Block pulls lifetime PR at 580lbs

Terry Conjugate Iron

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

strong lift..

Appreciate it! Took the weights down after that, preparing for a powerlifting meet end of February 💪

It'll be my 1st in the masters category. Which is... Insane. Time flew by man 

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 10:56 PM, Terry Conjugate Iron said:

I had prepared a long detailed response and my internet went out.... 

Oh well... I'll be quick. 

Yes we're referring to the Axle deadlift where the bar is 18" off the floor. 

You can't bend or yank that bar but if you lean backwards slowly until you find that sweet spot you can then lock out. 

I trained and competed against the strongest people in the world (Björnsson, Pétursson, Ver Magnússon) . They all said the same thing. That the Axle bar from height allows for more weight. 

And I can also attest from my own experience. My current deadlift is 255kg and my best Axle bar deadlift in competition is 275kg. And my straps were slipping otherwise I'd have done more. 

And yes if we're taking about a regular Olympic bar height, I'm sure the Axle bar would be harder to deadlift with 

You're not trolling at all by the way 💪

We're just expressing opinions 👍

Thank you for the clarification. I thought the wagon wheels were the culprit.

and you trained/competed with those guys?? Are you a strongman?

if so, very cool! And welcome to the board!

• Like 2

Just confusion for different sports that use the word axle differently. In grip, when people say axle they mean standard height, double overhand, and no straps which of course is harder. The whole time you've been talking about an entirely different lift that not everyone is aware of if they don't follow strongman. 

Edited by Climber028
Typo
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

Just confusion for different sports that use the word axle differently. In grip, when people say axle they mean standard height, double overhand, and no straps which of course is harder. The whole time you've been talking about an entirely different lift that not everyone is aware of if they don't follow strongman. 

I had prepared an initial response where I clarify the difference between the two. 

Internet went down, lost my response. Forgot to mention it again. Plus, the thread I started was about deadlifts. From a higher spot. 

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron

58 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Thank you for the clarification. I thought the wagon wheels were the culprit.

and you trained/competed with those guys?? Are you a strongman?

if so, very cool! And welcome to the board!

I have trained with these people yes, competed in powerlifting in Iceland for many years at Jakabol, gym of Magnús Ver Magnússon where everybody would train. Up till 2016 if I remember well, when Hafthor opened his own gym, we were all training in the same place. 

And thank you! I mention the board frequently in my videos and I've included the link to all my video descriptions 💪💪

I believe this month concludes my first year here 🎉🥩🎉🎉🎊

Edited by Terry Conjugate Iron
  • Like 2