Qianchen Yang- RGC 210 close!

Ryroza

13 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

So setting and crush are the exact same thing

No, what we are saying is that it does help. There could be an issue that Qianchen can close the 210 when setting it like in the video, but not if he doesn't set it with his leg.

What I don't get is questioning this as it relates to him because all he presented was the video. It sounds like someone else mentioned the Mash Monster certs, then yet another person mentioned bracing is not allowed for the MM certs. None of which has anything to do with Qianchen's video. He has nothing to prove. Maybe he can't close the 210 without a braced set, however he is also not saying he can. So there is no issue. Any kind of set is 100% acceptable in training.   

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

So setting and crush are the exact same thing

No but the one affects the other.

Also, just to make something very clear. I'm not taking anything away from anyone who uses their legs to set a gripper. I'm just stating facts. The better your set is the better chance you will have to close the gripper and a better chance for a good SB-hold.

4 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

So his legs crushed it lol

If you still feel that's the point being made, I think it's time to agree to disagree :) 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

So his legs crushed it lol

Stop crying like a little baby and maybe learn to read better?

I've trained grippers for eight years. I know what I'm talking about. I didn't come up with this to start an argument on gripboard. I'm simply stating facts. Everyone who knows anything about gripper training knows how important the set is.

• Haha 1

Okay, let's get back on track here. 

Qianchen made a great close in training!

If there is a still a need to debate the totally unrelated issue of legal sets, please take it to PM. 

8 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Okay, let's get back on track here. 

Qianchen made a great close in training!

If there is a still a need to debate the totally unrelated issue of legal sets, please take it to PM. 

Well, in training everything is legal. It seems tho it's very hard to state very simple facts. Was the same thing in another thread a few weeks ago. People think you're hating if you point something out. That's how sensitive people are today.

Qianchen is indeed crazy strong! I think he's one of the most interesting strength athletes I've seen. Doesn't look impressive physically but is a true grip monster. At least with grippers. I think it's quite fascinating that a guy like that can be so crazy strong.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 4:28 PM, Fist of Fury said:

Stop crying like a little baby and maybe learn to read better?

I've trained grippers for eight years. I know what I'm talking about. I didn't come up with this to start an argument on gripboard. I'm simply stating facts. Everyone who knows anything about gripper training knows how important the set is.

I respect you to brother. I was just simply meaning that his crush was legit even using legs to start off the set. Training or cert it's all about the hand at the last moments ✌ 

Edited by Ryroza