Failed CoC 3 certification

insane.warrior

15 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Why did it fail? Strong close.

Thanks Thom.

The answer was:

"your attempt was unanimously turned down because you did not properly demonstrate a legal start—as we mentioned earlier, please don’t rush this step, but pause and show the card fits between the ends of the handles rather than brushing it through".

I'm completely confused🤷‍♂️

I have seen almost every official certification video available and most of them do not meet the criteria mentioned above.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Thanks Thom.

The answer was:

"your attempt was unanimously turned down because you did not properly demonstrate a legal start—as we mentioned earlier, please don’t rush this step, but pause and show the card fits between the ends of the handles rather than brushing it through".

I'm completely confused🤷‍♂️

I have seen almost every official certification video available and most of them do not meet the criteria mentioned above.

I thought that may have been the problem. They were very hard on this for my certification aswell when I submitted my video to show them I was ready. They actually asked me to redo it even though I did 3 reps CCS.

You will get it next time, strength and technique is definitely there just need to exaggerate the card insert.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lennix said:

They actually asked me to redo it

Same here.

I have filmed extra attempt and it was accepted.

As for me, the pause on the certification video was even longer and the swipes of the credit card were clearer compared to precertification.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, insane.warrior said:

Same here.

As for me, the pause on the certification video was even longer and the swipes of the credit card were clearer.

For me on the certification attempt it looks like you bend the card a bit to get it though meanwhile on the precert its clearly shown that the card fits between the handles.

• Like 2

Just now, Lennix said:

For me on the certification attempt it looks like you bend the card a bit to get it though meanwhile on the precert its clearly shown that the card fits between the handles.

Yeah, after the first swipe, the card went very deep between the handles (~2 cm deep, the big blue letter "H"). That was the reason it bend on the way up.

But the first and the third swipes were decent.

If I was a judge standing next to myself, I would definitely confirm the legal starting position.

The bigger problem is that we have to search for some barely seen details on my video which might led to the rejection of the attempt.

But there are so many accepted certifications with super fast swipes, with the swipes somewhere near the handles (not clearly between), with the gripper closed somewhere far on the background with a bad angle in the dark room.

The rules should work for all the same way.

• Like 2

I bet they will introduce new rules soon because the CCS rule is so hard to judge and people are trying to cheat all the time with it. A total no set will probably be the new rules :laugh

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

people are trying to cheat all the time

I don't agree with that, I don't think that someone tries to intentionally cheat with CoC certifications nowadays.

but rules and judging should definitely be improved: more strictly described, demonstration of accepted technique should be provided with images/ videos, etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

I don't agree with that, I don't think that someone tries to intentionally cheat with CoC certifications nowadays.

but rules and judging should definitely be improved: more strictly described, demonstration of accepted technique should be provided with images/ videos, etc.

I was being sarcastic... That's what IM thought when they changed the rules to CCS.

• Like 3

This has happened to several people now.

They want a bigger gap between the handles so they are basically asking you to do a set that is wider than CCS because of the requirement to swipe your card through the hole rather than using the card to show that the gap is exactly the size of the top of the credit card.

They should just go back to deep sets in my opinion way easier to judge and it also gives people with small hands a chance to certify.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 4

Damn, that was a very nice close. I'm having a hard time believing that they turned that down. Video quality and lighting were next to perfect, credit card clearly goes between the handles and very visible handles touching at the end. Tough break man. 

Dear Ironmind,

Do better.

Sincerely,

Everyone

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

They want a bigger gap between the handles so they are basically asking you to do a set that is wider than CCS because of the requirement to swipe your card through the hole rather than using the card to show that the gap is exactly the size of the top of the credit card.

In my case, the gap was wider than CCS for sure, because I was swiping a card >= 1 cm deep.

The problem is with a card by itself. It is flexible and thin.

4 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

show the card fits between the ends of the handles rather than brushing it through

From my perspective, in order to show that your set is absolutely fair, you have to "brush it through". If you just insert it as a set block, there is no guarantee that the gripper spread is exactly 54mm (because, as I said, the card is flexible and thin).

Changing credit card to block with a width of 54mm would solve than problem once and for all.

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, stranger said:

Damn, that was a very nice close. I'm having a hard time believing that they turned that down. Video quality and lighting were next to perfect, credit card clearly goes between the handles and very visible handles touching at the end. Tough break man. 

Thank you for your kind words, much appreciated!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nick K. said:

now you have to wait to attempt again? 

now I will have to postpone all of my plans so I can try again.

I should film new precertification video and wait for 1 or 2 months for a new gripper.

this drives me crazy the most 🤬

• Like 3

I am sorry to hear about all of this man  it was a great close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

Same here.

As for me, the pause on the certification video was even longer and the swipes of the credit card were clearer compared to precertification.

Wait so they asked you to redo, you sent this video, they accepted, and this was not a legal starting width either?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Wait so they asked you to redo, you sent this video, they accepted, and this was not a legal starting width either?

1) I sent the videos with me closing both of mine CoC's #3 as a precertification

2) They asked to redo: sent them the video you quoted. That video was accepted.

3) I've sent my certification video - got a rejection

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That sucks man, that was a great close and was obviously wide enough.  I have heard they were being more strict about brushing the card through too but surprised at this one failing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

1) I sent the videos with me closing both of mine CoC's #3 as a precertification

2) They asked to redo: sent them the video you quoted. That video was accepted.

3) I've sent my certification video - got a rejection

Oof. I understand now. The strength is there! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I am sorry to hear about all of this man  it was a great close.

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

That sucks man, that was a great close and was obviously wide enough.  I have heard they were being more strict about brushing the card through too but surprised at this one failing.

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Oof. I understand now. The strength is there! 

Thank you guys!

At least I was lucky enough to skip the "depression" stage this time... Straight to the "acceptance" 🙃

655673039_.png.cb88a41bec5b8763bb0dc533c722107b.png

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

At the rate you are improving, soon you can just send for the 3.5 lol.

You will nail the 3 next time.  As Matt said, the strength was there; this was about jumping through an arbitrary hoop, not about a failed close.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

At the rate you are improving, soon you can just send for the 3.5 lol.

I am not that strong actually 😁 But when I have to squeeze or lift, I do my best.

Never TNSed #3, never closed for more than 1 rep from a CCS.

28 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

You will nail the 3 next time.  As Matt said, the strength was there; this was about jumping through an arbitrary hoop, not about a failed close.

Fingers crossed 🤞

Thanks Vinnie 🤝

• Like 2