Captains of crush #2 (no set only) brought out on the town

1 minute ago, Climber028 said:

You're way off. Decades of research puts average dyno readings for a healthy adult male between 50-65kg. Whatever you think a 100lb ring takes to close is probably not 100lbs. 

There was a good article on declining hand strength in men, which I think was based on dyno readings from 30 years ago and today.  If I can find it I will post (I may have gotten it from here actually).  Basically, it said that average healthy young men 30 years ago had about 20 pounds better crush than the same demographic today.  It was all near 100 dyno (I think the 30 years ago was a little over and today a little under).

7 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Just curious:  what would you say is a rough comparison of DYNO to gripper number, for say, COC 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4?  I know it would vary by set and individual, and even by which DYNO is used, but just curious because I like numbers and comparisons.

On the dynamos I have usually 50-70% of what you can do on them will translate to gripper RGC. Depending on how much skill you have on each implement. People that try for the first time will obvisulsy be in the lower spectrum. People who can close COC#4 will surely be a lot higher. I personally is usually around 65%.

I think fore someone that can do 200# RGC close would be roughly in that area as well.

1 minute ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I really woudn't know.  But people are buying it and rarely close it. I have read their replies.

Easy rule of thumb, if you ever buy a grip tool and it has a strength rating, it's marketing. RGC is the only current exception to this. 

1 minute ago, Vinnie said:

There was a good article on declining hand strength in men, which I think was based on dyno readings from 30 years ago and today.  If I can find it I will post (I may have gotten it from here actually).  Basically, it said that average healthy young men 30 years ago had about 20 pounds better crush than the same demographic today.  It was all near 100 dyno (I think the 30 years ago was a little over and today a little under).

It's worse, the average female from 1985 is the same as the average male from 2015, both 18 years of age. The difference between the genders is also shrinking. Nothing we all have to worry about being so much above average. 

Easy rule of thumb, if you ever buy a grip tool and it has a strength rating, it's marketing. RGC is the only current exception to this. 

I am comparing 100 lbs rubber ring to coc #1 and it is the same. If someone can crush no #1 he will also get 100 lbs rubber ring. And those are ofcourse, no less, than ALL healthy men! ;)

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That’s exactly what I did. Try what’s comfortable first, and then proper hand placement. Of course it was proper no set placement I showed them, not CCS or MMS. I mentioned that in one of my first posts when @EricMilfeld asked the same question. 

I know, I was asking for clarification. Maybe you adjusted how you showed the set, seeing as how your first outing was unsuccessful. Have you considered showing the next batch of guys how to MMS? MMS is where you see max gripper power from the vast majority.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Goran Paulinič said:

I am comparing 100 lbs rubber ring to coc #1 and it is the same. If someone can crush no #1 he will also get 100 lbs rubber ring. And those are ofcourse, no less, than ALL healthy men! ;)

You can't accurately say it's the same, that's just what it feels like. We have real data on grip strength we don't have to guess. 

You can't accurately say it's the same, that's just what it feels like. We have real data on grip strength we don't have to guess. 

I just squeezed both with my right hand. Ring is slightly more hard. Hardly noticeable.

I only tried a hand dyno once and it's because I really wanted to so I randomly walked into a chiropractor office and asked the lady behind the desk if they had one lol. This was in my 20's.

She said yes I believe we do, why? I said can I try it lol. She went and got it and I pegged it at 200lbs which is all it went to.  She was blown away she yelled for the chiropractor to come see and he was impressed too. They said no one has maxed it out or even come close.

Then my buddy and I left.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Goran Paulinič said:

I just squeezed both with my right hand. Ring is slightly more hard. Hardly noticeable.

Again, that is a feeling. You are not a machine. The differences in shapes can cause a difference in force application that a human could not perceive. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, king crusher said:

I only tried a hand dyno once and it's because I really wanted to so I randomly walked into a chiropractor office and asked the lady behind the desk if they had one lol. This was in my 20's.

She said yes I believe we do, why? I said can I try it lol. She went and got it and I pegged it at 200lbs which is all it went to.  She was blown away she yelled for the chiropractor to come see and he was impressed too. They said no one has maxed it out or even come close.

Then my buddy and I left.

You should train grip. Did anybody told you that?

21 minutes ago, IROC-Z said:

I still find it very hard to believe that it's so difficult to find somebody who can close a #2.  I've never carried a gripper around with me and asked people to take a shot at it, but this thread is making me want to do so.  As I said earlier, most of the posters in this thread are talking like a #2 gripper is a difficult feat of strength.  I think that's just downright laughable.  My 15-year-old son weighs 140lbs and he can close a #2.  It shouldn't be that tough to find a grown man who can do the same...……...

There is a difference between trained grip feat and not trained grip feat. Closing #2 without any trainning is no joke and it is a feat to admire. Hardly closing no. 2 after a year of trainning grip is poor performance.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Boulderbrew said:

I know, I was asking for clarification. Maybe you adjusted how you showed the set, seeing as how your first outing was unsuccessful. Have you considered showing the next batch of guys how to MMS? MMS is where you see max gripper power from the vast majority.

Nope. Only no set closes. That’s how I do it and what I prefer. Others that want to test the other sets, the floor is yours.

Might want to lead with TNS only, save a few pages of drama. That's much harder to get a feel for than doing a light set with no gripper experience.

I'd fail that test with an average #2 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Might want to lead with TNS only, save a few pages of drama. That's much harder to get a feel for than doing a light set with no gripper experience.

Every person that doesn’t know grippers that sees a set outside of a TNS or NS says “cheater” right off the bat. They don’t understand it and they don’t respect it outSide the grip community. To them it’s like placing a bunch blocks on your chest and doing a partial bench and calling it a full rep. So, for all intents and purposes it will remain a no set by placing it in the hand with no off hand involvement of pre closing. Like I said, anyone else that wants to test it the other ways, have at it. Would love to see the results.... but this is how I’m doing it. 

5 minutes ago, wobbler said:

And yes maybe I’ll change the title to be more clear!👍

Back in the day when I was a doorman (2003-2004) at a big night club  I trained CofC grippers at work on the down times..  Started carrying a #2 in my pocket and handed it to regulars and their buddies, only one guy closed it ever (or within a mm for sure)... he was an electrician who admitted his wire snippers he used daily were dull and he really had to clamp on them all the time lol.

Probably had at least 70 guys try it. even gave pointers.

This is a 20 something bar crowd though, remember....  but its all farmer territory were I live so half of them were country guys.....

Edited by BradProv
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Apparently some people have found a lot who can. I have not. 

Only in Texas. The rest of country is a bunch of pansies. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BradProv said:

Back in the day when I was a doorman (2003-2004) at a big night club  I trained CofC grippers at work on the down times..  Started carrying a #2 in my pocket and handed it to regulars and their buddies, only one guy closed it ever (or within a mm for sure)... he was an electrician who admitted his wire snippers he used daily were dull and he really had to clamp on them all the time lol.

Probably had at least 70 guys try it. even gave pointers.

This is a 20 something bar crowd though, remember.... lol

Well, you clearly were not a a doorman in Texas. 🥁 🤡 

Lol okay.... I’ll tell all you guys that swear up and down #2 closes are some super duper rare feat exactly what you want to be told...

you are sooo strong for closing a #3. You are true rare elite genetics. You deserve a throne, complete with full time fluffers, servers, and anything you want at you’re beck and call. Because you are a higher being genetically. And no man out there can close a #2 besides others that share you’re elite genetics.

....is that what some of you are farming this thread to hear?😂

next thread will be about how no one can just lift the inch first try. Or, because you’ve never witnessed it, then it doesn’t happen, rather. Sigh.

this thread is for everyone who thinks they are monster crushers with #2+ closes to suck their own D. So you’ll have to forgive me for not playing along or encouraging it.

Edited by Tommy J.
  • Haha 1

bad link

Edited by Chez
bad link

2 minutes ago, Tommy J. said:

Lol okay.... I’ll tell all you guys that swear up and down #2 closes are some super duper rare feat exactly what you want to be told...

you are sooo strong for closing a #3. You are true rare elite genetics. You deserve a throne, complete with full time flutters, servers, and anything you want at you’re beck and call. Because you are a higher being genetically. And no man out there can close a #2 besides others that share you’re elite genetics.

....is that what some of you are farming this thread to hear?😂

next thread will be about how no one can just lift the inch first try. Or, because you’ve never witnessed it, then it doesn’t happen, rather. Sigh.

this thread is for everyone who thinks they are monster crushers with #2+ closes to suck their own D. So you’ll have to forgive me for not playing along or encouraging it.

Tommy,

You seem to be one of the only ones that have found #2 closers on the first try. I’m almost certain these weren’t no set closes, so I can see you have, but I can tell you no one has come even close to no setting the #2 first try with he pool I am testing .This isn’t about us being stronger because we can close a number 2 or above, or performing fellatio on ones self, as you put it  it’s about seeing who in the general public can close the #2 in the no set fashion. Enjoy it for what it is, or don’t. It seems to be irritating you quite a bit though and I can’t understand why. Or why you think anyone is tooting their own horns because of it. This is purely for fun, just like grip in general is. No ones getting paid for this crap.  In the long run, no one gives a damn what we lift, what grippers we can close or what steel we can bend outside of the people I can count on my fingers and thumbs on my 2 hands (and that’s pushing it).... so, enjoy it for what it is and try not to take it so seriously. 

4 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Tommy,

You seem to be one of the only ones that have found #2 closers on the first try. I’m almost certain these weren’t no set closes, so I can see you have, but I can tell you no one has come even close to no setting the #2 first try with he pool I am testing .This isn’t about us being stronger because we can close a number 2 or above, or performing fellatio on ones self, as you put it  it’s about seeing who in the general public can close the #2 in the no set fashion. Enjoy it for what it is, or don’t. It seems to be irritating you quite a bit though and I can’t understand why. Or why you think anyone is tooting their own horns because of it. This is purely for fun, just like grip in general is. No ones getting paid for this crap.  In the long run, no one gives a damn what we lift, what grippers we can close or what steel we can bend outside of the people I can count on my fingers and thumbs on my 2 hands (and that’s pushing it).... so, enjoy it for what it is and try not to take it so seriously. 

I’m not sure if you fully digested my last post? It’s obvious I’m not taking any of you serious. The one that appears to be on a mission here is you. 🤷🏼‍♂️

And yes, they were no set closes. As was mine the first time I tried and closed a #2. Then about 1 month later when I hooked up with Paul and Eric, they showed me how to set and I closed a #3 that day.

and in all honesty, in many cases I don’t even actively look for grip guys. They sort of get brought to my attention by others. Like the night Tanner showed up at arm wrestling practice and and lifted the inch. Everyone at practice blew me up. Pete, the guy that was a friend of my neighbor, just strolled up in my drive way to look at my Road King. Then minutes later spotted my inch and plucked it up off the ground. Same with new mechanics and drivers that roll into the shop. The other mechanics bring them to me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

But then again, this is Texas. Maybe everyone should just revert back to Stephens strongest state thread right now and bow publicly? Because at this point, the evidence is overwhelming that Tx has more unsuspecting beasts walking around than any other state.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2