to not be a joke.  Hopefully I can hit 300 in January.  Maybe I will work a little on legs and core before then just to give myself a shot.  My grip is fine for anything my body can lift on axle.

Yes - Iron Mind Axle Dead Lift will be the 3rd event.  I'm certainly hoping to go over 300# on it if my back holds up - I've had some problems lately - we shall see.  I just today put the Sledge Lever setup in the rack.  I gave it a go - it seems a lot heavier than I remember - LOL.  I have 3 months to actually train up for this contest (so do you all hehe).  I have some goal numbers in place but I'm a long way from them right now.  Climbing training doesn't do much for these events.  The good news is my knee is doing a lot better.  Can you train your axle grip with rack pulls - much of my Axle training will be done that way to spare my back?  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Can you train your axle grip with rack pulls

I am sure that would be a great way to train axle grip, but in my case, I don't need to train my axle grip because I already can't deadlift as much as I can hold.  Any weight I can physically stand up with while it is in my hands, I can hold there locked out for ten seconds easily and gingerly put it down.  It's just that I can't budge much more than 300 off the ground even with straps on an oly bar (or maybe not even 300 now, since I haven't done a deadlift at all for a couple years).  It's my body strength that fails.  So the thing I would need to train is my legs and core, so I can stand up with more.  Unless I make huge gains there, I won't need to work on the grip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Almost a 160 rgc🫡, if I am still as strong at that age I aged well then😂

Between the age of 44 and 54, I more than doubled my RGC. I did not start with much, but improved rapidly.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

I am sure that would be a great way to train axle grip, but in my case, I don't need to train my axle grip because I already can't deadlift as much as I can hold.  Any weight I can physically stand up with while it is in my hands, I can hold there locked out for ten seconds easily and gingerly put it down.  It's just that I can't budge much more than 300 off the ground even with straps on an oly bar (or maybe not even 300 now, since I haven't done a deadlift at all for a couple years).  It's my body strength that fails.  So the thing I would need to train is my legs and core, so I can stand up with more.  Unless I make huge gains there, I won't need to work on the grip.

I know I'm weak off the floor right now...so I don't think grip is currently my limiting factor.

I may test this theory with my wagon wheels and Arm Assassin bar just to see what the difference is in pounds.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, climber511 said:

Thank You.  In a period of over 50 years (from 1969 to 2023) I gained from 175ish to 200ish pounds.  I weighed 194.6# this morning - after three 10 day climbing trips in the last 6-7 weeks or so.

Solid😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hubgeezer said:

Between the age of 44 and 54, I more than doubled my RGC. I did not start with much, but improved rapidly.

Well now standing at almost 160 is by my standards top notch😎

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Well now standing at almost 160 is by my standards top notch😎

Right now, I am 130 on  good day. Getting old sucks.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Hubgeezer said:

Right now, I am 130 on  good day. Getting old sucks.

It’s how you get there not if you get there because in the end we all get old, you should be proud😎

Might not mean much but you have my outmost respect👌🏼

DOH DL - 210kg/ 462lbs 

Mix grip - 530lbs

Gripper 170 mms/close

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I know I'm weak off the floor right now...so I don't think grip is currently my limiting factor.

I may test this theory with my wagon wheels and Arm Assassin bar just to see what the difference is in pounds.

Results were inconclusive.  Yes I lifted more with the wagon wheels.  But I made too big a jump and don't feel like I was able to hit a true max tonight.

• Like 1

Doh Deadlift 170/375lbs at 176lbs BW

Mixed grip 200kg/440lb at 180lbs BW

Grippers GHP 5 RGC 113lbs X 4 reps.

I've only just started training grippers again, This will soon change. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stranger said:

DOH DL - 210kg/ 462lbs 

Mix grip - 530lbs

Gripper 170 mms/close

In conclusion . . . 

Spoiler

an animal 🦍 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, mcalpine1986 said:

Doh Deadlift 170/375lbs at 176lbs BW

Mixed grip 200kg/440lb at 180lbs BW

Grippers GHP 5 RGC 113lbs X 4 reps.

I've only just started training grippers again, This will soon change. 

Not bad my man, that’a exactly the weight I was at when I first pulled my 180kg for 2, about a decade ago😆

I never believed I’d ever go above 225 in weight😂

• Like 1