• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Piche

• OldGuy

• John Wood

• terry

Mine should be here today. Unfortuatly my right elbow is bothering my from too many #3 attempts and some card ripping yesterday. I guess I can test it out with my left hand until my right elbow feels better. I haven't decided whether to install it on my #2, PDA .280 or my #3 yet. I'll probably try all 3 and see how it feels on each.

Edited by Incindium

man..........I'm gonna def. need a vise to get this thing on my #3 and my .295!!

It's a piece of cake to get on my #3. :cool

I've had no problems getting it on my GM , .280, or #3, and I'm not near looking at the #3 yet. Still am working on my GM (One of the batch that came out like SM's). Don't imagine that anybody should have any trouble installing it on these grippers.

And I love my CC. Its great. Thanks Bill/ John for a hell of a product. Looking forward to giving it more use.

Depends on how close you want the handles, if it is hard to put on or not.

True. I need a vice to put it on a 4. I can't close it with one hand, hold it, and then put it on. :D

Both. With the plate in position the handles of the gripper will be closer together. You will need a vice for anything harder than a .295 to use the choker plus plate.

I've been training grip for over a year now but have to admit that my right hand was torn up after last night. I set my #3 to P1 and gave it 6 or 7 attempted singles. I guess that with the CC on, I was positioning the gripper differently than say, during the last year, the results: missing a good sized patch of skin on my palm. I guess this was because with the handles closer, the proper set position becomes more obvious. Well I guess I just haven't been setting properly. Lesson learned. In a few days I'll temper my enthusiasm and just use it for 3 or 4 attempted singles per workout. We'll see. Great product, worth every penny. I 'd like to hear comments from anyone else who purchased a choker collar, what their impressions of it are.

The retaining plate should be removed for larger grippers.

The collar slips on prior to full close normally.

Also, it will vary in fit depending on the gripper as the grippers vary in many aspects as we all know.

I just got mine tonight finally :) With the help of my girlfriend to screw in the plate for me I got it on my #3 fairly easily(I closed it on my leg and she secured the plate. This puts it a little closer than an inch apart. This is perfect for what I was wanting it for, helping me on the close of that last part. I've since moved it to my PDA .280 since I can hold negatives with it closer to shut. Heh it's kinda like doing partials with weights but for grippers. Pretty cool in my book. This should be my ticket to strengthing that last cm of the close.

Edited by Incindium

I've since realized that I can get collar with the the plate on and off my .280 and my #2 pretty easily. I'm using the .270 for negatives and the #2 to really practice getting the close strong. Man it's really hitting my ring an pinky fingers hard. I've also got some nice new brusies in my palms and my pinkies are all red from from this. One other good thing is that this partial movement isn't stressing my elbow like a full range close has been so I can still train my right hand even though my elbow has been sore from trying at card tearing and attempts at the #3 this last week.

Edited by Incindium

I am fortunate in having a very good sweep. Because of this, for the time being I am going to train exclusively on the PDA choker. Using for now a PDA SOS .295 gripper.

I just got mine tonight finally :) With the help of my girlfriend to screw in the plate for me I got it on my #3 fairly easily(I closed it on my leg and she secured the plate. This puts it a little closer than an inch apart. This is perfect for what I was wanting it for, helping me on the close of that last part. I've since moved it to my PDA .280 since I can hold negatives with it closer to shut. Heh it's kinda like doing partials with weights but for grippers. Pretty cool in my book. This should be my ticket to strengthing that last cm of the close.

I don't know if I received a lemon choker or not. But there is no way I can put it on the #3 with the plate. As a matter of fact if I do not put some kind of resistance divice like the plate on there, the chocker does not work at all on my #3. I had to drill some other holes in the choker to get the #3 to only 1 1/2 inches apart and then bolt on the plate. I really bought the choker so I could set it to where the handles are parrallel. I am probabley going to contact them to see what the problem is :(

The problem is you didn't read my post two above yours. The grippers VARY and the plate should not normally be used on the larger grippers. It won't fit! Plus, you won't be slipping the collar on at full close. You have to put the collar over the gripper and then close it and find the sweet spot for THAT particular gripper.

It won't fit the same on two different grippers to due variances (much more than we thought even) in the grippers.

The retaining plate should be removed for larger grippers.

The collar slips on prior to full close normally.

Also, it will vary in fit depending on the gripper as the grippers vary in many aspects as we all know.

I don't know if I received a lemon choker or not. But there is no way I can put it on the #3 with the plate. As a matter of fact if I do not put some kind of resistance divice like the plate on there, the chocker does not work at all on my #3. I had to drill some other holes in the choker to get the #3 to only 1 1/2 inches apart and then bolt on the plate. I really bought the choker so I could set it to where the handles are parrallel. I am probabley going to contact them to see what the problem is :(

One other thing, there IS no standard "distance" to get it to. It will yet again depend on your particular grippers.

I placed my order for a choker collar to PDA awhile ago. It should be coming any day now. As soon as it arrives, I will be happy to provide a complete accounting of its use.

I just looked at the directions myself. It seems no one is reading them.

Here's a direct quote from the instructions with regards to the retainer plate:

Note the Auxiliary Plate for smaller TSGs has been installed.

Since when is a #3 a smaller gripper!? :D

Also, there's specific instructions for installing it including pictures to boot.