Road to the #3 cert and potentially more

Jermiah Merciconah

What it do, Pretty good session today, I've put all my grip stuff on bench day since putting it on other days leaves me too fatigued from heavy bench, But doing it just after bench is an amazing warmup

Closed the 3.5 for 3 MMS reps after bench which is a set PR for me

5 Cobalt singles MMS

5 #3 singles MMS

I also decided to bring my stack of blue nails to the gym and give it a bash, I don't have leathers or IMPs so i'm having to make do with work socks until i grab some IMPs, The socks don't allow me to leverage off the overhang so i have to grab the nail where it is

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Whats up guys i'm still alive, Decided to fool around a bit on left before heading to the gym, Just hit a quick 2.5 TNS on the left hand, I don't train TNS at all so i'm quite surprised, I genuinely do think training thickbar stuff at a high level carries over to more open handed gripper closes

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
proof read before posting moron
  • Like 6

Introducing the most table no set that has ever been no setted

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Jermiah Merciconah said:

Introducing the most table no set that has ever been no setted

Very easy for you. Good job.

What it do, Decided to break out the RGT and loading pin and see what i could lift after having not done this lift in ages, I might have to start training it regularly

• Like 3

Another good grip session on left, I train my right and left on different days just to spice up my week so its not boring

Managed to smack out 69.5kg on the RGT for 8 reps

• Like 3

I don't think i've ever done a forearm update so here is one, I don't do any kind of cupping so the bulk of my forearm mass is almost entirely brachioradialis and finger flexor

image.thumb.jpeg.3cffcc1193dd62ec5e17e8da5be9ca0a.jpeg

• Like 5

Decided to really reign in the gripper work and focus more on thickbar and RGT work, Probably not gonna hit grippers again for another month or 2, Deciding to shoot for the fabled 200lb mark on the RGT

• Like 5

Real good training session today, Managed to break 2 PRs in one day, Managed to score 120.3kg on the GM-150 and managed to get footage of it

Also hit 79kg on the RGT just with a sus lockout since my hip crease isn't visible in the video, I'll have to hit that much cleaner next time

image.thumb.png.9bee9eee2b81016f4186ed68f22e3d3b.png

• Like 4

Starting to realise how Gabriel Sum felt back in the day, Despite me not doing any such gripper training in a long time on left, Mainly being relegated to RGT training, Managed to close the 3.5 on left with more authority and less strain than i ever have on right, I might have to just let nature take its course and see how far i can take this training

• Like 1

Good session today, Combining grip with bench, Gave my hard 3.5 a crack and honestly i'm pretty happy, This thing is substantially harder than my 176 rated titanium, I'm not certain of the rating but its so hard, Also managed to hit 72kg on RGT even after exhausting myself on grippers

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Its been a long time since i've been tempted to post here despite this being a log, Been focused on work and training but still been working my [Redacted] off in grip, Been training a new volume based program instead of spinning my wheels just doing heavy stuff all the time

CPW Cobalt 3 sets of 3 reps

CoC 2.5 3 sets of 10 reps

Program is absolutely brutal on the muscles and the hand skin, But great for pushing much needed volume

Edited by Jermiah Merciconah
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Great training session today, The CCS on left is feeling effortless for some reason, Easier than on right, Might be the way my hands are built but its strange

Managed to get 6 CCS singles on my hard #3, Next session might be brave and try the cobalt

• Like 3

Another good training session, Tried to be a bit more ambitious this time and try go for a CCS close on my GHP 8, Its firmly between my 3 and my 3.5, Missed it by a hair, After work i knew i wasn't gonna have a chance but i was pleasantly surprised with how close i got, By the time i can CCS close both the GHP 8 and my Cobalt i'll be firmly overqualified for the #3 cert

• Like 3

On 12/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, SteinWillems1 said:

When are you going to cert the #3. You must be more then ready?!

You're in luck, I've officially signed up for the CoC #3 cert, This will be a stepping stone unto my ultimate goal of certifying on the #3.5, It will be a journey and a half

• Like 1

Walked into the gym last night and banged out probably one of the greatest gym sessions i've ever had, Took my previous bench press 1RM for a ride for 3 reps

My hard #3 felt like a toy in my hand, And did #2.5 wide reps for 5x4

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Training is going smoother than it ever has, I'm progressing week to week in terms of grip, Hit some big milestones on grippers

Took the #3 for a ride with 2 reps CCS followed by 1 rep from a wide set, Then 6 singles after the fact

#2.5 for 3x5

RGT wrist curls 3x6 46kg off a single pulley weight stack

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

Its been a while since i've been back here, I've been doing some bodybuilding style training from a john meadows program but have built grip around that for some super high hand volume which i feel like has paid off

Today's session has been as follows:

2x CCS reps with the #3

3x Wide set reps with the #3

5x CCS reps with the #2.5

Landmine style wrist curl Levan style 30kg

Same but with 40kg

If i'm not posting on instagram i'll probably post more here as i edge ever closer to the 3.5 from CCS

• Like 4