Gripper Rankings

Bernie Hunt

The following is a list I got from Warren Tettings showing the wire sizes used for the Beef Builder and Captains of Crush grippers. Note, The last four Beef Builders are show as their intentional sizes in the future, but are not availabe in these sizes as of this posting.

.225 BB Beginner

.225 COC T

.235 COC #1

.235 BB Advanced

.250 BB Super Advanced

.260 BB Master

.260 COC #2

.275 BB Super Master

.281 COC #3

.281 BB Grand Master

.293 BB Elite

.306 BB Super Elite

.312 COC #4

.312 BB Grand Elite

.331 BB World Class

.345 BB Galaxy

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

The usual disclaimers apply. All grippers are unique and different in their performance. Contents may have settled during shipping; unauthorized use prohibited; price may be higher in Hawaii and Alaska; plus tax, title, tags and license; driver on closed track; any resemblance to persons living or dead is coincidental; some assembly required; no purchase necessary; void where prohibited; objects in terminal may be closer than they appear; your mileage may vary; contains material some viewers may find objectionable; available for a limited time only while supplies last; not liable for damages due to use or misuse; do not use if safety seal is broken; and no animals were used in the development of this information.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HAMMERHEAD

• Bill Piche

• SilentDude

• urbandruid

.345 BB Galaxy

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

I wonder what the purpose of making THREE of grippers like this? Besides something to put on a coffee table? Assuming my World Class is the same thickness as the one listed here.

.345 BB Galaxy

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

I wonder what the purpose of making THREE of grippers like this? Besides something to put on a coffee table? Assuming my World Class is the same thickness as the one listed here.

This IS getting ridiculous.

.345 BB Galaxy

.362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy

Wanna,

He said that the current World Class is a .345, but that he's moving it down in wire size to make room for the .362 and .375. I didn't ask what he was going to do about marking them different or showing a difference between new and old.

Guest gripmaster316

Who knows?? Maybe in a few years when the four closers think the four is getting easy (not likely) they will want to advance to stupid new hieghts. I am pretty sure Nathan Holle isn't even close to peaking his strength. So maybe in a few years these grippers won't be so much of a joke.

Honestly I like the fact that there aemore grippers stronger than the #4. It's just more for me to close. It's a challenge. How does the WT compare to those anyway?

I am pretty sure Nathan Holle isn't even close to peaking his strength. So maybe in a few years these grippers won't be so much of a joke.

How would you know this? Just because of where he is at now? Who is to say he didn't get to his potential quicker?

I will bet you 100 bucks right now. They will continue to be a joke in a few years.

How some of this thinking occurs, is beyond me. :whacked

What about in 10 years????

I will still take the bet. ;)

For example, pole vaulters will exceed 50 feet in 10 years since they are doing 20 feet now. In other words, there's limit to human potential.

No one will be closing the World Class...ever. I'll take anyone who wants to bet on this.

There are certainly limits. Like someone told me before. You cant run 100 meters in 0.00 seconds.

It is very hard to tell where the limits are. But I do think that the potential exists in a few people to go beyond the #4. But not much beyond. It is like trying to run 100 meters in 9 seconds instead of 10 seconds. The difference is SO big but still just a second.

What if You Ran faster than light??? :tongue Sorry, had to throw that in there.

Maybe I'm just optimistic, naive, and all of the above. But I beleive that the limits are NEAR endless. As the saying Goes "Whether you Think you Can or Think you Can't, Your Right."

Wanna, If your willing to bet in a couple years I'll be there. But not yet. this is about Closing the World Class. I'm not willing to bet as of yet. But give me a couple years and if Were still around then I'll be there to bet. Unless my hands break that is. But I would like to have a nice Friendly bet in the next couple years. ;) . But not quite yet. I do agree even in the next 10-20 years that the .362 BB Super Galaxy

.375 BB Grand Galaxy will be a joke. But sooner or later they willbe closed. Whether it be 100 years or 1000 years. Thats to say Gripsters will be around then.

Anyway as soon as i close the #4, I'll be willing to bet. How much you willing to offer? :whistel Just wondering... :inno

point taken lol. But hey if you go so fast you go back in time.. Could have negative seconds lol. Just messing though, Not quite smart enough yet to go into all the physics, and prove time travel lol

So in this case you would start the clock when the runner reached the finish time, and then see how long it takes for him to leave the starting blocks??? :blink Good grief. Relativity is confusing.

That's why I'm not gonna major in mathmatics :tongue. Technically the Runner would see himself before he left the finish line. anyway back to the topic. I beleive The WC will be closed... As a matetr of fact maybe somone should make this a topic somwhere else. This is a Q & A. Not really a Debating place.

Edited by ssj50matrix

No one will be closing the World Class...ever. I'll take anyone who wants to bet on this.

Agreed. I think the WC is not possible.

Guest gripmaster316
There are certainly limits. Like someone told me before. You cant run 100 meters in 0.00 seconds.

I am interested in stuff like this. I did the math (hopefully correct) and anyone interested in how fast you can do 100 meters at the speed of light is 0.0000001 sec. Its not zero but wow!!!

The 'math' I'd be interested in is the nominal closing pressure required for each of those grippers, in particular the ones above the #4.

The 'math' I'd be interested in is the nominal closing pressure required for each of those grippers, in particular the ones above the #4.

could we make an educated guess based on the ratio of wire size and the pressure needed to close the existing models?

Edited by Vice

• 2 weeks later...

hey wanna i'll bet yeah i think in 30 years i'll close it. i'll be 44 years old but i don't think you'll be alive than naa just kidding

No change from my PM answer.

Fat chance you or anyone will close it.

lol ouch tom, i agree with mostly everybody else WC will never be closed!