How big are your hands?

AdriaanRobert96

35 minutes ago, Gripperer said:

And then you get fat guys who have tiny hands!

I feel targeted

• Haha 4

To borrow a quote from the late Louie Simmons, "big ain’t strong, strong is strong"  (https://www.westside-barbell.com/blogs/the-blog/why)

Yes...I have an advantage on a larger implement if I can get my thumb on it/around it but someone else can't.

But...I also need to put in the work and not totally rely on being big.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gripperer said:

I think the idea is that in general people with a bigger bone structure will be able to carry more weight, so heavier = likelihood of bigger bone structure = more muscle/strength potential. 

There are of course a lot of other factors. You get guys out there who are really lean with average overall bone structures except they have thick wrists and big hands.

And then you get fat guys who have tiny hands! 

this is why i love the gripboard.. If i try talking about this stuff with family or friends they think i'm crazy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

this is why i love the gripboard.. If i try talking about this stuff with family or friends they think i'm crazy.  

Sadly that’s the case in general :( , personally I’ve gotten my cousins, my brother, little sisters and even my mom into grip stuff😂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

To borrow a quote from the late Louie Simmons, "big ain’t strong, strong is strong"  (https://www.westside-barbell.com/blogs/the-blog/why)

Yes...I have an advantage on a larger implement if I can get my thumb on it/around it but someone else can't.

But...I also need to put in the work and not totally rely on being big.

Rest in Peace Legend❤️

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Sadly that’s the case in general :( , personally I’ve gotten my cousins, my brother, little sisters and even my mom into grip stuff😂

My family thinks i'm too intense and crazy... But they are intrigued, especially my cousin in the Marines. He's the only one to bend a 60d on their first try in my family, he said the Marines should put nail bending in their fitness test.   🤣   Maybe deploying 50,000 nail bending Jarheads might scare China.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20230413_130621.thumb.jpg.415ba26dd72aaca8ddd408afcf1bf8f8.jpg7 and 7/8" length for both hands. 

10 and 1/4" span for both hands. 

5'9", 242lbs. 

My span is actually 10 and 3/8" if I use my ring finger vs my pinky. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mashmonster268 said:

20230413_130621.thumb.jpg.415ba26dd72aaca8ddd408afcf1bf8f8.jpg7 and 7/8" length for both hands. 

10 and 1/4" span for both hands. 

5'9", 242lbs. 

My span is actually 10 and 3/8" if I use my ring finger vs my pinky. 

Gorilla hands😤🦍

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know how to some people measure their hand span? Do you guys stretch your hands? Because they have around the same hand size as me in length. 7.6" right hand and 7.85" left. And yes I have a bigger thumb on my right hand which give me less surface to hold in a thick bar. I always used to think I have like 9.25" span but when I was stretching my hands I get around 10.2 inches or so. Over 10 for sure. That is from thumb to pinkie. From thumb to ring finger is more like 0.25".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

... I always used to think I have like 9.25" span but when I was stretching my hands I get around 10.2 inches or so. Over 10 for sure. That is from thumb to pinkie. From thumb to ring finger is more like 0.25".

Never measured that before so I just broke out the tape measure.

Right is 10" on the dot.  But left is 9.5" because I can't get my pinkie as straight across from my thumb.

The odd thing is, I have better luck with face picks using my left hand which appears to have less span.

• Like 1

My whole left hand side is a smidge bigger than my right which is common in right handed people. 

Left hand 

Width - 7.7/8" 

Width - 9.5"

Left wrist 6.7/8"

Left Forearm 14.25" (gooseneck style)

Bicep 16"

Right hand  

Length - 7.75"

width - 9.25"

right wrist 6.75"

Right Bicep 15.5"

Right Forearm 14" (gooseneck style)

Height - 5ft 8.5in/174cm tall

My weight varies from 158-180lbs but im currently 173lbs/78.5kg

My fingers are average length but I have pretty big palms and thick thumbs.

IMG_20230501_164657.jpg

IMG_20230501_165636.jpg

IMG_20230502_082032.jpg

IMG_20230502_083756.jpg

IMG_20230216_083219.jpg

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 4

So with all these measurements, does anyone know who has the smallest hands that has lifted the Inch dumbbell?

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 2:32 AM, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Yeah that 5x bw is out of this world😈

Great lift.  The guy's name is actually Lamar Gant.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, domedude said:

So with all these measurements, does anyone know who has the smallest hands that has lifted the Inch dumbbell?

I don’t know if he’s the one with the smallest to do it, but I measured Yves Gravelle’s hands a couple of days ago. 7 1/4” long with a span of 8 1/4”.

• Like 4

Yves Gravelle has the smallest hands for an Inch DB lockout -both hands! For Non- Lockout Inch DB lift (Iam very proud of that lift on 176.9 LB Inch DB) my hands were 7 3/8" and span 8 1/8" - with gap of 1 3/4" which is crazy. Few others have done it with sub 7.5" but hand span is more important, IMO. 

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, domedude said:

Glad to know my 8.25/9.25" should be enough.  If only I weren't so old :)

If your strong and healthy go and get at it. Its only a number.  

53 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Yves Gravelle has the smallest hands for an Inch DB lockout. My hands for a Non- Lockout Inch DB lift are 7 3/8" and span 8 1/8" - with gap of 1 3/4" which is crazy. Few others have done it with sub 7.5" but hand span is more important, IMO

My hands are roughly 7 5/8" long and 8 5/8" span.. I'll get it but i have my work cut out for me. 

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing anyways.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, domedude said:

Oh wow, that’s actually a great question and I’d like to know aswell👌🏼

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 04/04/2023 at 21:36, Nuttgens said:

6' de hauteur

Longueur de la main 7 7/8”

envergure de la main 9 5/8”

9.5 wingspan is precisely the difference of 9 inches between me.. the .5 inch makes the difference in or facilitates certain lifting because we have the same hand size. sometimes it comes down to a detail

I’m 6’2 with 7in hands from palm to middle finger. Wingspan is just about 6’2 as well

1 hour ago, TrenGrip said:

7in hands from palm to middle finger

Are you sure you're measuring it correctly? First crease under the palm to the tip of the middle finger.

Based on your height and gripper strength, I would've thought you have about 8" hands

1 hour ago, matek said:

Are you sure you're measuring it correctly? First crease under the palm to the tip of the middle finger.

Based on your height and gripper strength, I would've thought you have about 8" hands

Haha I am measuring correctly. This is a rough pic but gets the point across lol

IMG_5192.jpeg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jortsa7 said:

Just a hair over 9 inches

And that is brutal, that's Mark Felix tier 
I ask the same question I asked from Tren, are you measuring it correctly? 😄