Carl Myerscough Makes History and Certifies on the Captains of Crush #4 Gripper

josé adalton

2 hours ago, Abrikos337 said:

Wow, that is very interesting info! I've heard that average #4 are 220 rgc out of package and 212-215 after seasoning.

Always felt a gripper was easier right out of the package and seemed harder as I used it.

With captains of crush its possibly because of chalk built up in the handles, I notice that modern CoCs have vastly smoother knurling and get caked in chalk alot easier

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Carl Myerscough said:

For those that may be interested I got the rating back from Cannon PowerWorks on my cert gripper. 215rgc. Matt said that they measured it straight out of my packaging at 216 with a 3.040" spread and then after there usual process of oiling and closing it 30 times it was stable at 215 with a 2.958" spread. 

It's terrific that you went to the trouble of posting these details.

I'm sure they'll be referenced countless times in years to come AND extinguish possibility of the skepticism that haunts such truly world class feats.

• Like 2

Just think, Carl…Richard Sorin was offering $1000 to the first person to certify with the no.4 with the CCS years ago. Of course it was a limited time but was generous of him. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, slazbob said:

Just think, Carl…Richard Sorin was offering $1000 to the first person to certify with the no.4 with the CCS years ago. Of course it was a limited time but was generous of him. 

Haha, I knew I was never making any money out of this. Nobody that is concerned with making money is going to be chasing a #4 cert. If you'd offered me a million dollars, I could not have trained any harder or wanted it anymore than what I did. 

Edited by Carl Myerscough
Spelling
  • Like 22

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2023 at 10:57 AM, Carl Myerscough said:

If you'd offered me a million dollars, I could not have trained any harder or wanted it anymore than what I did.

Well said.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Carl.  When you’re the first person to do something, there will always be a subset of people that will downplay your accomplishment.

Just skimmed through the comments and saw some people posting multiple comments trying to discount his close.

We saw it with Joe Kinney and all the online sleuths with their conspiracies.  We’re going to see it again with Carl.

If you think you can do a better job with recording or holding the gripper shut longer, then post a video of yourself CCS’ing a #4 for everyone to critique.

• Like 5