Hypothetical Question

Bill Piche

What were your conclusions and inferences based on John?

No offence to Steve...but he's hardly got the physique you

would immediately associate with steroid use....looking

at him it's not the first thing that would spring to mind!

Well, I clearly read on his forum he used. He had it posted there. But, I wasn't going to bring it up. That's not what this thread was originally about.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• OldGuy

• Roark

• Bill Piche

Precisely. The evidence was always there. Its my site and my posting.

There was only one original arguement viz good or bad re juice use on a CoC 4 closure which (and I'm as guilty of this) veered off onto 'do they work or don't they?' If succesfully argued that they were then its moral if not its ethical/a waste of money/potential(!) risk to health.

There's really only one person you have to prove whether or not you have used (or "dabbled" or however you want to spin it), and that's Strossen himself.

If mob were to close the #4, would Strossen officially recognise it as a legit close?..., or would he say, "Nope, doesn't count due to suspicious use of illegal substances".

Mob, sorry man, but you've dug yourself into a hole on this one. You said you never used, and got caught with your very own words. You are, without any doubt, one of the strongest grip guys on this forum... but that "steroid" label will hang over your head like a sword for the rest of your life regardless of your future accomplishments. And, you must admit, there will be the "doubters" when your name is mentioned. HARSH WORDS I KNOW. :(

There's really only one person you have to prove whether or not you have used (or "dabbled" or however you want to spin it), and that's Strossen himself.

If mob were to close the #4, would Strossen officially recognise it as a legit close?..., or would he say, "Nope, doesn't count due to suspicious use of illegal substances".

Mob, sorry man, but you've dug yourself into a hole on this one. You said you never used, and got caught with your very own words. You are, without any doubt, one of the strongest grip guys on this forum... but that "steroid" label will hang over your head like a sword for the rest of your life regardless of your future accomplishments. And, you must admit, there will be the "doubters" when your name is mentioned. HARSH WORDS I KNOW. :(

Untrue. Feel free to post the section where I stated that I had never 'inhaled'. The only sword above my head is one that you and others like you will place there - ie: a moral judgement of your making not mine. I have already stated that NOT ONE of the feats mentioned on here was done when 'on'.

As for Strossen recognizing the closure as a yes or no - please feel free to look at the list of names on the CoC 3 closures.

Pah. I argued that it was a waste of time. I know it was a waste of time and I NEVER lied. Now I'm getting judgement from on high :blink And we wonder why no one wants to fess up :whacked

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Ok , How about Pro-hormones. I have a friend of mine who calls himself natural . Yet he told me he is spending $300.00 a month on pro-hormones. I have seen the test and his testostrone levels are very high. He would tell if he was really on ,so I know he is not. Is he natural ?????????

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I think the only thing to do with grip in this thread,after 15 pages, is all the scolling down and typing that we are getting !

Lots of people make mistakes-no one is perfect.

Heck-I know a guy that is a State Trooper and he was the biggest drug user/abuser in college. Now-he is a straight shooter-and loves his job.

People can change. Judging someone for what they have done in the past is nonsense. Only that man upstairs can judge you, opinions on this board mean squat after you draw your last breath.

Mob diserves respect. He messed up, he agrees, and he is clean now. Period.

Rick Walker :rock

They did an autopsy and found years of drug abuse. This sold me for life on not doing juice and I was a 500# benchpresser for reps on juice I could have gotten 600#if not more. 30% of the lifters in my gymjice.

Read it again. He says that he could have gotten 600# or more if he was on juice. He does not say he was a 500 # benchpresser on juice.

No typo, just a lack of punctuation.

It was a run-on sentence. I sorry I was typing fast for me and lost control. Put a period after reps. Never have and never will! I don't need to. I have been bless with what I need to get the job done. Thank you God!!

I think it's affecting his memory.

First he says he didn't, then he is busted using his own words, then he admits, "Well, o.k. ya caught me....". :blink

Convince Strossen that steroids don't contribute ANYTHING to strength and performance when it comes to bodybuilding and/or weightlifting.

I think it's affecting his memory.

First he says he didn't, then he is busted using his own words, then he admits, "Well, o.k. ya caught me....". :blink

Convince Strossen that steroids don't contribute ANYTHING to strength and performance when it comes to bodybuilding and/or weightlifting.

Whatever you are taking is affecting your eyesight. Please show me the post where prior to being busted I say 'I never took steroids'. If you can, using just this post/topic as your reference, I'll send wannagrip the $10.00 donation to Cyberpump.

It is affecting your eyesight. Go back and read the older pages.

PAGE 12 - I don't recall saying I used steroids, so be careful not to misquote me. What does that line mean to you?? You're saying "No, I didn't use steroids... and don't accuse me of it either".

PAGE 13 - Ya got me. I had hoped that (this) discussion would enable me to set the point straight without me having to fess up and have myself be judged.

You owe Wanna and the GripBoard ten bucks. Busted again.

Here are a few things that i have thought about since this thread started.And first of all I don't know about the number of COC's that are clean or not?

I do not know what Stossens feeling are about drugs when it comes to closing a #3 or a #4?

AND....I'm not even taking sides here.

BUT.....we would have a whole lot LESS to read about and we would be minus quite a few good photographs IF being 'clean'and/or lifetime drugfree is an absolute must for being written about in MILO?

IF being drug free is NOT an absolute must to have an article written about you in MILO?(or for your photograph to grace the cover or elsewhere in the mag)

Then why would being drug free or 'clean' be part of the criteria when it comes to closures of the #3 or #4?

Why would it not be reported?

Mobster, how do you know that your steroid use didnt contribute to your grip strength?

I don't recall saying I used steroids so be careful not to misquote me.

This is one of my post on page 12.

I don't care what Mob does accomplish strength-wise in his lifetime. He is a VERY stong dude, and I wish I had the kind of strength he does.

But he lied about his steroid usage (albeit brief usage). Then he gets defensive about it when he is caught.

Again, I don't care - I'm NOT Strossen! He lied and was caught. The end - period.

It is affecting your eyesight. Go back and read the older pages.

PAGE 12 - I don't recall saying I used steroids, so be careful not to misquote me. What does that line mean to you?? You're saying "No, I didn't use steroids... and don't accuse me of it either".

PAGE 13 - Ya got me. I had hoped that (this) discussion would enable me to set the point straight without me having to fess up and have myself be judged.

You owe Wanna and the GripBoard ten bucks. Busted again.

Upto and including page 12 I NEVER SAID I WAS USING ROIDS. Your own post shows that you are doing what the person I had a go at was doing. You are reading between the lines, coloring in the gray area, putting words in my mouth. I asked the previous person posting on page 12 not to do that.

Once 'busted' so to speak, I have been as open as I can. My challenge to you has even been misread - 'Please show me the post where prior to being busted I say 'I never took steroids''

Will you pay the $10.00?

I don't care what Mob does accomplish strength-wise in his lifetime.  He is a VERY stong dude, and I wish I had the kind of strength he does.

But he lied about his steroid usage (albeit brief usage).  Then he gets defensive about it when he is caught.

Again, I don't care - I'm NOT Strossen!  He lied and was caught.  The end - period.

:whacked

Thanks for the kinder parts of your post.

Here are a few things that i have thought about since this thread started.And first of all I don't know about the number of COC's that are clean or not?

I do not know what Stossens feeling are about drugs when it comes to closing a #3 or a #4?

AND....I'm not even taking sides here.

BUT.....we would have a whole lot LESS to read about and we would be minus quite a few good photographs IF being 'clean'and/or lifetime drugfree is an absolute must for being written about in MILO?

IF being drug free is NOT an absolute must to have an article written about you in MILO?(or for your photograph to grace the cover or elsewhere in the mag)

Then why would being drug free or 'clean' be part of the criteria when it comes to closures of the #3 or #4?

Why would it not be reported?

I suspect I know the answer and refer to the likes of DW and Joe. There are many, I think you and I can be included Tom, who are great admirers of strength. Within reason the freaks of muscle and those that 'appear' to possess amazing size and strength are inspirational. Sometimes, as with many hobbies, pasttimes, people we idolize, we want to put the person on a pedastal. We don't want to hear that they are a wife beater, that Formula one teams cheat, that the great rare book we have has been signed by a seller and not the author. It somehow tarnishes our own obssession.

I suspect Randall thinks along those lines. If you had the chance to talk that perhaps he would say 'truthfully I, like you, suspect but cannot prove and I am still inspired - its a hell of a photo/lift/accomplishment etc'

Mob, please go back to page 1 and page 2.

PAGE 2 - Question from OldGuy: "Steve, are you saying that you have used drugs and that it did not improve your grip, or are you saying that you know those who do and it has not improved their grip?".

Answer from Mobsterone: "Neither. Do not read into or infer.....".

Question asked and answered. ON PAGE TWO of this thread.

Mob, please go back to page 1 and page 2.

PAGE 2 - Question from OldGuy: "Steve, are you saying that you have used drugs and that it did not improve your grip, or are you saying that you know those who do and it has not improved their grip?".

Answer from Mobsterone: "Neither. Do not read into or infer.....".

Question asked and answered. ON PAGE TWO of this thread.

Blimey. :whacked In other words I wasn't saying I had or had not. How does that suddenly become 'I did' or 'I didn't'.

He asked and I said I wasn't saying one way or another.

Can I explain my response in another way?

Steve can claim that on the gripboard he did not say that he had, or had not used steroids. The point is, that it was known by some that he had previously stated on his own board that he had used them. Steve if steroids had improved your grip would you have continued to use them?

From the Webster's Dictionary of the English Language:

neither: Not either. 1. Not one or the other. 2. Not at all.

not: In no manner, or to no extent or degree.

I could look up the word, "no".... but I'm pretty sure you know what that means.