Who Has A Choker Collar

terry

I read them and understood them too! I think if there were some more threaded holes along the arc towards the one that the plate when used is bolted to, the CC would be more versatile. You would be able to use the larger grippers with the plate and have the handles closer together.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• John Wood

• terry

In line of the instructions it states that some 3s make it and some 3s don`t,

as well as all other models.

Some of my 3s make it and some don`t. However, looking at the photos of the

choker, it is shown placed on the gripper with the stamped lettering and #s

facing up. With my 3s that did not fit, I flipped the choker over with the

stamping faced down and got better results. (only a suggestion :whistel )

Maybe try it this way as well and you may have good results. It performs the

same way in the flipped over position. At least with my grippers it does.

I also found that the RB Crushers fit better than all other models in my collection.

As a side note, Tetting in an answer to a question I posed to him about big

spring grippers, stated that all big spring grippers will be different even if

wound by the same machine. each big spring gripper will be one of a kind.

I believe this by the results of seeing how the grippers react to being corralled

in the choker opening

Bill

I did read your post about grippers being different and I have the instructions "memorized". I did not buy the choker for a smaller gripper I bought it for one of my #3's. Like Oldguy said if there were additional holes a long the arc of the plate it would be more versitle. So thats what I did. I have not tried my RB300 in it yet "vice is at the shop" But I have a feeling that it will fit perfect. In any event I had a great work out with it yesterday and am satisfied. I found that I did have to mount the wire on it otherwise the choker would creep off of the spring.

Tom, you said this in a post:

But there is no way I can put it on the #3 with the plate.

If you read the instructions, then you would have never tried it with the retaining plate. That was my point. It was never intended to be used with a #3. :)

I think that Tom and I have both found an additional way to use the Choker apart from the ways it was designed for. With a few extra threaded holes you can use larger grippers, and have a degree of adjustment for handle spread. Still need a vice in some cases.

If you read the instructions, then you would have never tried it with the retaining plate. That was my point. It was never intended to be used with a #3. :)

Bill

I am one of those guys that does not read instructions unless I have to. When it became apparent that the plate wasn't working I read the instructions. I was mearly responding to someones elses comment that they were able to get their #3 on with the plate. O well enough said ;)

Bill

I am one of those guys that does not read instructions unless I have to. When it became apparent that the plate wasn't working I read the instructions. I was mearly responding to someones elses comment that they were able to get their #3 on with the plate. O well enough said ;)

HAH! :rock

Read this from PDA

Optional Primary Auxiliary Plates (PAX) and Blanks (PAXB) - TSGs vary considerably. On request, we are making up undrilled Primary Auxiliary Plates. These plates can be used to get your specific TSG into the exact partially closed position you seek and that is actually achievable. Blanks can also be drilled to the specification provided by your sketch (not a description). PAPs are intended for use with lower rated TSGs, but some users have installed them on higher rated models.

it won't go on my PDA .280 without the plate installed..........keeps sliding off

Geez guys, let's use some common sense eh? These grippers VARY. The #3 normally has a 283 to .285 spring.

I am still waiting for mine to get here. I hope its soon... :rock

John, you will love it. I really like mine as I just got my easiest 4 in it and the pressure is RAD as it's sitting just over 1/2 inch from shut. Course, I had to flip the plate over to fit it for this gripper, but hey it works.

Mine works just fine on my #3, and #4, it's exactly like I thought it would be, just make sure you guys have it on correctly, or it could launch itself off (I had this happen) but when I realized that I did not have the gripper in the correct "corners" of the plate, and corrected this, all is now A- OK!!!! Being able to just mash down on my 3, or 4 is going to be the ticket for me, I hope.

Great Work Bill, and John!!!!!!

Mike

Heck, taking the collar off and on my 4 gets my hands worked pretty well by itself!

Just got my Choker from PDA.

This thing is great.

I closed my # 2 for the first time with it in the P1 position.

Did it righty first and then closed it lefty.

I love this thing.

Thank you Bill and John for all your research and hard work.

Anyone who is down to the last 1/4 inch or less on a gripper must get one of these things at once.

It is the key to closing your goal gripper in no time flat.

:rock

Edited by tmmicklabs

I just got mine tonight finally :) With the help of my girlfriend to screw in the plate for me I got it on my #3 fairly easily(I closed it on my leg and she secured the plate. This puts it a little closer than an inch apart. This is perfect for what I was wanting it for, helping me on the close of that last part. I've since moved it to my PDA .280 since I can hold negatives with it closer to shut. Heh it's kinda like doing partials with weights but for grippers. Pretty cool in my book. This should be my ticket to strengthing that last cm of the close.

I don't know if I received a lemon choker or not. But there is no way I can put it on the #3 with the plate. As a matter of fact if I do not put some kind of resistance divice like the plate on there, the chocker does not work at all on my #3. I had to drill some other holes in the choker to get the #3 to only 1 1/2 inches apart and then bolt on the plate. I really bought the choker so I could set it to where the handles are parrallel. I am probabley going to contact them to see what the problem is :(

Some times I am just so stupid I scare my self :( I took off the plate that I reconfigured on the CC and just stated playing with the chooker with my "hard" #3 and all of a sudden the thing fell into position where the handles ended up parallel ( this is why I wanted to buy it). I could have died right there. I don't know why I had such a difficult time figuring this thing out. I guess I was trying to make it do something it wasn't designed for. Any way I just had one of the best "CRUSHING" work out's ever :rock Thanx Bill and PDA for developing such a great grip tool!!!! :rock

• 1 month later...

Hey Everybody! I finally got my choker collar! It's from one of my PDA stooges (thanks, you know who you are.) It's not the one I originally ordered, that one is gone like dust in the wind, but oh well, all that matters is that I finally got one.

I was going to get one eventually when I certified for the MM gripper.

All I can say is outstanding! Bravo Bill, what a great idea. I'll be sure to let everyone know how I'm progressing with it on the way to the #4...

John Wood "TM" -Not to be used without the authors written permission.

Can you use the choker collar on the bigger grippers? Like the #4?

HA! Great quote btw:

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

HA! Great quote btw:

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions." -- "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Yes, you can. In fact, you can change sides and depending on what 4's you have you can vary close distance.

Glad you like it John

Wannagrip™

I like mine.

I've found a halfay easy way to put the collar on the 4. I just wedge one end of the gripper on the floor, and put all my bodyweight on the other end with one hand, and slip the collar on with the other.

Based on all the rhetoric on this product, I thought I would need a vice and a pair of pliars for the bigger grippers. Amazingly enough, I'm able to get the collar onto my #4 by just giving it a good squeeze. I can't yet close the 4 yet in this position but time will tell...

Is it just me-or does it seem harder to close the gripper when it is in the collar? I must have a fast sweep that carries over into the crush.

When starting in the collar, I can still mash the #3, but it takes a lot more than if I set one and close it.

Interesting. But, the collar will certainly get my end strength up to par to get this damn BBSE!

Rick Walker :rock

Rick I seem to experienc the same thing, although I havent used the collar a whole lot yet. Id be interested if this is normal or not. I thought my sweep was weak cause I can mash a 3 with ease yet cant get my 4 to parralel. . .Austin