Bending COC#3 gripper in 15 sec challenge,can anyone do it ?

danny0914

Like a horseshoe bend? Sorry, I’m not downloading that pdf. 🦠

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seems like a stupid idea to me. Why destroy a perfectly fine training tool? Buy a horseshoe instead. You can use a gripper for decades for training. Plus high quality springs are not cheap and easy to find.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, danny0914 said:

Challenge your arm strength!

Prove you are a bending king!
  challenge rules.pdf  19.32 kB · 7 downloads  

Sorry, but nothing about this seems like a good idea.  Have you bent a CoC #3 gripper before?  Can't believe I'm actually typing that as a question.  At best with this, maybe get a forearm sprain.  At worst, a life-altering (including death) laceration.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Seems like a stupid idea to me. Why destroy a perfectly fine training tool? Buy a horseshoe instead. You can use a gripper for decades for training. Plus high quality springs are not cheap and easy to find.

so?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

Sorry, but nothing about this seems like a good idea.  Have you bent a CoC #3 gripper before?  Can't believe I'm actually typing that as a question.  At best with this, maybe get a forearm sprain.  At worst, a life-altering (including death) laceration.  

Yes,I have done it before

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds very dangerous.. This thread should be deleted.

What if someone new to bending but not grip, decides to try this on a trainer or something and ends up getting hurt!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

This sounds very dangerous.. This thread should be deleted.

What if someone new to bending but not grip, decides to try this on a trainer or something and ends up getting hurt!

We aren't a government here who tries to decide what people can and cannot do. Or to 'save' people from themselves.  Go on any social media for example and you'll find millions and millions of people doing stupid stuff for laughs, clicks, $$, attention, because they can, etc.  One person's danger is another's "challenge".  There is no rule broken here by posting a "challenge."  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I agree the thread should be deleted tho.

There are no GripBoard rules broken here by posting this challenge.  

8 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

I’m not trying to sound sarcastic or be a smart aleck but I was always under the impression the challenger needs to post a video for it to be considered a challenge.

I assumed this guy is a troll because he never backed up his challenge.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I’m not trying to sound sarcastic or be a smart aleck but I was always under the impression the challenger needs to post a video for it to be considered a challenge.

I assumed this guy is a troll because he never backed up his challenge.

There is no such thing or rule so to speak.  Also, trolls don't become Gripboard supporters by being a member of the contributor groups.

23 minutes ago, Wannagrip said:

I never said it was (although it can be argued one rule was broken).

But the thread is of such a low quality it belongs in the garbage bin.

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I never said it was (although it can be argued one rule was broken).

But the thread is of such a low quality it belongs in the garbage bin.

What amuses me about it is that it doesn't really mean anything that it is a COC 3 vs. an easier or harder gripper.  Why 3?  Bending it has nothing to do with closing it.  It's a cool grip feat for many to CLOSE a 3.  But grippers aren't rated for their difficulty to bend.  It's like saying "I lifted __ pounds on a loading pin using a GHP10 as the carabiner!"  You could also use a COC trainer for that.  It's like a non-sequitur.

But if he wants to do it, and it's a COC 3 or other gripper he bought, it doesn't hurt anyone else that he chooses to do it.  I'd just let him have his fun and maybe even be curious to see if he or anyone posts a vid of it (I tend to agree that without posting a vid of himself doing it, it very much smacks of bluster or troll, because why wouldn't he want to show a demo to pose the challenge?  But I just don't care if he or anyone can do this). 

I won't be bending, or trying to bend, any of my grippers though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

What amuses me about it is that it doesn't really mean anything that it is a COC 3 vs. an easier or harder gripper.  Why 3?  Bending it has nothing to do with closing it.  It's a cool grip feat for many to CLOSE a 3.  But grippers aren't rated for their difficulty to bend.  It's like saying "I lifted __ pounds on a loading pin using a GHP10 as the carabiner!"  You could also use a COC trainer for that.  It's like a non-sequitur.

But if he wants to do it, and it's a COC 3 or other gripper he bought, it doesn't hurt anyone else that he chooses to do it.  I'd just let him have his fun and maybe even be curious to see if he or anyone posts a vid of it (I tend to agree that without posting a vid of himself doing it, it very much smacks of bluster or troll, because why wouldn't he want to show a demo to pose the challenge?  But I just don't care if he or anyone can do this). 

I won't be bending, or trying to bend, any of my grippers though.

Well the spring diameter is larger on heavier grippers, so there's a difference in difficulty.

Smart choice not to try it. Don't do it. Bend a horseshoe instead if you want to try.

I think the thread should be locked until this has been demonstrated. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Didn’t Wiggy bend a no.4 ? Maybe not by hand tho…

he did it for some Kinney thread here or on Iron Mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slazbob said:

Didn’t Wiggy bend a no.4 ? Maybe not by hand tho…

he did it for some Kinney thread here or on Iron Mind.

Maybe its fine too. Maybe this guy can bend them. For anyone reading this in the future.... I hope they get the message don't do it, unless you are a very confident bender. 

As for dannyboy or whatever your name is.  Please post a video of you bending a Captain of Crush #3.... 

On 4/11/2022 at 1:24 AM, danny0914 said:

Example videos coming soon

You made this post last month. Please provide a video.

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Maybe its fine too. Maybe this guy can bend them. For anyone reading this in the future.... I hope they get the message don't do it, unless you are a very confident bender. 

As for dannyboy or whatever your name is.  Please post a video of you bending a Captain of Crush #3.... 

This ^

• Like 1

Why would anyone want to destroy a perfectly good, well made piece of strength training equipment under the guise of a "strength challenge"?  Seems pointless and potentially a bit dangerous to me.

Why are the PDF rules only 2 sentences - couldn't you have just posted them in the original post? 

Where is the video clip (using an actual gripper to demonstrate that the feat is possible)?

Please add me to the list of members who agree with the idea of deleting the thread.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 11:42 AM, gripmaniac said:

為什麼有人會打著“力量挑戰”的幌子毀掉一件完美的、製作精良的力量訓練器材?似乎毫無意義,對我來說可能有點危險。

為什麼 PDF 規則只有 2 個句子 - 您不能將它們發佈在原始帖子中嗎? 

視頻剪輯在哪裡(使用實際的抓手來證明這一壯舉是可能的)?

請將我添加到同意刪除線程的成員列表中。

Is it better to be a online manhunter?

Edited by danny0914
  • Like 1

Just now, danny0914 said:

I am back !

And I will let everyone know I can do this

And the video will upload today!

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:59 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

video will upload today!

• Like 2

@David_wigren wins this challenge because he is the only person that I know of who bent a COC#4 braced style as a joke. Other than that this "feat" (if can even call it that) should not be something that is challenged.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bruce1337 said:

@David_wigren wins this challenge because he is the only person that I know of who bent a COC#4 braced style as a joke. Other than that this "feat" (if can even call it that) should not be something that is challenged.

You'll shut up when my video uploads

• Like 1