CoC #3 certification journey

EmilBB

I am still fairly new, so my progress is still pretty fast. However this was my best gripper session by a mile, best before was 1½ closes with the number 3 in one session. Today I got what I wanna call 4½-5 closes. I got too cocky in fourth set though, trying to get 2 reps in one set. Should've saved the energy for the two last sets instead, oh well. I'll leave a link to a youtube video of this session, if anyone has an interest in watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8VOlRPFmbc

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 8

Nice workout grippers are very addicting. Once you start you can’t stop. It’s not a bad thing though.

cool car in the background

• Like 1

They're definitely very addicting, I have to hold myself back so I don't end up overtraining. Goal is becoming the first from Denmark to get certified, so it's hard to hold back when I don't know if someone else is training for the same goal.😅

• Like 3

You will get in no time 

• Like 1

Definitely hope so, just need to get comfortable closing it with a CCS.

On 10/19/2022 at 8:32 PM, John Knowlton said:

Are you using chalk

I guess I missed this comment but yes I do use chalk. Maybe not enough?

• Like 1

CCS session today, 3 attemps with the CoC #3. I think I got it the first two sets, definitely not on the third set though. Had some pain so I cut the session short, still happy with the result though. I'm getting closer to my goal.

Video of my session: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBzN2PZrW0Q

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Had a small break to get rid of some knuckle & wrist pain. Definitely did the trick because my hands felt great today, even after the session. I have to find a #3 with a rating of 155+, because I think my #3 is a low rated one.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3uS-A_c-jg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Did this goldengrip challenge about a week ago, which is really worth it if you're in europe and able to CCS close a #3 or something of similar strength. You get the gripper refunded and 30% discount on your next order. So I ended up getting the RGT (clone?), a pinch block and the lvl 6 gripper for a total of 77 euro.

The gripper is nothing special it's a chinese spring gripper, however the pinch block has a good texture & the RGT clone is really well built and spins much better than the rolling handle I have from strengthshop. Very much recommend trying the challenge, if you need anything from their shop and want it cheaper.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Did this armlifting greece challenge/cert, first time I TNS in a long time. The block reps portion is more up my alley, I wanna improve on that later on.

I seem to be doing all these challenges here in europe instead of going for the #3 cert, I'll go all in on training for the #3 cert now though.

• Like 6

nice work 

that was easy for you .

you should not have a problem with the # 3

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EmilBB said:

Did this armlifting greece challenge/cert, first time I TNS in a long time. The block reps portion is more up my alley, I wanna improve on that later on.

I seem to be doing all these challenges here in europe instead of going for the #3 cert, I'll go all in on training for the #3 cert now though.

Congrats dude!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good workout today, gonna do the GHP 7 cert next monday.

• Like 6

NICE WORK, KILLER GRIP

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mashmonster268 said:

@EmilBBNice wide set work!  That TNS work will serve you well on the #3 cert.  

For sure, I plan on training it more. I'm not gonna dedicate a whole workout to it but I'm definitely gonna include it in my workouts at least once a week.

• Like 1

For CCS work, TNS is a requirement in my opinion.  If you can start doing TNS on GHP grippers, that will help even more since they are so wide.

Keep it up man

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

For CCS work, TNS is a requirement in my opinion.  If you can start doing TNS on GHP grippers, that will help even more since they are so wide.

Keep it up man

My hands aren't the biggest, so to TNS a GHP would be quite a challenge. I also only own the GHP 7 & 8 which is way beyond my TNS ability at the moment, however I plan on doing TNS work with my 2.5 and then go from there.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

My hands aren't the biggest, so to TNS a GHP would be quite a challenge. I also only own the GHP 7 & 8 which is way beyond my TNS ability at the moment, however I plan on doing TNS work with my 2.5 and then go from there.

ah yes, fair enough.  the #2.5 will serve you plenty well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EmilBB said:

For sure, I plan on training it more. I'm not gonna dedicate a whole workout to it but I'm definitely gonna include it in my workouts at least once a week.

You won't regret it.  It just makes the CCS close less stressful.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

Keep it up man

Totally agree!  I did quite a few workouts of only TNS closes (warmup through work singles) before certifying in 2005, and took the volume (of #3 closes) over 100+ singles on both hands.  At the cert, I had no doubt about being able to TNS it with both hands, which I did.  Back then (2005), you could use your own gripper.  My cert gripper was a 146lb #3.  I would have been fine on pretty much any #3 into the low 160lb range back then.  I was always glad I spent a bunch of time on TNS work though.    

Edited by Mashmonster268
  • Like 5