My Grip Log

Clay Edgin

2/25/04

Have done some workouts since the 17th, but nothing really noteworthy. Shawn came over last night and we did some gripper stuff and played with the Inch bell. Got some decent video too, but we mostly just played around. Porkbone sent me his really hard Elite, which is what he got when he ordered a Mash Monster replica from Warren Tetting. This is also the gripper that Heath does in his latest video.

Warmup

12 reps with store bought gripper each hand, then inverted for same

#2 close

#3 close

Workout

#3 no-set close each hand, but not at the same time

Double #3 close at same time

Close Porkbone Elite (set it, let it sit at parallel, then slammed it shut and knocked out 6 reps on it - cool video of this one)

Close Porkbone Elite with right hand while closing single stamped #3 in left hand

Close and hold RB300 with choker

1 #4 attempt after all this; got it to 1/8" with a deep set.

Shawn lifted the Inch dumbbell to above knee level again, and I lifted it to lockout for the first time, although the attempt we have of me doing it on video only goes to above knee level. We also got Shawn's lift on tape. What I usually do when the bell on the ground is grab it, tilt up the back bell, then use my left hand to support the back bell while I am repositioning my right hand a bit. Then I let go with the left hand and lift it with the right. That's not a "pure" lift of the bell by the gripboard's rules but it's a PR for me.

I take it your working towards certification now! Do you ever do negatives with a hrder gripper?

Edited by JeffPeterson

Nah, I don't do negatives too often. The closest to a negative I will do is do an attempt on it and try to hold it for a few seconds even if it doesn't close all the way.

As for certifying, yes, I'd like to get that done as soon as possible! Just have to get comfortably consistent with it.

Edited by ClayEdgin