My Notes, Thoughts, Training logs, etc

SkyHeart

I have decided not to take a break from the Ivanko but instead dramatically reduce the volume and do a weight reset.

I will drop down 10% from the last setting I closed.

So I will go down to (6,12) and instead of doing 4 attempts and 4 singles I will do a warming up and a max on the Ivanko and then do my singles on the Vulcan.

My Vulcan and Torsion spring grippers have carry over to my Ivanko so this way I only have to do 1 rep with my Ivanko each week but I won't lose the "feel" of the gripper.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Exertion headaches suck I used to get them in regular resistance training.

I often tend to hold my breath while exerting myself which causes me to get them even faster.

I appreciate that man! 

You are welcome!

Getting people motivated and watching them smash PR's is awesome.

Yeah I really have to take a break from the gripper.

It can be very frustrating at times especially because of the gripper not making the clicking sound.

The only time I am 100% sure about my close is when I smash the handles together and pretty much overcrush them.

It's pretty damn clear when using torsion spring grippers or the vulcan.

Half an inch can take months and it sucks.

I appreciate that man.

I often tell myself to not be a little b1tch about it and just keep pushing haha.

This often helps.

Self hyping can be disastrous and as soon as you are used to doing things calmly you won't ever need it anymore.

Hyping yourself up is VERY bad for your recovery.

Also the anger really doesn't do anything at least it didn't for me it was all in my head.

I will!

I am going to focus on my Vulcan with the orange spring and get to the highest setting with an ultra wide set which is basically wider than a no set on a regular gripper.

I set it a tiny distance so I can get my pinky on the handle.

I used to do no sets but it sometimes locks up my pinky and it also causes the gripper to slide a lot while closing which is super dangerous.

Also the range of motion barely gets reduced because of the size of my hands.

Weird how activities like this can either affect one part of the body or another, in some cases not even slightly disturbing parts of us that it does for others. that probably sounded confusing the way i just worded that xD 

i'm still about the same status with my 300 but am staying patience and optimistic :D 

i think any measures that keeps your inspiration alive is the best measure that exists! anything that keeps it feeling monotones will just kill one's motive, whether short or long term. even after all the negs the day before, i felt mentally burnt out and was like " .. wow its not as fun after that many efforts in one day o-o" but the next day i was back to inspired lol. when carrying a small box today, i noticed my arms felt more fatigued than usual and remembered its from the negs, which reminded me just how much those help train our upper body strength (even though i dont bother with direct chest crushes anymore ) 

i know what you mean about the overlapping, pinky getting in the way, and getting a correct grasp to close it. reminds me of when hearing that larger hands can cause it and that its not always an advantage though some perceive it as such. same with smaller than average hands im guessing, but for another reason. 

when reading about what the no sets would sometimes do to your pinky, it reminds me of when im trying to set mine in the right hand, and sometimes a phalanx in my index just locks, and stops me from squeezing, then i have to re-set and make sure it wont lock again. its pretty annoying even though there isn't any pain involved xD does that happen to you at times? seems weird, but it could be from a lack of circulation i suppose. 

( by the way, if i miss anything in my replies or forget to answer something, my apologies in advance. i do that from time to time without meaning to xD )

Edited by SkyHeart
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Weird how activities like this can either affect one part of the body or another, in some cases not even slightly disturbing parts of us that it does for others. that probably sounded confusing the way i just worded that xD 

i'm still about the same status with my 300 but am staying patience and optimistic :D 

i think any measures that keeps your inspiration alive is the best measure that exists! anything that keeps it feeling monotones will just kill one's motive, whether short or long term. even after all the negs the day before, i felt mentally burnt out and was like " .. wow its not as fun after that many efforts in one day o-o" but the next day i was back to inspired lol. when carrying a small box today, i noticed my arms felt more fatigued than usual and remembered its from the negs, which reminded me just how much those help train our upper body strength (even though i dont bother with direct chest crushes anymore ) 

i know what you mean about the overlapping, pinky getting in the way, and getting a correct grasp to close it. reminds me of when hearing that larger hands can cause it and that its not always an advantage though some perceive it as such. same with smaller than average hands im guessing, but for another reason. 

when reading about what the no sets would sometimes do to your pinky, it reminds me of when im trying to set mine in the right hand, and sometimes a phalanx in my index just locks, and stops me from squeezing, then i have to re-set and make sure it wont lock again. its pretty annoying even though there isn't any pain involved xD does that happen to you at times? seems weird, but it could be from a lack of circulation i suppose. 

( by the way, if i miss anything in my replies or forget to answer something, my apologies in advance. i do that from time to time without meaning to xD )

A bit yeah haha.

That's the way man I am sure you'll get it soon.

I feel like switching things up can be very beneficial sometimes.

But I have the same thing I do get frusrated at times but my inspiration will come right back in my next workout.

That's pretty interesting I guess setting is a great upper body exercise.

Larger hands are obviously an advantage but I see a lot of people crying about them having small hands.

They also keep asking whether or not they will be able to reach their goals with their small hands.

I know there are grip lifts out there that do require large hands but I feel like lots of people are using it as an excuse.

They can still get brutually strong for their hand size.

The handle spread is just too wide for me to use a "normal" no set.

I have to literally remove my thumbpad from the gripper push the gripper all the way back and then close it.

I then have to close it a bit and get my pinkie on the handle during the rest of the  close.

Yeah I have had that before but that only happens to me on the vulcan because my hands are just way too large for that to happen on other grippers.

Not a problem at all my friend but I don't think you have missed anything.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DevilErik said:

A bit yeah haha.

That's the way man I am sure you'll get it soon.

I feel like switching things up can be very beneficial sometimes.

But I have the same thing I do get frusrated at times but my inspiration will come right back in my next workout.

That's pretty interesting I guess setting is a great upper body exercise.

Larger hands are obviously an advantage but I see a lot of people crying about them having small hands.

They also keep asking whether or not they will be able to reach their goals with their small hands.

I know there are grip lifts out there that do require large hands but I feel like lots of people are using it as an excuse.

They can still get brutually strong for their hand size.

The handle spread is just too wide for me to use a "normal" no set.

I have to literally remove my thumbpad from the gripper push the gripper all the way back and then close it.

I then have to close it a bit and get my pinkie on the handle during the rest of the  close.

Yeah I have had that before but that only happens to me on the vulcan because my hands are just way too large for that to happen on other grippers.

Not a problem at all my friend but I don't think you have missed anything.

I have noticed a couple of Youtubers interested in grippers who would comment about how their hand size prevents them from accelerating beyond a certain milestone, i;e - the CoC 3, or even 2.5 (maybe even less) but i saw a response to one of those comments when browsing that said its nothing to do with hand size, but a lack of strength, which.. I'm inclined to agree. last year (middle) if i had tried to do a neg with a "300" gripper, it felt like my bones were ready to snap from under the pressure, as if it were two twigs trying to squeeze a rock. but tonight i noticed a slight increase in performance with it one handed and even negs. holding the handles paralel and closer for longer periods is now easier, and i was able to get to that "half inch gap" twice in a row in my right hand , or closer enough to twice for me to notice the difference. even in my left theres a change for the good ! :) so inspiring to know i'm creeping up on the beginning of elite status :D 

well, now that i revise; i have to add, it would be necessary to have a narrower gripper for them to close an equal difficulty. like, smaller spread but thicker spring or a deeper mount into the bars. i'm back to using Chalk again, just not as much. it feels much more securing when that allows added friction without a slide back. when not using it, il just hold it in place with the other hand at one handle as im shutting (or trying to shut it) in the other. maybe i should do a clip sometime of what i mean since i'm not that great at describing with words xD 

Thanks again for your patience with reading my answers ( and over looking my random forgetfulness if its there, heh : P ) I hope you're staying safe while mopping the floor with your upcoming PR :D i can't believe its already over half way to March. next thing we know, it'll be " Happy 2023! ]:[D " 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

I have noticed a couple of Youtubers interested in grippers who would comment about how their hand size prevents them from accelerating beyond a certain milestone, i;e - the CoC 3, or even 2.5 (maybe even less) but i saw a response to one of those comments when browsing that said its nothing to do with hand size, but a lack of strength, which.. I'm inclined to agree. last year (middle) if i had tried to do a neg with a "300" gripper, it felt like my bones were ready to snap from under the pressure, as if it were two twigs trying to squeeze a rock. but tonight i noticed a slight increase in performance with it one handed and even negs. holding the handles paralel and closer for longer periods is now easier, and i was able to get to that "half inch gap" twice in a row in my right hand , or closer enough to twice for me to notice the difference. even in my left theres a change for the good ! :) so inspiring to know i'm creeping up on the beginning of elite status :D 

well, now that i revise; i have to add, it would be necessary to have a narrower gripper for them to close an equal difficulty. like, smaller spread but thicker spring or a deeper mount into the bars. i'm back to using Chalk again, just not as much. it feels much more securing when that allows added friction without a slide back. when not using it, il just hold it in place with the other hand at one handle as im shutting (or trying to shut it) in the other. maybe i should do a clip sometime of what i mean since i'm not that great at describing with words xD 

Thanks again for your patience with reading my answers ( and over looking my random forgetfulness if its there, heh : P ) I hope you're staying safe while mopping the floor with your upcoming PR :D i can't believe its already over half way to March. next thing we know, it'll be " Happy 2023! ]:[D " 

I do agree with the hand size part  when it comes to grippers they should go back to deep sets or use MMS in my opinion.

I don't agree with the whole "hand size is holding me back" thing there are so many different implements out there they can still get brutually strong for their hand size.

Damn man negatives sound dangerous haha.

Nice man I am sure you'll be elite soon!

They should just go back to deep set or MMS the final part of the close is the most difficult anyway so it's perfect.

Grippers can be super dangerous without chalk so I am glad you have decided to start using chalk!

Yeah man do a clip!

You are welcome.

No problem man my memory still isn't great because of the accident I have had so I know what it's like.

Thanks man I appreciate that!

My goal right now is to close the highest setting on my Vulcan with feels WAY harder than my 300 LBS gripper so it's probably equal to or more difficult than a CoC 3 and on top of that the range of motion is way bigger.

Haha time flies man!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 6:51 AM, DevilErik said:

I do agree with the hand size part  when it comes to grippers they should go back to deep sets or use MMS in my opinion.

I don't agree with the whole "hand size is holding me back" thing there are so many different implements out there they can still get brutually strong for their hand size.

Damn man negatives sound dangerous haha.

Nice man I am sure you'll be elite soon!

They should just go back to deep set or MMS the final part of the close is the most difficult anyway so it's perfect.

Grippers can be super dangerous without chalk so I am glad you have decided to start using chalk!

Yeah man do a clip!

You are welcome.

No problem man my memory still isn't great because of the accident I have had so I know what it's like.

Thanks man I appreciate that!

My goal right now is to close the highest setting on my Vulcan with feels WAY harder than my 300 LBS gripper so it's probably equal to or more difficult than a CoC 3 and on top of that the range of motion is way bigger.

Haha time flies man!

Hm.. Hey speaking of gripper implements, this makes me think of a product Robert Baraban sells on Amazon. its a "negative rep handle" i think. i'd consider that perfect for anyone, and especially those with smaller hands for setting :D 

Your encouragement is refreshing everytime my friend! i see exactly what you mean about what its like without the chalk. i find it okay for warming my joints, but when going semi to all in, its so much easier and feels secure. Hopefully they will bring in some regulation that allows a technique, or at least something similar to negatives that helps those have a better chance with certifying.

it seems CoC and GHP are making their grippers more difficult within the same levels :D when comparing my GHP 9 and 10, they feel different, yet a little similar at the same time, though trying to do a negative with my 10 is way harder despite the width of the handles being like, 1/4th of an inch. kind of odd but fascinating what high quality steel can do ^-^ 

how is your physical comfort/discomfort and memory been the last day or two? i hope everything is going as nicely as possible for you :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Hm.. Hey speaking of gripper implements, this makes me think of a product Robert Baraban sells on Amazon. its a "negative rep handle" i think. i'd consider that perfect for anyone, and especially those with smaller hands for setting :D 

Your encouragement is refreshing everytime my friend! i see exactly what you mean about what its like without the chalk. i find it okay for warming my joints, but when going semi to all in, its so much easier and feels secure. Hopefully they will bring in some regulation that allows a technique, or at least something similar to negatives that helps those have a better chance with certifying.

it seems CoC and GHP are making their grippers more difficult within the same levels :D when comparing my GHP 9 and 10, they feel different, yet a little similar at the same time, though trying to do a negative with my 10 is way harder despite the width of the handles being like, 1/4th of an inch. kind of odd but fascinating what high quality steel can do ^-^ 

how is your physical comfort/discomfort and memory been the last day or two? i hope everything is going as nicely as possible for you :D 

That thing is awesome you should get it.

I hope they will just go back to allowing deep sets or they could do MMS which is slighly wider.

That's awesome the more difficult the better.

It's been alright thanks for asking.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 5:02 AM, DevilErik said:

That thing is awesome you should get it.

I hope they will just go back to allowing deep sets or they could do MMS which is slighly wider.

That's awesome the more difficult the better.

It's been alright thanks for asking.

Hm.. hey you know what would be cool? if enough of us gripper enthusiasts got together and made up our own grip certification system/rules o: like. even if its not official by a company, who cares? when enough people make something up as a team, it becomes just as real and recognized in my opinion.

Also, no problem! i'm glad everything is staying good for you :D  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkyHeart said:

Hm.. hey you know what would be cool? if enough of us gripper enthusiasts got together and made up our own grip certification system/rules o: like. even if its not official by a company, who cares? when enough people make something up as a team, it becomes just as real and recognized in my opinion.

Also, no problem! i'm glad everything is staying good for you :D  

I like the MMS certifications here on the gripboard.

They should just make those the gold standard haha.

Edited by DevilErik
Typo
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I like the MMS certifications here on the gripboard.

They should just make those the golden standard haha.

Oof. i almost completely forgot about those XD seems im always just a little behind in my thinking 😅

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

New milestone goal: The capability of a negative/assisted crush on my GHP9. Still working on one handed close for the PowerGrip 300. About the same, though i am more often reaching that "less than half inch" gap than a couple months earlier. 

-Sky-

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

New milestone goal: The capability of a negative/assisted crush on my GHP9. Still working on one handed close for the PowerGrip 300. About the same, though i am more often reaching that "less than half inch" gap than a couple months earlier. 

-Sky-

SMASH THOSE GOALLLLLSSSS

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Again and again! :D How have you been these last couple of weeks, Comrade? :) 

I have been great man thanks for asking my training is going really well too so I am happy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DevilErik said:

I have been great man thanks for asking my training is going really well too so I am happy.

Always a delight to hear, and no problem! :) i've been on a large calorie deficit for the past 9 - 10 days now. so far it seems neutral on my hand strength progress, but ive also seen small signs of progressing too, so i think thats good xD

P.S; you'll have that milestone conquered before you know it :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Always a delight to hear, and no problem! :) i've been on a large calorie deficit for the past 9 - 10 days now. so far it seems neutral on my hand strength progress, but ive also seen small signs of progressing too, so i think thats good xD

P.S; you'll have that milestone conquered before you know it :D 

Don't worry about it man losing weight does not affect gripper strength I haven't touched a weight in several months now and I have only gained strength.

So you can actually lose muscle and get stronger at grippers lol.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between muscle mass/weight and gripper strength.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Don't worry about it man losing weight does not affect gripper strength I haven't touched a weight in several months now and I have only gained strength.

So you can actually lose muscle and get stronger at grippers lol.

There doesn't seem to be any correlation between muscle mass/weight and gripper strength.

Thanks a bunch for telling me that, its a huge relief xD the weight loss goal and gripper goal is evenly important so its great not having to choose! Seems the only true way to get higher with them is train, train train. well of course resting enough not to self injure, too : P 

Hope you're having a nice day or night so far! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Thanks a bunch for telling me that, its a huge relief xD the weight loss goal and gripper goal is evenly important so its great not having to choose! Seems the only true way to get higher with them is train, train train. well of course resting enough not to self injure, too : P 

Hope you're having a nice day or night so far! 

The resting is no joke. Sunday night I had bad DOMS from working out. I still decided to try and bend a - 60d. It wouldn’t budge much other than a good kink. Monday morning right before work I decided to give it another go. I felt a twinge on my whole left side, Lats and traps to forearms to my tricep and bicep. I’m ok but a little sore. Sometimes we all need a reminder, listen body and mine spoke up yesterday. 

good luck on the weight loss. That’s a hard thing but just take it day by day and don’t drink your calories.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 11:00 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

The resting is no joke. Sunday night I had bad DOMS from working out. I still decided to try and bend a - 60d. It wouldn’t budge much other than a good kink. Monday morning right before work I decided to give it another go. I felt a twinge on my whole left side, Lats and traps to forearms to my tricep and bicep. I’m ok but a little sore. Sometimes we all need a reminder, listen body and mine spoke up yesterday. 

good luck on the weight loss. That’s a hard thing but just take it day by day and don’t drink your calories.

Jeez o.o I hope you are feeling better , Chief. That must have felt weird to come in out of no where.  DOMS is a real pain (no pun intended) its subtle and just sneaks up on us out of nowhere sometimes. what i hate most is when it comes around the neck and head area, since it takes longer to fade than a typical headache. 

Thanks for your support! I'll keep updates every so often :) im not sure exactly what i want to get to, but, part of me is thinking 145 - 150 lbs, which would be very lean/slim for me. i'm currently about 178-ish? i started around 184 so some progress has been made :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

Jeez o.o I hope you are feeling better , Chief. That must have felt weird to come in out of no where.  DOMS is a real pain (no pun intended) its subtle and just sneaks up on us out of nowhere sometimes. what i hate most is when it comes around the neck and head area, since it takes longer to fade than a typical headache. 

Thanks for your support! I'll keep updates every so often :) im not sure exactly what i want to get to, but, part of me is thinking 145 - 150 lbs, which would be very lean/slim for me. i'm currently about 178-ish? i started around 184 so some progress has been made :D 

Yup, i took it as a sign for a week off... Every 6-12 weeks I take a week off. It works for me. How tall are you? 145-150 is rea light.. When I was 20, I got down to 150 to see if  I could. I looked like a holocaust victim.  I now stay about 170-190 depending on my relationship with beer..  175-180 is my sweet spot, but i'm trying to bulk up a little now. 

i don't know if you lift weights or anything, but I suggest doing something in addition to grippers, even if its just pull ups, dips,  push ups and bodyweight squats. It will help maintain some muscle mass.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yup, i took it as a sign for a week off... Every 6-12 weeks I take a week off. It works for me. How tall are you? 145-150 is rea light.. When I was 20, I got down to 150 to see if  I could. I looked like a holocaust victim.  I now stay about 170-190 depending on my relationship with beer..  175-180 is my sweet spot, but i'm trying to bulk up a little now. 

i don't know if you lift weights or anything, but I suggest doing something in addition to grippers, even if its just pull ups, dips,  push ups and bodyweight squats. It will help maintain some muscle mass.

Kinda reminds me, i haven't given myself a week off in a while. probably should be doing so by now xD can't even remember the last time really. i think im 5'9 ? my frame size (chest/shoulders) is decently broad. not huge. but like medium-large if that makes sense. come to think of it. every time i make it into the 150s, im usually told i look excessively thin so i'm not entirely sure about that goal. its been a while since i was at that , and probably wasnt as broad as i am now. 

At the moment? i just use grips and chest crushes on occasion, but not too often. i do like how body exercises seem to help the CNS and general toning up. even better is how those will always be available even without equipment :D 

By the way, i wish you awesome results with your bulking ! as for Beer, i couldn't agree more. it never gets old ( nor does Wine, haha : P )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkyHeart said:

Kinda reminds me, i haven't given myself a week off in a while. probably should be doing so by now xD can't even remember the last time really. i think im 5'9 ? my frame size (chest/shoulders) is decently broad. not huge. but like medium-large if that makes sense. come to think of it. every time i make it into the 150s, im usually told i look excessively thin so i'm not entirely sure about that goal. its been a while since i was at that , and probably wasnt as broad as i am now. 

At the moment? i just use grips and chest crushes on occasion, but not too often. i do like how body exercises seem to help the CNS and general toning up. even better is how those will always be available even without equipment :D 

By the way, i wish you awesome results with your bulking ! as for Beer, i couldn't agree more. it never gets old ( nor does Wine, haha : P )

You sound like you've got my build then.  Its easier said than done, but  few sets of dips, pullups and squats will go far while on a cut, hell even on a bulk.. .  From ages 6-13 i was obese.  Summer before 9th grade i went to the doctors, i was like 5ft 7 213lbs.... I started walking and using my brothers total gym, ever since then i've always worked out.  Literally half my life now.  

I've always been a big beer guy, only recently I tried the green stuff because its legal in my state and my grandma started using it after a few health issues.. I never gave into peer pressure in high school, but seeing my grandma eat an edible made me curious..  I never thought it id say this, but I gotta say it makes you feel pretty good and no hangovers or anything.  So if your trying to loose weight, but still want to have a good time.. Thats an option.  

The worst thing it does to me, is make me spread peanut butter on just about anything i'm about to eat..

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

You sound like you've got my build then.  Its easier said than done, but  few sets of dips, pullups and squats will go far while on a cut, hell even on a bulk.. .  From ages 6-13 i was obese.  Summer before 9th grade i went to the doctors, i was like 5ft 7 213lbs.... I started walking and using my brothers total gym, ever since then i've always worked out.  Literally half my life now.  

I've always been a big beer guy, only recently I tried the green stuff because its legal in my state and my grandma started using it after a few health issues.. I never gave into peer pressure in high school, but seeing my grandma eat an edible made me curious..  I never thought it id say this, but I gotta say it makes you feel pretty good and no hangovers or anything.  So if your trying to loose weight, but still want to have a good time.. Thats an option.  

The worst thing it does to me, is make me spread peanut butter on just about anything i'm about to eat..

I had a feeling we were similar in height, interestingly xD and tell me about it. maybe its because of how large a deficit i had been putting myself under for nearly two weeks, but when trying to train with grips, like, assisted closes even seemed to wear me out much sooner than usual. its kind of a bummer when that happens but it makes sense really.  your childhood story is very similar to mine. from like, probably 8 - 16 i think? i was in the obesity range. then at 18 was anorexic for a short period, then have dipped up and down at the lower and higher end of normal to this day

the green stuff seems to offer many benefits. a woman i used to talk to would use it for pain relief and she seemed to find it very helpful. thank goodness for that too since she suffered often. not sure about now though. i've tried it a few different times and noticed that each occasion gave a slight difference in effect, im guessing because of the numerous strains :D 

Peanut butter is incredibly convenient. probably has saved people from starvation due to the high calorie / fat density along with decent protein thats included.  by the way thank you again for your concern ! and happy late St Pat's day :D how did the holiday go for you ? im not sure how different our times are, its almost 10pm for me 

8 hours ago, SkyHeart said:

I had a feeling we were similar in height, interestingly xD and tell me about it. maybe its because of how large a deficit i had been putting myself under for nearly two weeks, but when trying to train with grips, like, assisted closes even seemed to wear me out much sooner than usual. its kind of a bummer when that happens but it makes sense really.  your childhood story is very similar to mine. from like, probably 8 - 16 i think? i was in the obesity range. then at 18 was anorexic for a short period, then have dipped up and down at the lower and higher end of normal to this day

the green stuff seems to offer many benefits. a woman i used to talk to would use it for pain relief and she seemed to find it very helpful. thank goodness for that too since she suffered often. not sure about now though. i've tried it a few different times and noticed that each occasion gave a slight difference in effect, im guessing because of the numerous strains :D 

Peanut butter is incredibly convenient. probably has saved people from starvation due to the high calorie / fat density along with decent protein thats included.  by the way thank you again for your concern ! and happy late St Pat's day :D how did the holiday go for you ? im not sure how different our times are, its almost 10pm for me 

Thanks, my St.Patricks day evening was like any other Thursday, a few beers with construction friends and home. How was yours? I'm not a diet expert by any means. But i'm pretty sure its not good to go on a large deficit in the long run. You end up loosing more muscle mass that way.  Low and slow is better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thanks, my St.Patricks day evening was like any other Thursday, a few beers with construction friends and home. How was yours? I'm not a diet expert by any means. But i'm pretty sure its not good to go on a large deficit in the long run. You end up loosing more muscle mass that way.  Low and slow is better.

Glad to hear you had a splendid day! :) everything was nice and quiet over here. Not much happened but there wasn't any bad news, which is always a bonus these days. I absolutely agree. i was starting to feel the consequences of the large deficit since i was nearing a two week mark. sleep was either scattered, or i'd need extra just to get through a usual day. so it wasnt completely fun xD