Gripper Rankings

Bernie Hunt

no i was just kidding

the way i'm going i'll probly close the #3 in 30 years lol

i also think it is impossible to close that thing, even a #4 is hard to belive.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HAMMERHEAD

• Bill Piche

• SilentDude

• urbandruid

okie dokie... ran these through my calculator, and the best equation it came up with (that didn't go back down) was quadratic. and it came out pretty accurate (99.35 pecent I think) so, the next four after COC4 (going by the poundage posted on Iron mind and spring thickness) would be around 425 lbs, 475 lbs, 525 lbs, and 575 lbs... looking at the numbers I see 50 lb intervals, and that seems like it makes sense. I don't see them being closed in the near future. if there are different numbers you guy's want plugged in to make the equation... lemme know, cause for the COC tensions I used 100, 140, 195, 280 and 365lbs. any Idea when those grippers are due for release?

Fat chance you or anyone will close it.

Why not? we know theirs a grip monster out there waitin' to be found.

Besides you think back in the day anybody thought an 800 lb. bench would be accomplished? how about a 1000 lb. squat?

anything is possible.

I'd take you're bet but theres a chance neither of us will be around and I would like to get my money :whistel

Fat chance you or anyone will close it.

Why not? we know theirs a grip monster out there waitin' to be found.

Besides you think back in the day anybody thought an 800 lb. bench would be accomplished? how about a 1000 lb. squat?

anything is possible.

I'd take you're bet but theres a chance neither of us will be around and I would like to get my money :whistel

You analogies are not good ones.

Unless we start using hydraulic assist splints on our hands. :laugh

Guest gripmaster316

I definitely think some of those far off grippers will perhaps never be closed. But the World Class?? I think someone will close it.

Besides you think back in the day anybody thought an 800 lb. bench would be accomplished?

Nobody has yet. If you watch the 875 bench video, you'll notice the way he's forced to PULL the bar towards his body. The last time I checked, if a human being attempts an 875lb bench, there is no part of the movement where the lifter struggles to pull the weight to the chest. Usually, gravity takes care of this. Not anymore!

There is a way to adapt to these new grippers:

I think perhaps it's time for the grip world to develop and use triple-ply denim gripper gloves. Just design a heavy duty glove in the shape of a fist, re-enforce it beyond imagine. Then, get three "spotters" to cram the World Class Gripper into the permanently closed hand, and let the guy finish off the last 5 mm. This of course would be after a 5 year steroid cycle, and his recent speech to a high school chapter of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes about the evils of steroids and how drug free is the only way to be.

Then the "new and improved" grip world can boast about the "progress" of their sport and point out how at one time the World Class Gripper and beyond were once considered a novelty item.

Then when questioned about the glove and drug use, the lifter can say "Place a bottle of testosterone and my triple-ply denim fist-glove on the ground and watch how many grippers they close. NONE. Hard work is the only way to accomplish your goals".

Then we can all sit back and laugh when they argue why their "new and improved" sport is not part of the Olympics. :erm:blink Sorry about that. Got carried away. All apologizes in advance.

Okay guys point taken I'm assuming you two are referring to the shirts or whatever? I have no Idea of how those work so I didn't think they made that big of a differnce.

But, you got to admit that you want someone to close it atleast?

bench shirts, from what I understand, normally only add 100 to 150 lbs to the bench... and yeah, that's kinda significant, but not really when you consider how much they hurt, how much training with them you have to do to capitalize on wearing one. Appearently they hurt a Four score and seven years ago I am the MAN because I swear and I want everyone to know how manly I am by using profanity.ing lot... I mean a shitload. They're just a really thick, really solid, really small (for the body they have to go around) shirt. and like I said, it's not something you can just slip on (you can't really "just slip" into them anyways) and add 150 lbs to your bench. you really have to train with them.

Wow those shirts sound legit. :unsure:dry Mabey we should bet a gripper glove? I'm sure since I'd have to train with it that it shouldn't make a difference. :yikes

-HH

hey, i wasn't trying to say that it's the same as benching without one. to be honest I don't think it's comparable. it's two different things. All I was trying to say was that it's respectable in it's own way. nobody gives anyone shit when they use a weight belt instead of training their abs better, but that weight might stay on the floor if he didn't.

Upon rereading this thread I gotta admit, it started out well and went the way of knucklehead.

I know there is variation but the wire diameter is about as good as it gets.

Back to the ranking (This only applies to Warren's and Ironmind's grippers. It doesn't apply to PDA at the moment because I only own the 280 and the 295 is in the mail. These two wire diameters are not offered my Ironmind or Warren.)

Even though some of Warrens grippers have the same spring diameter ,ie. the Master and the #2, the Master (in this case) tends to be a little easier. This is due to the fact that Warren's grippers are a little narrower. Is this bad? Nope. It's different. In fact, I personally love the fact because I don't have a use for two identicle grippers. For example, my Master has the same spring size as my #2, but it is narrower. As a result, the Master was a great tool to help me dominate the #2.

Here are how my grippers rank, easiest to hardest.

1. Trainer

2. Advanced

4. Master

6. Super Master

7. PDA 280

9. Elite

10. Grand Elite.

Remember my list isn't complete for those hovering around the #1-#2 range. There is a Heavy Advance which would probably be between a #1 and a Master. I also don't have a Grand Master but I PM'd Bender and he said it was between his 280 and his #3. (This GM was from a good batch not one of the few from the defective batch. Bender has one of those as well.)

As I get new grippers feel free to ask where they rank with my others. I hope this will help somebody who is trying to find a gripper to help with their goals.

-HH

For the new guys out there. Just because the Elite is "rated" below a #3 on a couple websites, IT MEANS NOTHING. Go by/buy the information you can get off Gripboard it is considerably more accurate. If you real picky call Warren and have him build it to suit.

-HH

Ironmind and Weightlifters Wearhouse. The "ratings" mean very little, especially when compared to one another. The only real way to compare grippers is by wire diameter. And yes I know handle spread and spring depth make a difference.

I was comparing Tetting and Ironmind and how close/different they're grippers can be. I also threw in my PDA 280 as a reference, and it fell in where it should just below the #3 which has a little bigger spring diameter.

Can't compare RB grippers, don't hanve any. :( OH well. I'll make due. :D

Good luck to every new guy out there who may benefit from this! I know this thread would have saved me some time a year ago.

-HH

• 2 months later...

Does anyone own the RB grippers? If so maybe they could rate them as to where they fall in easy to hard compared to the other grippers. Maybe even measure them for wire size. Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...

10 years ago people may have thought that a #1(if it was even around) was impossable!... I think a World Class will eventually be closed in 5 or 6 years. At the pace that Nathan Holle is at right now... it will eventually be done :ohmy

What?!!?!? Maybe A #4.. 10 years ago Richard Sorin and a number of other men have had closed a #3. I would say 500 years ago there was still a man capable of closing a #2...

I think that at the pace that Nathan Holle is at right now he should close the World Class in a few years...

I think that at the pace that Nathan Holle is at right now he should close the World Class in a few years...

Sorry, but no. Not unless the World Class is tampered with.