Captains of crush #2 (no set only) brought out on the town

I bet showing them mms set would make a huge difference from your CCS set

Edited by Lennix

1 hour ago, Climber028 said:

Man we should coordinate where after a bunch of giants fail I walk up and they get to see a featherweight beat their max

I'll come, too - be like what's this?  Then do a few TNS reps in each hand simultaneously, lol.

19 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

So your bench press buddy can't chest crush a Tetting SE? I always wondered how much hand strength is really involved in chest crushing grippers. To me it feels like it has very little to do with hand strength but maybe that's because my hands are stronger than my shoulders and chest?

I can chest crush my hard #4 for reps and I only bench 315-320. Its all chest and shoulders no grip really needed 

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Findings of my 2nd outing with the # 2 gripper to my local barber shop that is also next door to a meat head gym with the big tractor tires outside. One or two of them always makes their way in as well as many working men that live in my rural community. 2 meat heads walk in. Very thick and forearms on par with mine. The barber knows I grip and started telling them about it. They appeared interested .  I just so happened to have my trusty number 2 in my pocket. Asked them if they wanted a go. Yea, they did. The first guy who was the bigger of the 2 tries it. Gets it parallel and was like “yea I closed it”. I made him aware the handles needed to touch. He tried again and not even close. He was extremely frustrated.

Second guy had the same exact results. No more than parallel. The bigger guy claimed a 600 pound deadlift. 

The rest of the patrons tried and not one of them came close as well.  

And the search continues..... 

Those were abusing PED and as we know PED have detrimental effect on grip strength. It is so obviuos.

Just now, king crusher said:

I can chest crush my hard #4 for reps and I only bench 315-320. Its all chest and shoulders no grip really needed 

Ok, I've managed the RB365 which averages 229# on CPW. I can't press anything, not even if my life depended on it.

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Find a yard or lawn crew and approach them with the gripper. Hand it to a thick looking driver or equipment operator. Hand it to a mailman. Go to a rodeo and hand it to a steer wrestler or a bull or bronc rider. Find a guy with a dirt bike in the back of his truck and ask him to try it. I’m betting you'll be surprised. Not only will most of those guys take it further than any of the cliche meat heads, but it’s likely a random guy like I mention will be you’re man.

I had two big air conditioner installers ask me what the grippers out on a table were, and they tried them (by bigger I mean over 200 pounds, one might have been 250, and they looked young and fit).  The bigger one almost got the 1.5, the other was not even close.  Neither could get close on a 2.  To support Joe's point, I do think it is rare that an untrained person can get the 2, but to support Tommy's point, these two manual laborers were better than anyone from my law office.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Didn’t show them CCS. I showed them no set.  

Sorry misread, I'm not surprised people cant noset the 1.5 and 2 on the first try.I would be very surprised if you couldn't find one to mms the 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lennix said:

Sorry misread, I'm not surprised people cant noset the 1.5 and 2 on the first try.I would be very surprised if you couldn't find one to mms the 2. 

Apparently some people have found a lot who can. I have not. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You just show them how to do it. ;) I will go around with my #1. No. 2 is way beyond normal humans. Just to see what's going on. And I will show them how to do mms set.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I don't think it's common.

I've tested quite a lot of people with my dynamometers and adult males usually get a reading between 50-65 kg. That will not translate to a #2 close at first try.

46 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

So your bench press buddy can't chest crush a Tetting SE? I always wondered how much hand strength is really involved in chest crushing grippers. To me it feels like it has very little to do with hand strength but maybe that's because my hands are stronger than my shoulders and chest?

Probably could if I showed him how. He has very small hands though. Short guy. Really only trains the bench press and arms. 

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I've tested quite a lot of people with my dynamometers and adult males usually get a reading between 50-65 kg. That will not translate to a #2 close at first try.

I can tell you that the dynamometer numbers do not translate to my gripper numbers... if we are going by what the ratings of the grippers say. I can squeeze way over 200 on a dyno.... but my no set grippers is in the 160s. I don’t think they are comparable. 

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Just curious:  what would you say is a rough comparison of DYNO to gripper number, for say, COC 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4?  I know it would vary by set and individual, and even by which DYNO is used, but just curious because I like numbers and comparisons.

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I can tell you that the dynamometer numbers do not translate to my gripper numbers... if we are going by what the ratings of the grippers say. I can squeeze way over 200 on a dyno.... but my no set grippers is in the 160s. I don’t think they are comparable. 

Definitely they are not comnparable pound for pound.  I've gotten 212 or so on a Baseline Dyno and my best MMS is in the 150s.  But there might be a rough correlation multiplier.  Maybe dyno is somewhere between 3/2 to 4/3 RGC.

2 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Yes, yes, but I know my dynamos, I know how to compare :) 

No way that every man can squeeze 100 lbs rubber ring. That is even less than 50-65 kg force on dyno. What are you testing man? Dynosaurus?

Edited by Goran Paulinič

1 minute ago, Goran Paulinič said:

No way that every man can squeeze 100 lbs rubber ring. That is even less than 50-65 kg force on dyno. What are you testing man? Dynosaurus?

Apparanetly a lot stronger people than you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Just curious:  what would you say is a rough comparison of DYNO to gripper number, for say, COC 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4?  I know it would vary by set and individual, and even by which DYNO is used, but just curious because I like numbers and comparisons.

I got 287 lbs on the digital baseline Tim has and at the time I was 200 rgc mms. I think on a good day I could have maxed it at 300

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tommy J. said:

Find a yard or lawn crew and approach them with the gripper. Hand it to a thick looking driver or equipment operator. Hand it to a mailman. Go to a rodeo and hand it to a steer wrestler or a bull or bronc rider. Find a guy with a dirt bike in the back of his truck and ask him to try it. I’m betting you'll be surprised. Not only will most of those guys take it further than any of the cliche meat heads, but it’s likely a random guy like I mention will be you’re man.

I still find it very hard to believe that it's so difficult to find somebody who can close a #2.  I've never carried a gripper around with me and asked people to take a shot at it, but this thread is making me want to do so.  As I said earlier, most of the posters in this thread are talking like a #2 gripper is a difficult feat of strength.  I think that's just downright laughable.  My 15-year-old son weighs 140lbs and he can close a #2.  It shouldn't be that tough to find a grown man who can do the same...……...

• Like 2

Just now, Fist of Fury said:

Apparanetly a lot stronger people than you.

Ok. If they're stronger they must rep coc #2.5. Don't be rude pal.

3 minutes ago, Goran Paulinič said:

No way that every man can squeeze 100 lbs ring. That is even less than 50-65 kg force on dyno. What are you testing man? Dynosaurus?

You're way off. Decades of research puts average dyno readings for a healthy adult male between 50-65kg. Whatever you think a 100lb ring takes to close is probably not 100lbs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

I got 287 lbs on the digital baseline Tim has and at the time I was 200 rgc mms. I think on a good day I could have maxed it at 300

That 300 would be 3:2, and the 287 is between 3:2 and 4:3, so I am probably about right on the very general range then.

Just now, Climber028 said:

You're way off. Decades of research puts average dyno readings for a healthy adult male between 50-65kg. Whatever you think a 100lb ring takes to close is probably not 100lbs. 

I really woudn't know.  But people are buying it and rarely close it. I have read their replies.

2 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

That 300 would be 3:2, and the 287 is between 3:2 and 4:3, so I am probably about right on the very general range then.

When I saw your number on time dyno that day it just confirmed what we both know, your crush is stronger than your max mms would imply. Your poor set strength and technique is holding you back. If you improve on it, you would close bigger grippers but we already know that 

• Like 1