Qianchen Yang- RGC 210 close!

Ryroza

Im very curious what this guy would get on a hand dynamometer.

Edited by Nick K.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryroza said:

Yeah he's very strong man... I've seen him before 

• Like 1

Others here have mentioned this before but I wish their was more info on Qianchen's general training methods etc. Does he do any calisthenics? General barbell/dumbbell type of training? Does he do much grip assistance such as pinch or rolling handles? I get that maybe he doesn't want to spill the beans lol but it would be nice to get some insights. 

• Like 3

And I should have stated the close is incrediblely epic. Anything over +200 RGC is like heading towards the Mount Rushmore of Crush!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bigfoot Grip said:

And I should have stated the close is incrediblely epic. Anything over +200 RGC is like heading towards the Mount Rushmore of Crush!

Mount Crushmore 

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ryroza said:

Youtube Trolls didn't like his leg setting, his mini reps or his holds...well they can now eat their hearts out.

Wouldn't happen to be talking about me, I'm the one who commented "they more than likely wouldn't allow him to use that set" on one of your comments

1 hour ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Wouldn't happen to be talking about me, I'm the one who commented "they more than likely wouldn't allow him to use that set" on one of your comments

Nope, just about the regular ppl who don't crush at all yet bash him for it for no reason. I don't remember your comment from the past but it makes sense if your referring to mm cert bc I believe I seen somewhere that leg assist is not accepted. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Just saw your comment on youtube. My comment was made here before your comment was released on there. Are you trolling jk😜.

9 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

commented "they more than likely wouldn't allow him to use that set" on one of your comments

Who is the “they” in this context? Isn’t it just a training vid?  

25 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Who is the “they” in this context? Isn’t it just a training vid?  

The judges for the MM cert, The original comment i responded to said "they're probably ready for the MM10" or something along those lines

• Thanks 1

Yeah any leg assistance with closing grippers should never be allowed for competition or certification. It's not a leg exercise.

With that being said, this is insanely strong regardless!

48 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

The judges for the MM cert, The original comment i responded to said "they're probably ready for the MM10" or something along those lines

Gotcha

46 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yeah any leg assistance with closing grippers should never be allowed for competition or certification. It's not a leg exercise.

With that being said, this is insanely strong regardless!

Do legs actually close the gripper. It's crush not bench press

You can see in the video he's using his adductor muscles to push his hands closer together while on the handles

16 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

You can see in the video he's using his adductor muscles to push his hands closer together while on the handles

Believe it or not legs dont do all the work in the setting stage😉. Did his legs crush the gripper?!

1 minute ago, Ryroza said:

Believe it or not legs dont do all the work in the setting stage😉. Did his legs crush the gripper?!

Bracing really helps though. I have a phenomenally weak set. In training I often used a similar set for heavy attempts and set-up for OCs and negatives. I agree with you that it doesn't detract from the crushing strength displayed on the close. And I'm also a firm believer of doing whatever the heck works for you in training. In that respect, I don't feel anything is being claimed except what is on the video. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be allowed. 

The MM cert has a "no bracing" rule which I believe was clarified in one of Paul Knight's certs. Maybe MM3. I think he had to redo the cert because during the set he braced his gripping arm elbow on his torso. Clearly he went on to higher levels so it wasn't a strength issue.

1 hour ago, Ryroza said:

Do legs actually close the gripper. It's crush not bench press

Yes they do, they help setting the grippers, which is part of closing it.

45 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I don't think anyone is suggesting it should be allowed. 

The MM cert has a "no bracing" rule which I believe was clarified in one of Paul Knight's certs. Maybe MM3. I think he had to redo the cert because during the set he braced his gripping arm elbow on his torso. Clearly he went on to higher levels so it wasn't a strength issue.

It's allowed in silver bullet in pretty much every comp I've seen. Which I'm against. Grippers are not a leg exercise. If you can't set at gripper using your upper body you aren't strong enough. Simple as that.

Then of course in training, that's a whole different story.

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Yes they do, they help setting the grippers, which is part of closing it.

Mm rules not allowing leg set is fine with me, outside of that legs are only part of the set and not part of the actual close in my books.

8 minutes ago, Ryroza said:

Mm rules not allowing leg set is fine with me, outside of that legs are only part of the set and not part of the actual close in my books.

It's part of the close, no matter what your opinion is.

24 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

It's part of the close, no matter what your opinion is.

So setting and crush are the exact same thing