Monster Forearms - Hows it going guys 👍💪

RosboArms

Hi Everybody, 

Hope everybody is doing well 😊 Decided to make a account and join all you Gripsters. Some of you might already know who i am but if not then here you go - 

5'8 - 210lbs - 15.5" Relaxed Forearm ( R ) 15" Relaxed Forearm ( L ) Just Natural Good Genetics and Years of Hard Graft.

Youtube Channel ( Oldschool strength)

Tom 💪

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RosboArms said:

Hi Everybody, 

Hope everybody is doing well 😊 Decided to make a account and join all you Gripsters. Some of you might already know who i am but if not then here you go - 

5'8 - 210lbs - 15.5" Relaxed Forearm ( R ) 15" Relaxed Forearm ( L ) Just Natural Good Genetics and Years of Hard Graft.

Youtube Channel ( Oldschool strength)

Tom 💪

Awesome dude welcome!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome dude welcome!

Thanks mate 💪👍

• Like 1

Hey welcome to the gripboard.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey welcome to the gripboard.

😊💪👍

2 hours ago, hellswindstaff said:

Is that an infant attached to your forearm?

Haha you would think so wouldn't you 😂

Hey Popeye -- you got the arms, so now it's time to close some big grippers!  Welcome.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Hey Popeye -- you got the arms, so now it's time to close some big grippers!  Welcome.

I agree ! Im Currently pinch lifting 2 x 20kg plates easy... Next is 2 x 25s . Also aiming at closing a CoC #3 Very soon.

I have actually been in contact with Nathan Holle today picking his brains about this Gripper training. 

Stay tuned for more posts 💪👍😊

• Like 3

Welcome to the fold! Nathan is a stand up guy 

210lbs at 5'8" is pretty damn big 💪

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Welcome to the fold! Nathan is a stand up guy 

210lbs at 5'8" is pretty damn big 💪

Yes he seems a great guy and has also sent me out his hd2 prototype grip to help towards that Inch lift.

I carry the size really well and still have a athletic physique despite being 5'8 I can still bang out 6 solid rounds in a boxing ring against good Pros. Boxing has always been my thing 👊

Boxing, Gymnastics, Grip Training,  its a busy life haha 💪👍

Thanks

Tom

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RosboArms said:

Yes he seems a great guy and has also sent me out his hd2 prototype grip to help towards that Inch lift.

I carry the size really well and still have a athletic physique despite being 5'8 I can still bang out 6 solid rounds in a boxing ring against good Pros. Boxing has always been my thing 👊

Boxing, Gymnastics, Grip Training,  its a busy life haha 💪👍

Thanks

Tom

I love combat sports. Used to box for 3 years, then army service and big life changes happened. Then a little kick boxing with a few of my coworkers. Did Pancrase in 2008, broke my ankle and then started lifting haha... 

Busy life indeed 💪

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I love combat sports. Used to box for 3 years, then army service and big life changes happened. Then a little kick boxing with a few of my coworkers. Did Pancrase in 2008, broke my ankle and then started lifting haha... 

Busy life indeed 💪

Thats awesome! I have been to all four corners of the Country ( UK ) Boxing and sparring with up and coming Champs / Contenders.  I also have Instructorships in JKD, Kali, Panantuken boxing, Krav Maga, Eskrima, the list goes on. Fought Professional MMA at the age of 17 winning both my fights via KO. MMA was still unheard of when i was a teenager and matching up opponents was difficult. My first fight was against a guy who was 27 years old! My second fight was against a guy aged 25.... You dont hear of that happening much nowadays do ya haha 👊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

Thats awesome! I have been to all four corners of the Country ( UK ) Boxing and sparring with up and coming Champs / Contenders.  I also have Instructorships in JKD, Kali, Panantuken boxing, Krav Maga, Eskrima, the list goes on. Fought Professional MMA at the age of 17 winning both my fights via KO. MMA was still unheard of when i was a teenager and matching up opponents was difficult. My first fight was against a guy who was 27 years old! My second fight was against a guy aged 25.... You dont hear of that happening much nowadays do ya haha 👊

Eskrima and kali are freaking awesome I wish I could learn both arts.

I love all weapons and everything about them lol.

Too bad these martial arts are pretty much non existent here in the Netherlands.

I have done some heavy bag training but I can't really call that boxing because I can't spar because of an accident I have had when I was younger.

It's awesome that you have instructorships in so many martial arts!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DevilErik said:

Eskrima and kali are freaking awesome I wish I could learn both arts.

I love all weapons and everything about them lol.

Too bad these martial arts are pretty much non existent here in the Netherlands.

I have done some heavy bag training but I can't really call that boxing because I can't spar because of an accident I have had when I was younger.

It's awesome that you have instructorships in so many martial arts!

You should check out Panantuken boxing that was my favourite of all the arts.

Knowing all these arts means nothing if a man cant control his Nerve in real life situations. Iv seen many man and so called Martial art tough guys put fast asleep in street situations time and time again. 

Safe to say iv alot of experience in the Martial arts but nothing compares to The reality of Street fighting. 👊💪

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

You should check out Panantuken boxing that was my favourite of all the arts.

Knowing all these arts means nothing if a man cant control his Nerve in real life situations. Iv seen many man and so called Martial art tough guys put fast asleep in street situations time and time again. 

Safe to say iv alot of experience in the Martial arts but nothing compares to The reality of Street fighting. 👊💪

A lot of people have told me that it's useless to learn an empty hands martial art if I can't spar but I don't really know since I don't have any knowledge about the subject.

I have been told that I am gifted with punching power but punching power alone doesn't mean anything without technique.

I agree with you about the control part.

The real tough guys usually don't even tell people about them knowing martial arts.

The so called tough guys go out and tell everyone they are doing martial arts and think they are tough.

I agree man street fightning is a whole different world.

All the knowledge about martial arts doesn't have to mean anything when there's no rules, weapons etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RosboArms said:

Immersed!!! I admire your dedication. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

Immersed!!! I admire your dedication. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? 

I am 32 years old. I was a student under Rick Young from Edinburgh and George Hale of West Yorkshire. I was supposed to be the first guy in West Yorkshire to achieve a Instructorship under the Legendary Dan Inosanto but things happened and i went down the fighting path instead.

I no longer train the Arts. Only Boxing. 

Some Gymnastics - 

• Like 3

On 1/29/2022 at 2:06 PM, RosboArms said:

You dont hear of that happening much nowadays do ya haha (note: this was discussing something that happened when you were 17)

Ah how different things were in the good old days, way back when you were 17, in ...

On 1/29/2022 at 2:45 PM, RosboArms said:

I am 32 years old

2007 lol.

I get a kick out of really young people talking about long ago times so wistfully, with the air of being old dogs.  But it's all relative, I guess -- that was almost half your life ago.  Awesome! 

32 is very young.  I'll be 53 in April, and even I am not finished yet (at least, I am still improving my numbers, not declining).  If you are only 32 and just discovering grip now and doing all these feats already, you sir, are one to watch.  And there are a couple of other new faces on the board in the last year or so who are also already making waves (thinking of Clint Z pinching 2 25kg and Derek P multiple-repping GHP7 in particular, but a few others too).  

Spread the word, this is fun stuff, and believe it or not, good grip strength correlates positively with other great traits, most notably longevity.

Can't wait to see what you and the other new stars will do.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Ah how different things were in the good old days, way back when you were 17, in ...

2007 lol.

I get a kick out of really young people talking about long ago times so wistfully, with the air of being old dogs.  But it's all relative, I guess -- that was almost half your life ago.  Awesome! 

32 is very young.  I'll be 53 in April, and even I am not finished yet (at least, I am still improving my numbers, not declining).  If you are only 32 and just discovering grip now and doing all these feats already, you sir, are one to watch.  And there are a couple of other new faces on the board in the last year or so who are also already making waves (thinking of Clint Z pinching 2 25kg and Derek P multiple-repping GHP7 in particular, but a few others too).  

Spread the word, this is fun stuff, and believe it or not, good grip strength correlates positively with other great traits, most notably longevity.

I feel so young lol I am only 24 haha.

• Like 2

Just now, DevilErik said:

I feel so young lol I am only 24 haha.

Ah, youth, wasted, etc.  Wish I knew then what I know now.  Yada yada.

I actually feel like I appreciated my youth and relished what I knew was temporary, so I can't complain.  And I still do that now, for pretty much the same reason - because 52 will seem young when I am 80 like my parents (who also seem to be doing a pretty good job of enjoying what time they still have).

• Like 2

Just now, Vinnie said:

Ah, youth, wasted, etc.  Wish I knew then what I know now.  Yada yada.

I actually feel like I appreciated my youth and relished what I knew was temporary, so I can't complain.  And I still do that now, for pretty much the same reason - because 52 will seem young when I am 80 like my parents (who also seem to be doing a pretty good job of enjoying what time they still have).

Would have been even better if I had known about grip then though ...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Would have been even better if I had known about grip then though ...

True I guess but then again the beauty of grip is that you can still make good progress when you are older.

It doesn't regress like muscle mass and strength do.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 3

But then again even I could say that.

What if I had known about grip when I was 14 haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Vinnie said:

2007 lol.

Really appreciate the kinds words mate 👍I'm actually Pursuing my Boxing Career again. At 25 i was unfortunate that i nearly lost my life to a blood clot and had my License Revoked. 1 week in intensive care and 3 weeks recovering on a Vascular unit. 3 - 4 years Taking Warferin ( blood thinners ) for recovery.  Its been up and down for 6 years but i feel at my strongest now! 

I dont care that im 32 i still believe i have what it takes to pull off my dream in boxing which is to have one of the best most entertaining fights ever! A fight people will remember forever... Thats all 👍👊

Edited by RosboArms
  • Like 2