Training Log

wsm_fan_uk

Recording 2 workouts in a row...must be something wrong with me!

Rolling Thunder

==========

Right Hand

71.25kg Hover off ground, decrease to 70.625kg.

65kg 5 singles - increase next time to 65.625kg.

Left Hand

66.25 Hover off ground, keep same next time.

60.625kg 5 singles - increase next time to 61.25kg.

Irongrip Replica Two Handed Pinch

======================

Apparatus + 30kg, easy.

Apparatus + 32.5kg, easy.

Ripped a hole in the skin at the base of my thumb the size of my pinkie down to flesh on this lift so switched to 1 hand pinches.

5 - 6 lifts of 2x15kgs both hands, 2 holds of 6-7 secs with right hand, 2-3 secs left handed.

Missed plate curls to spare left wrist, tried reverse curls but still felt dodgy. So I messed about with a couple of sledges.

As I didn't get as much pinching done as I had hoped, so I did some pony clamp squeezes. I will be finishing all grip workouts with pony clamp pinches from now on.

Definately learnt a lesson with the plate wrist curls, I need to take wrist exercises slower to start with. I am starting to think that my right handed max attempts are just conditioning me for failure (a la Pavel) so have cut back the weight, I may consider dropping them completely.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wsm_fan_uk

• Jonathan McMillan

• itch85

• BarBender

Just a quick note, wanted to record a PB and this seemed like as good a place as any. I have got into grippers a bit recently and a few things recently have got me into high volume. Here's the results of my first attempt at a high volume gripper workout:

Right hand, RB160 95 reps - had to stop because the blister on my index finger left some funny liquid on the gripper.

Left hand, RB160 53 reps.

All reps were no set, each set, I did as many reps as I could, sometimes going to failure, sometimes stopping if I though that I would be unlikley to get the next rep.

I look forward to doing this more, looks like a fun way to chase PBs and to toughen up the skin on my fingers.

Just a quick gripper workout tonight, managed three no-set singles with the #2 in my right hand and missed the fourth. Left handed I made 4 close attempts - all under 1/8".

The right handed closes with the #2 were the easiest I have ever made. I am not sure if I can thank my high volume workout, or the fact that the damage it did to my skin forced me to take 4 days off. I plan to build the number of singles I can get with the 2 right handed whilst still getting high volume work with the 160 when possible (time and skin permitting). Left handed I plan to keep gunning for a no-set with the #2. Then it's on to the RB180.

Another volume workout yesterday, hands felt "off". After warmups, I made three no set attempts at the #2 with both hands, lefty all three attempts were nothing like it, righty I got one poor close.

On to the volume, I got 91 RB160 no set closes with my right hand and 25 with my left. If I can get the reps up with my left hand, I would like to file the RB160 but it has a chrome spring, so I don't think that this is a good idea.....christmas is coming so I may have to treat myself to another 160 to file, I feel that my close is my big weakness and am hopeful that this is the solution.