"3 1/2" Certification List

EricMilfeld

Joe Kinney is Mr.Crushing grip...not pinch grip, not this or that grip...but simply the crusher. As far as Nathan Hole doing reps with the #4 gripper...there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will do this, if he hasn't done so already! For all around-grip, David Horne has demonstrated more than any other ( living ) person that he is #1 in 2003 ( IMO ).....Ultimately , who cares? Until there is someone like Herman Gorner..someone who is without a doubt ( in most reputable strength athletes minds ) far superior in grip strength, at a given moment in time... there will be continued disagreement with who is the supreme being of grip........too bad Kinney's forte wasn't a strength that accompained precision!!! :mellow

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Matt Van Weele

• mobsterone

• Rob Vigeant

• thomas straub

When I mentioned Joe as being the man it was reffering to crushing grip because members were discussing the #4. I didn't mean to imply he was the best all around.

Matt, if your last reply was directed at me, well...my last reply wasn't directed at you.

Guest gripmaster316

While we are on the subject of #4 I did a little digging for my own personal curiosity. To my shock both the youngest CoC's in the world on the board. I talked to both Jesse Murray and Michael Sanderson (sorry if spelling is wrong). If anyone as the chance to close a 4 it is these two guys. I believe one of these grip monsters has the BBE down (can't remember wich guy). I think it would be cool to see a teenager smash the four.

Matt, if your last reply was directed at me, well...my last reply wasn't directed at you.

No it wasn't directed at you or anyone in particular just trying specify on what I said about Joe.

While we are on the subject of #4 I did a little digging for my own personal curiosity. To my shock both the youngest CoC's in the world on the board. I talked to both Jesse Murray and Michael Sanderson (sorry if spelling is wrong). If anyone as the chance to close a 4 it is these two guys. I believe one of these grip monsters has the BBE down (can't remember wich guy). I think it would be cool to see a teenager smash the four.

Just because they closed it at young age doesn't really mean much. Being young they may change their goals. Plus the #4 is a whole different beast. Ironmind has about a 60-90 pound jump on their ratings. I think going from the #3 to #4 is more like a 200 pound jump.

well, seeming how one of them can leg crush the #4 and HOLD IT!!! i think it won't be to much longer.

well, seeming how one of them can leg crush the #4 and HOLD IT!!! i think it won't be to much longer.

When you say hold it I interpet it as being held closed. I'll believe that when theres some proof somewhere. If you mean hold it in a semi closed postion thats not all that impressive as many can do it. When either closes a legit #4 then people can talk about what an advantage it was to close a #3 so young.

he gave me a email that he said he could leg crush a #4 and hold it closed, i don't know how long though

his name is younggun on the gripboard

he gave me a email that he said he could leg crush a #4 and hold it closed, i don't know how long though

Like I said I'll believe it when I see some proof. If he can hold it closed like you say he should be able to get a pick with it closed or at least in the 1/4 inch range.

Here we go... a really good thread is now dancing on rule #5 :tongue

Let's see a pic, before this gets outta control ;)

-HH

Woooaaahh there buddy! Go back and read what I said, I told you I could close it against my leg after a good set. Nothing was said about holding it that way, the damn thing flies open to parallel. Lets maintain the quality of the Gripboard and put a little more time and effort into our posts. :rock

Back on the topic, I think a 3.something cert. list would be great. Especially when a couple of the Elite modles are harder than a #3, but easier than a #4.

Hell, this is the first time we have a good selection of grippers, and the selection is great! Not only are there a few manufactures of grippers, but there are a wide variety of strengths! Hell, if I was working on the #4, not only would I be using a grip machine, I would give Warren a call and get a couple grippers. (I am not saying you have to be working on te #4 to call Tetting :laugh )

Like I've said before, a good in-between gripper is just as valuable as a good grip machine!

Anybody that takes up grip/strength at a very early age(in there teens or before)and keeps at it should be able i feel to conquere most grip things,as they have laid such a good base of strength throughout those years.

take david Horne as an example,this man has been grip/strength training for over 20years and has built such a massive strength base in grip that even when injured he can still compete at a very high level and beat all or most people,because even injured he is still 75-90%

of his massive base strength,were as most people will lose about 40% of there strength because they have not built as big a base of strength.

This is why alot of farmers are strong,all those years from helping there dads run the farm has built a massive base level of strength.

Look at what youngun,Heath,Nathan and Rick have achieved sofar,

youngun is under 20years old and the others in there twenties,what will these guys be doing if like David they stick at it for 20 plus years.

Woooaaahh there buddy! Go back and read what I said, I told you I could close it against my leg after a good set. Nothing was said about holding it that way, the damn thing flies open to parallel. Lets maintain the quality of the Gripboard and put a little more time and effort into our posts. :rock

oh i see, sorry about that everyone

Woooaaahh there buddy!  Go back and read what I said, I told you I could close it against my leg after a good set.  Nothing was said about holding it that way, the damn thing flies open to parallel.  Lets maintain the quality of the Gripboard and put a little more time and effort into our posts. :rock

oh i see, sorry about that everyone

Maybe you should think before you post and we wouldn't have this confusion.

Maybe you should think before you post and we wouldn't have this confusion.

yaa i do that next time :shifty