My Notes, Thoughts, Training logs, etc

SkyHeart

4 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

ahh, nostalgia. when i first closed my off brand / hg-200, i jammed this through my head phones as celebration :D

I grew up on Punch out and Super Punch Out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I grew up on Punch out and Super Punch Out.

funny thing is, i didn't know about little mac until venturing to super smash brothers wii u, then found out how much the character resonates with me :D 

39 minutes ago, SkyHeart said:

funny thing is, i didn't know about little mac until venturing to super smash brothers wii u, then found out how much the character resonates with me :D 

Yeah great games. Liked all the Super Smash Bros, never really played Wii U. It cracks me up, Mario was old when i was born, now at age 29, my nephews are into Mario.. They've done a great job at making $$$$ off them.

You should try out the old nintendo games if you haven't already. Pretty sure Punch Out is part of the reason I love exercising so much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yeah great games. Liked all the Super Smash Bros, never really played Wii U. It cracks me up, Mario was old when i was born, now at age 29, my nephews are into Mario.. They've done a great job at making $$$$ off them.

You should try out the old nintendo games if you haven't already. Pretty sure Punch Out is part of the reason I love exercising so much.

i only ever played melee off gamecube, and the wii u edition, though i doubt i'll ever buy a switch. i just feel like theres something kind of complicated  about it, but it looks like a lot of fun for many people. whatever works for whoever, right? i remember being introduced to the nin 64 when i was only 2. first game i ever played was the nintendo 64 mario world :D  

Gamecube is one of the best things that ever happened in my opinion. especially for games like Luigi's mansion, super mario sunshine, and paper mario; the thousand year door. 

do you have a favorite(s) ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SkyHeart said:

i only ever played melee off gamecube, and the wii u edition, though i doubt i'll ever buy a switch. i just feel like theres something kind of complicated  about it, but it looks like a lot of fun for many people. whatever works for whoever, right? i remember being introduced to the nin 64 when i was only 2. first game i ever played was the nintendo 64 mario world :D  

Gamecube is one of the best things that ever happened in my opinion. especially for games like Luigi's mansion, super mario sunshine, and paper mario; the thousand year door. 

do you have a favorite(s) ? 

Goldeneye 64 and then a bunch of GameCube and N64 classic. I love games but the last 10 years I have hardly had any time for them. I have a Switch, hardly use it. Every 6 months I’ll play it. As fun as it is, if I have spare time, I’d be active play guitar. 

that weekend is coming when I spend a day playing games. But I don’t know when.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Goldeneye 64 and then a bunch of GameCube and N64 classic. I love games but the last 10 years I have hardly had any time for them. I have a Switch, hardly use it. Every 6 months I’ll play it. As fun as it is, if I have spare time, I’d be active play guitar. 

that weekend is coming when I spend a day playing games. But I don’t know when.

Goldeneye for some reason makes me think of something that would be in a star fox game. i played one of those, but forgot what its called. i think just "star fox adventures" made in.. 2002 - 03? 

its ashame when we dont have time to invest in something we love. thank goodness grippers are easy to stay flexible with right? im hearing more and more about how a lot of people are having to get 2 - 3 jobs just to take care of basics.  

do you also play guitar hero? or used to i mean 

3 minutes ago, SkyHeart said:

Goldeneye for some reason makes me think of something that would be in a star fox game. i played one of those, but forgot what its called. i think just "star fox adventures" made in.. 2002 - 03? 

its ashame when we dont have time to invest in something we love. thank goodness grippers are easy to stay flexible with right? im hearing more and more about how a lot of people are having to get 2 - 3 jobs just to take care of basics.  

do you also play guitar hero? or used to i mean 

Star Fox Adventures was an amazing game...

I did for a brief time, then I realized my time would be better spent learning real guitar. Would have been cheaper to stick to guitar hero, 15+ and 10 amps later.. 

I don't need to work 2-3 jobs, but i've been thinking about getting a 2nd one. Everything is way to expensive now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Star Fox Adventures was an amazing game...

I did for a brief time, then I realized my time would be better spent learning real guitar. Would have been cheaper to stick to guitar hero, 15+ and 10 amps later.. 

I don't need to work 2-3 jobs, but i've been thinking about getting a 2nd one. Everything is way to expensive now.

i saw how the gas prices "Went back down a little" after defying mount everest. well i heard it through the grape vine of a couple youtubers since i don't really look at conventional news. i saw others play guitar hero a few times but never really tried it. i like the colors they put in the game. makes an appeal to draw in more people which is always cool.

if you do get a second job, i hope its something you like doing. it seems like stuff is getting more unpredictable every other week now 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyHeart said:

i saw how the gas prices "Went back down a little" after defying mount everest. well i heard it through the grape vine of a couple youtubers since i don't really look at conventional news. i saw others play guitar hero a few times but never really tried it. i like the colors they put in the game. makes an appeal to draw in more people which is always cool.

if you do get a second job, i hope its something you like doing. it seems like stuff is getting more unpredictable every other week now 

I've got a few ideas for 2nd jobs. I've been thinking about going into the National Guard. Which is more than a part time job sometimes. But it would be nice to get a college degree with no debt and have the Army teach me something on top of that.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 8:19 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

I've got a few ideas for 2nd jobs. I've been thinking about going into the National Guard. Which is more than a part time job sometimes. But it would be nice to get a college degree with no debt and have the Army teach me something on top of that.

Personally: i say go for what your heart tells you, my friend. no matter how large or small, no dream is to be scoffed upon. whatever you decide on, i know for a fact you'll end up doing mighty fine 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Personally: i say go for what your heart tells you, my friend. no matter how large or small, no dream is to be scoffed upon. whatever you decide on, i know for a fact you'll end up doing mighty fine 

Thanks.. Its something I always wanted to do, but like i've said before, my mom got sick when I was about 19 or 20 and it changed everything. But might go for it now.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm sure theres a few guys here would use one with blue handles!

Consult a doctor if your pump lasts for more than 4 hours.

Want to know whats even better than the listing? xD theres an option to purchase a 2 year protection plan for 2 dollars, and the plan is by Allstate, lmao.

not to mention; i found this one about two weeks earlier 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295137707950?hash=item44b79407ae:g:wboAAOSwAVpi7VhV

• Haha 1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2JYG1ZX?smid=A398KL3ERSE69D&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp&th=1

im not sure if this coupon applies for everyone, or just a few, but on amazon, YZL sports is offering a promo on their grippers. i got one for just 8.55$, free shipping :D (well, when purchasing 25 dollars or more worth of merchandise at their retailer )  thought i'd list this just incase anyone wants to find a bargain 

Edited by SkyHeart

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of taking 6 days / a week off of gripper training. been a very long time since i rested for this many days. might be over due since the tendon in my left wrist between the thumb/ wrist joint is sore when attempting medium - expert grips for the first few minutes. been this way for about 10 days now , if not longer. will keep posted 

side note; i can't believe we're nearing the end quarter of 2022 already o: 

• Like 1

Should give rolling handle training a go, I've been backing off on my gripper training recently because i've been wanting to get my hands and forearms as a unit much stronger, Also doesn't hurt as much

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Should give rolling handle training a go, I've been backing off on my gripper training recently because i've been wanting to get my hands and forearms as a unit much stronger, Also doesn't hurt as much

Yes, I've been using mine a lot the past 6 weeks and i've gotten stronger. 

@SkyHeart Gripgenie has them on sale scratch in dent section for $50 plus shipping, might be able to find a coupon. 

Also take a rest, do some stretching, do some extensor work.  Gotta get some blood flowing there.. You will come back stronger.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

rolling handle? looks like a smooth way to add onto a routine. no pun intended xD i'm going to check that out and search, thanks for the suggestion! it does seem like "less is more" with these tools, even for someone who isn't working with other equipment (like myself) 

9 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yes, I've been using mine a lot the past 6 weeks and i've gotten stronger. 

@SkyHeart Gripgenie has them on sale scratch in dent section for $50 plus shipping, might be able to find a coupon. 

Also take a rest, do some stretching, do some extensor work.  Gotta get some blood flowing there.. You will come back stronger.

i'm going to look into them for sure :D  i remembered your recommendation about stretching and started using it on the finger/elbow region after some hard training. i felt a slight difference after that one moment in itself. i noticed even with assisted closes, it just takes a toll to keep trying too often. weird how training with these works. im still noticing how its more complex than when i simply lifted weights. 

• Like 1

Anyone have an opinion on a gripper like this? or experience owning one?  

https://www.amazon.com/TIT-COOPOPE-Adjustable-Strengthener-Unbreakable/dp/B0B6FDRTC4/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=v5B4Y&content-id=amzn1.sym.e4bd6ac6-9035-4a04-92a6-fc4ad60e09ad&pf_rd_p=e4bd6ac6-9035-4a04-92a6-fc4ad60e09ad&pf_rd_r=G29TBMY17SSA4SF6C567&pd_rd_wg=DdV3U&pd_rd_r=3921804c-745a-4434-954f-6b68f0595c88&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

it looks like the handles are narrower than a fixed hand grip strengthener, but at the same time, that spring looks pretty sturdy. i wonder what the highest difficulty feels like, vs a CoC 4, or GHP 9 

I believe thats similar to Joe Kinney's "monster" gripper that he used to use for negatives a million years ago, I know a couple of guys who have used them