Bought a set of heavy grips grippers! Arrived today on 10 01 2022 wooo!

Fibro229

Just now, Climber028 said:

That's why I said "sounded like" instead of "you said". Phrases have different meanings to different people so you may have been misunderstood, or maybe we all are it doesn't matter.

Regardless, they are good, just like every single exercises is good it all depends on how they are applied relative to one's goals. There's no such thing as a bad exercise. 

I agree it really doesn't matter I just didn't understand his reaction that's all.

Well I am all for doing what works best for anyone trying to achieve their goals.

I agree that there is no such thing as a bad exercise.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I said:" They aren't that good" meaning they aren't useless but there are better ways to develop your grip strength.

So I still don't understand his reaction lol.

Ok, I guess everyone should ask you for advice before training grip then. What have you even achieved? Lots of elite grip people are doing deadhangs and/or static holds for time. I guess you know better than all of them?

You know grip strtength is very specific. Deadhangs can be the best exercise there is, totally depends on what you want to achieve.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

I agree it really doesn't matter I just didn't understand his reaction that's all.

Well I am all for doing what works best for anyone trying to achieve their goals.

I agree that there is no such thing as a bad exercise.

There are a lot of bad exercises you can do, it all depends on what you want to achieve. An exercise might not be bad by itself but can be very harmful for a specific reason.

6 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

There are a lot of bad exercises you can do, it all depends on what you want to achieve. An exercise might not be bad by itself but can be very harmful for a specific reason.

That's why I specifically said depending on application and goals. If you're an olympic swimmer, the flask lift is not good for you of course but it doesn't mean the exercise is bad. No exercise on its own is bad, they can all be applied poorly tho. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Ok, I guess everyone should ask you for advice before training grip then. What have you even achieved? Lots of elite grip people are doing deadhangs and/or static holds for time. I guess you know better than all of them?

You know grip strtength is very specific. Deadhangs can be the best exercise there is, totally depends on what you want to achieve.

I never said nor claimed that I knew everything.

I have even said that the advice I give out is not my own and that the credit goes to those specific people.

And I just said that I am all for people doing what works best for them so if that's  hanging from a bar for them it's hanging from a bar for them.

I only said that it isn't the best for developing grip strength.

Just because elite grip people are doing deadhangs doesn't automatically make it great for developing grip strength either.

Just because an exercise CONTRIBUTES to developing  grip strength doesn't mean it's automatically a great exercise.

Correlation does not mean causation.

I also EXPLICITLY said that these weren't my words and that it came up in a q and a video.

You are now claiming that I said that static holds in general don't work lol I specifically stated that I was talking about hanging from a bar.

I have no idea why you are trying to pick a fight here maybe you had a bad day or something I don't know.

But I am not going to argue with you.

This stupid argument is based on something you have made up in your head and I want nothing to do with it.

Go argue with someone else or maybe try and learn how to read what someone actually writes on paper instead of making up your own little story and trying to pick a fight based on that.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 1

Welcome to the fold. Grippers are my addiction as well. Soon enough you'll want more. And that gripper void shall never be filled. At least not for me haha. All the best with your training 💪

• Like 1