CoC #3 certification journey

EmilBB

8 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

That's it, crazy transformation. How long is there between those pics? Also what do you attribute the size gain to?

~2 years between those photos. About 20lbs in bodyweight difference. 

In the before pic I never did manual labor, and I never did any kind of gripsport, or bending.

I think DREAMING of bigger hands had the largest effect. Meditation can change the shape of your brain, so who knows what else you can do to your body with the power of THE MINDSET. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EmilBB said:

That's it, crazy transformation. How long is there between those pics? Also what do you attribute the size gain to?

I second that, that's insane man. Your hand now looks shorter as it's gained so much thickness. 

Edited by mcalpine1986
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Getting quite the collection, still room for more though 🙃

IMG_20230914_174711.jpg

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Oh my :ohmy 

:wub:

I now have more standard grippers than any other brand, they're simply the best 🤠

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, josé adalton said:

What does the little "e" in a few tags?

It's some grippers I rated myself but I bought tags for them from CPW. It's short for ''estimate'' since he didn't rate them himself.

• Like 1

That’s a fantastic gripper collection 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 4:21 PM, EmilBB said:

It's some grippers I rated myself but I bought tags for them from CPW. It's short for ''estimate'' since he didn't rate them himself.

Haha i though it was for “emil.” Either way serves the same purpose. :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Cannon said:

Haha i though it was for “emil.” Either way serves the same purpose. :) 

Works for both, which is perfect 😁

• 1 month later...

Bit of a crazy squat & gripper workout yesterday, gonna post it here so I can look back and remember it. 

I was mid workout (just finished squats) when I was told that our local hunter had shot a red deer weighing 200+kg, he needed help with getting it back to the farm. I thought that sounds easy enough, shouldn't take long. I was so wrong.. The field is super muddy at the moment, so getting down there with a tractor or loader would be impossible. Which then meant that we had to drag it about 100m/330ft, which doesn't sound too bad but a couple of things can actually make it pretty rough... Like pulling it uphill while sinking to your lower shin every step, right after you have finished squats.. We got it done though, took about an hour total to finish everything. I then went back and did my last gripper sets, I ended up getting more reps than usual. Maybe I should make heavy red deer dragging one of my exercises before every gripper workout 🤔

• Like 7

• 2 months later...

• Like 3

I was able to get my hands on a GHP 6 (thanks to @mcalpine1986), I will use it to train for the #3 cert. Trying to get 8 wide set reps with it now, then I'll transition to CCS and build up to get 6-7 reps before testing my CCS max again.

• Like 7

I'm not worried, you have big hands and very strong thumbs to repel the force of the pliers and the hold ;; keep up the good work

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EmilBB said:

I was able to get my hands on a GHP 6 (thanks to @mcalpine1986), I will use it to train for the #3 cert. Trying to get 8 wide set reps with it now, then I'll transition to CCS and build up to get 6-7 reps before testing my CCS max again.

Thank you too for the GHP 7.

That sounds like a good plan, like we have said before. Training on GHP's makes COC's feel easy. 

• Like 1

I've been doing 6-8 wide reps on my main sets for 2½ months now, so I decided to test my CCS AMRAP with the GHP 6 today. I'm happy with 5 reps, so I'm gonna try to go a bit heavier on CCS the next 3-4 weeks.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

I've been doing 6-8 wide reps on my main sets for 2½ months now, so I decided to test my CCS AMRAP with the GHP 6 today. I'm happy with 5 reps, so I'm gonna try to go a bit heavier on CCS the next 3-4 weeks.

Killer. 

I know that when I start knocking out higher grippers I'm eventually going to have to transition to CCS if I ever hope to cert on the 3.  I dread those days haha. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Killer. 

I know that when I start knocking out higher grippers I'm eventually going to have to transition to CCS if I ever hope to cert on the 3.  I dread those days haha. 

It takes a lot of practice to get comfortable with CCS, especially if you don't have a huge hand. I'm at a point now where it actually feels "good", so the 2½ months I dedicated to wide sets has definitely paid off. Although I would still rather just do MMS lol

• Like 3

Strong closes. You’ll have that cert soon enough.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I finally found a 20kg deep dish plate to do hub lifts! I was able to do a hub lift on my first attempt, which I'm really happy about. However my goal is to do a plate curl by the hub, which is gonna require some serious training but it's gonna be fun.

Here's a video of my first lift, if anyone is interested: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4GMbmfrZRI/

• Like 6