Is it crazy buying an inch well before I can lift it

Blacksmith513

Took me years to actually buy one…had wanted one since I first saw it, but never got the chance until this year when another person and I teamed up and split the shipping to my workplace. Everyone had fun trying to lift it, and they had a chuckle when I threw it in the backseat and my blazer sunk down!  even love just looking at it! 
never put together a training plan for it…just pick it up with two hands and try and hold it with one a few times a workout. And got an adjustable dumbbell to do reps with….which is very valuable considering you can go beyond the inch weight with the same rolling out of the hand feeling thanks to the bolts that tighten the whole weight with the handle. You can get that off of Arm Assassins Lucas Raymond.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slazbob said:

Took me years to actually buy one…had wanted one since I first saw it, but never got the chance until this year when another person and I teamed up and split the shipping to my workplace. Everyone had fun trying to lift it, and they had a chuckle when I threw it in the backseat and my blazer sunk down!  even love just looking at it! 
never put together a training plan for it…just pick it up with two hands and try and hold it with one a few times a workout. And got an adjustable dumbbell to do reps with….which is very valuable considering you can go beyond the inch weight with the same rolling out of the hand feeling thanks to the bolts that tighten the whole weight with the handle. You can get that off of Arm Assassins Lucas Raymond.

yeah, thats funny about the blazer... It sounds like I gotta get it. I'm pretty fortunate to be near a foundry. I've looked into Arm Assassins stuff, i'll buy a few things off him in the future, I don't think he's too far from my family in upstate New York, maybe i can pay him a visit when i go there in the spring, thats when i should be getting the 125lbs mini inch as well...

I'm starting BJJ soon, i'm a little concerned about how I'm going to juggle all of it, especially being in construction. But when theres a will theres a way, or a dead person, and i'm gonna lift the inch or die trying.   

• Like 1

Cashed in my coins got $312, gonna sell a guitar amp for $150 tomorrow and I should have about another $140 coming in from a small oddjob. Thats $602 of "fun money" if my math is correct. Thats enough for the Inch. I'll be placing the order within the next 2 weeks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now i'm wondering if I should just get the handle made my FBBC, and get some weight plates.  That way, I'm buying something I can actually lift and overhead press as well.  

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Now i'm wondering if I should just get the handle made my FBBC, and get some weight plates.  That way, I'm buying something I can actually lift and overhead press as well.  

Just get some fatgripz or manus grips.

Edited by DevilErik

21 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Just get some fatgripz or manus grips.

I agree and I will, but its still not the same in my opinion. Actually snagged some pipe insulation for my 100lbs dumbbell.   I am trying to build a SMALL collection of old time strongman memorabilia, just the barebone essentials.  

42 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I agree and I will, but its still not the same in my opinion. Actually snagged some pipe insulation for my 100lbs dumbbell.   I am trying to build a SMALL collection of old time strongman memorabilia, just the barebone essentials.  

True a dumbbell with fatgripz on it isn't an actual old time strongman dumbbell so I get what you are saying.

Edited by DevilErik

Well I bought it….. Probably gonna be a year or two before I lift it. But you can’t lift it if it’s not in your possession.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Well I bought it….. Probably gonna be a year or two before I lift it. But you can’t lift it if it’s not in your possession.

Try some assisted reps lift it with 2 hands and try to hold on to it for dear life with 1 hand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Try some assisted reps lift it with 2 hands and try to hold on to it for dear life with 1 hand.

I'm going too, i'm looking forward to goblet squats with it as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

I'm going too, i'm looking forward to goblet squats with it as well.

Be careful with the assisted reps though I don't want you to tear a bicep.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

Be careful with the assisted reps though I don't want you to tear a bicep.

Thank you, I'm always overly cautious, i've had my fair share of injuries.. I gotta start really using my Rolling Grip Thing.  I want to lift it, while weighing under 180lbs...   Thats my goal.

• Like 2

Just now, Blacksmith513 said:

Thank you, I'm always overly cautious, i've had my fair share of injuries.. I gotta start really using my Rolling Grip Thing.  I want to lift it, while weighing under 180lbs...   Thats my goal.

The rolling grip thing is super difficult.

Get strong on that thing and you will definitely be able to lift the inch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

The rolling grip thing is super difficult.

Get strong on that thing and you will definitely be able to lift the inch.

Yeah it is... I just started using it again and haven't maxed on anything... But I lifted my 72lbs kettlebell pretty easy. But I couldn't do my 88lbs one... So, 80lbs give or take is my max if I had to guess. But i've never used it too much. I expect that number to jump pretty fast for a while.

• Like 2

Quick turn around. Should be done tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick it up Saturday. Now the race is on to lift it. Gonna start hitting the Rolling Grip thing hard. Taking a break from the sledgehammers for awhile too, to focus this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Quick turn around. Should be done tomorrow. Hopefully I can pick it up Saturday. Now the race is on to lift it. Gonna start hitting the Rolling Grip thing hard. Taking a break from the sledgehammers for awhile too, to focus this.

Awesome dude good luck!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DevilErik said:

Awesome dude good luck!

Thank you. Its not in my possession yet, but its a great feeling to own one. What sucks is, i was hoping the foundry was open on Saturdays but they aren't... So slammed at work, I feel guilty taking a few hours to grab it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Thank you. Its not in my possession yet, but its a great feeling to own one. What sucks is, i was hoping the foundry was open on Saturdays but they aren't... So slammed at work, I feel guilty taking a few hours to grab it.  

Damn that is unfortunate hopefully you'll be able to pick it up soon.

Edited by DevilErik

Just now, DevilErik said:

Damn that is unfortunate hopefully you'll be able to pick it up soon.

Well, I work for myself so I can really go whenever.. But we just so busy I hate taking any time off.. But it is what it is. I'm just happy there is place so close to my house that makes them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Well, I work for myself so I can really go whenever.. But we just so busy I hate taking any time off.. But it is what it is. I'm just happy there is place so close to my house that makes them.

I would pick it up asap then if I were you.

Edited by DevilErik
  • Like 2

Look what I got! I never fully got my strength back from a stomach bug and then I got Covid… which has kicked the crap out of me.  But I could still pick it up easy enough with both hands even though I feel real weak still. Gonna start with deadlifting it  for while while I build up my number on the rolling grip thing.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

8B0FF718-5693-433A-B358-5A8695A9913B.png

SICKKKKKKK awesome dude !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DevilErik said:

SICKKKKKKK awesome dude !

Thanks, i'm looking forward to the day i post me lifting it with one arm.