How big are your hands?

AdriaanRobert96

So quick and to the point, how big are your hands?

By how big I am referring mostly to how long/tall or whatever you want to call it.

Measured mine today and came in at exactly 22cm/8.66 inches.

Let’s add span aswell since a lot of you brings it up, mine’s 26cm/10 inches and some..

Let me know yours🤙🏼

Edited by AdriaanRobert96
  • Like 2

7.5in, 19cm length.   7.75in, 19.7cm span.

5ft 9in, 175cm tall    178 pounds

Edited by Charles Jones
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Charles Jones said:

7.5in, 19cm

At what height :) ? 

Hands 23cm at 2m, Probably pretty proportional

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

At what height :) ? 

i'm 5ft 9in, 175cm. and around 178 pounds.

• Like 1

I think one measurement doesn't really tell the full story of your hand size. I think length in particular is the least useful where I feel span might be a better indicator of thickbar advantage or longer fingers in particular.  

All the measurements are in my signature. I don't hold to much weight on hand size as I have seen plenty of top grip guys with sub 8 inch hands.(Lucas Raymond/Adam glass/Ivan Beritashvili/Richard Sorin etc)  I think where it really limits people though is certain feats with extra wide pinch or TNS closes.

That said I do still think it's interesting and many top grip guys have had large hands and no doubt it probably helps with certain feats. 

Your hands are quite large longer then Carl Myerscough who is 6'10. Have you tested yourself on any thickbar? 

• Like 3

Mine are about 7.5, and I am 5'6, 178 pounds.  But I am not sure if my measurement is accurate.  It can't be too much off, though.

• Like 2

6' 2" tall 

Hand length - 7 5/8" 

Span - 9 1/4"

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Hands 23cm at 2m, Probably pretty proportional

Damn, massive man😂

I am disproportional af, 22cm at 183cm😫

55 minutes ago, Charles Jones said:

i'm 5ft 9in, 175cm. and around 178 pounds.

Seems legit😎

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, climber511 said:

6' 2" tall 

Hand length - 7 5/8" 

Span - 9 1/4"

Jesus, lot’s of beast here😂

Just measures my span now and I come in at 10 inches/ 26cm and some😈

Mine are 7.25", my height starts with a 6 (68"), I'm on average 185 lbs. I'm above average with grippers which is what I have always focused on most, and average at all the other static lifts that I don't really regularly train (I will probably never upload a saxon bar video here lol).

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Stephen Ruby said:

I think one measurement doesn't really tell the full story of your hand size. I think length in particular is the least useful where I feel span might be a better indicator of thickbar advantage or longer fingers in particular.  

All the measurements are in my signature. I don't hold to much weight on hand size as I have seen plenty of top grip guys with sub 8 inch hands.(Lucas Raymond/Adam glass/Ivan Beritashvili/Richard Sorin etc)  I think where it really limits people though is certain feats with extra wide pinch or TNS closes.

That said I do still think it's interesting and many top grip guys have had large hands and no doubt it probably helps with certain feats. 

Your hands are quite large longer then Carl Myerscough who is 6'10. Have you tested yourself on any thickbar? 

I totally agree on this one!

Span is very important and a decent indicator as you stated.

This was just a fun post to make, very interesting to see what kind of beasts we got here on the board😅

I’ve done some thick bar before, more like a fat gripz extreme but never really gave it too much time and importance since I am so focused on grippers.

With that said, my goal is to get that #4 and then move on to fat bar work and see.

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Mine are 7.25", my height starts with a 6 (68"), I'm on average 185 lbs. I'm above average with grippers which is what I have always focused on most, and average at all the other static lifts that I don't really regularly train (I will probably never upload a saxon bar video here lol).

Sounds like me, above average at grippers but mediocre at everything else.. pinch maybe is aight.. but pretty much like you😅

Will get into fat bar after grippers.

8.5" length

10.25" span

6' tall

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

8.5" length

10.25" span

6' tall

Damn, I guess we pretty much bros😂😎

If I am not mistaken you’ve got a sick fat bar/ rolling thunder lift aswell.

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

Not sure I measure 100% correctly but around 21.5 cm/8.4" length and 25.4 cm/10" span, probably slightly less on both. Just over 6 feet tall.

EDIT: I'd say the palm is the "big" part of my hands, my fingers are not that long, at least not optimal for doing CCS for example.

Edited by Anemptybox
  • Like 2

20cm length, 22cm span, 191cm tall. Possibly also the worlds smallest thumb in relation to my height (5.5cm).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anemptybox said:

Not sure I measure 100% correctly but around 21.5 cm/8.4" length and 25.4 cm/10" span, probably slightly less on both. Just over 6 feet tall.

EDIT: I'd say the palm is the "big" part of my hands, my fingers are not that long, at least not optimal for doing CCS for example.

I’d say you should do pretty good with CCS with that size.. CCS is harders anyways in general I’d say.

You good fam😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

20cm length, 22cm span, 191cm tall. Possibly also the worlds smallest thumb in relation to my height (5.5cm).

Yeah I’d say the thumb plays big part in span, aswell as the pinky..

Not sure about my pinky but it’s really long compared to other people..

It measures in at: 7cm/2.8 inches and some measured from the top to the first line on the palm side..

1 hour ago, Anemptybox said:

That's the same problem I have, 12 cm palm 8cm middle finger 😬

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Damn, I guess we pretty much bros😂😎

If I am not mistaken you’ve got a sick fat bar/ rolling thunder lift aswell.

Yeah, I'm pretty good at all aspects of grip.  I just need another year of consistent training to be at the top/pro levels.  My max on RT is around 205lbs right now.  There is still a lot of work to do.  I'm closing in on a 400lb DOH axle.  I can probably do it, but I haven't been recovered enough or able to try due to training for other specific comps.  It is an event at some comps I am doing later this year, so I will get to it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

That's the same problem I have, 12 cm palm 8cm middle finger 😬

I totally see what you’re saying, but I just want to say.. don’t let it hold you back, I am sure you got a lot of potential anyways😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Yeah, I'm pretty good at all aspects of grip.  I just need another year of consistent training to be at the top/pro levels.  My max on RT is around 205lbs right now.  There is still a lot of work to do.  I'm closing in on a 400lb DOH axle.  I can probably do it, but I haven't been recovered enough or able to try due to training for other specific comps.  It is an event at some comps I am doing later this year, so I will get to it.

Hopefully I get to that lvl at some point😈Especially the RT!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Hopefully I get to that lvl at some point😈Especially the RT!

Its hard to do while training grippers, so be prepared for some frustrating training 

Edited by dubyagrip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1