Hypothetical Question

Bill Piche

From the Webster's Dictionary of the English Language:

neither: Not either. 1. Not one or the other. 2. Not at all.

not: In no manner, or to no extent or degree.

I could look up the word, "no".... but I'm pretty sure you know what that means.

Good. The question was 'are u saying u have never used...' and I answered 'neither...'. I was not saying I had and I was not saying I had not.

Thank you for the fine example from Websters.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• OldGuy

• Roark

• Bill Piche

You didn't say NO directly.... you didn't come right out and say the word, "No". The word "neither" is just as good as no to me.

I did not ask that question before. You took the drugs in the hope of gaining size. If they had happened to increase grip strength would you have continued to use them? You made no admission on this board. You neither admitted or denied using steroids. Did the confession at your board not count and is in some way a seperate thing?

I have dabbled - theres a shock for some. I can state therefore that Dianabol does not affect grip strength at all. Not one iota. I'm stronger without it and all of my best efforts have been off. It has been over a year and as it stands I doubt if I'll give it another go. I will say, however, that i was very, very careful and took all the precautions.

You said that you did take drugs. Maybe not here, but you said it.

Good point, OldGuy.

I think he should of made it perfectly clear at the very beginning of this thread that he had used in the past, INSTEAD of skirting around it and THEN getting caught when he said he didn't use them. And then he gets defensive about it. I say, just don't lie about it. He did use, and he should of said he did AT THE VERY BEGINNING. :angry::angry:

Mobster, I believe that you did not outright deny steroid use on this board. I did not make inferences, put words in your mouth, misquote you, nor get this information second hand and only sought information which was relevant to you and your experiences. I asked the question from prior knowledge gained from the public record posted by you, in your own words, on your own board for all to see. You did not deny use directly but flat out admitted to it and this was the reason for my question.

I didn't join this discussion until much later, but call a spade a spade. I think he lied about his drug usage and skirted the issue and the question about whether or not he did. He used the word "neither", and to me, that's just like saying no.

Let's get back to the original question please!

Thanks guys and gals.

Um, there was an original question? :blink Where?? :blush:(

Sorry Wanna, I am ROTFLMAO!!!! :laugh :stuart :laugh

How about we close this topic it is

way out of control, way off the subject

and getting to the point, of everyone

being very repetative this is just a

personal opinion, but my lord I am

tired of reading the same thing by

a different person over and over etc...

Matt

Yes it would tarnish the closing of a #4, if the person was a known user of steroids. Any admission of steroid use tarnishes everything they do.

Strength is to be amired. Cheating and the deception that goes with it are not to be admired. Even if drugs were used, but did not help to close a #4, the intent to find an easier way was there.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Would it tarnish it ? Not in my mind. Drugs or no drugs you still have to be gifted and train your rear end off to close a #4.

My last word then.

1) Does it tarnish. That's a matter of opinion.

2) Had I taken 'gear' before: yes.

3) Was I asked outright upto John Wood posting the copy from my site? No

4) Had I admitted that I had or had not prior to John's posting? No

5) Was I attempting to mislead? No, I wasn't asked outright and wanted to leave the subject as untarnished as poss.

6) Does 'gear' help grip? Not in my experience.

7) Will Syber admit, even with others saying that I never lied, that I didn't lie? Probably not.

Guest Youngguy

Last time I checked in the drug book one of the indications were that it does not increase athletes strength. But, it does increase growth, so bassicly for juicers it is like constantly going through puberty. It don't make you taller though.

Last time I checked in the drug book one of the indications were that it does not increase athletes strength. But, it does increase growth, so bassicly for juicers it is like constantly going through puberty. It don't make you taller though.

My goodness!

Let alone I said let's get back ON topic with the original question.

Using drugs in order to try to gain strength tarnishes every feat of strength you achieve, including grippers. Defending drug use and even saying it does not help, tarnishes you in the eyes of some. At least Mobsterone has now come clean. Who else has the guts to admit it their drug use in their quest for bigger muscles increased strength and a stronger grip? My guess is nobody. There are clearly some who have now cast doubt upon themselves. People need to be careful what they say elsewhere other than at the Gripboard. What you have said in other places counts the same as if you had said it here.

Using drugs in order to try to gain strength tarnishes every feat of strength you achieve, including grippers.

I agree. Wow, words of wisdom from OldGuy!!! :happy:bow

if strossen had a problem with steroids he would not publish all the results from olympic weightlifting. Just look at what the Irains are lifting since getting the former bulgarain coach. bye the way to rick walker great dl at 198. the records are out of sight because of the crazy equipment which we all know does not help the dl. drugs suck I remember seeing ed coan dl 859 at 198 it was easy but at what cost to his health! :bow

Would it tarnish the #4 closure?

From the response to the original question of this thread.In some minds yes"..in some minds not?

Perhaps what matters more though?

Would it be an OFFICIAL lift?Would it count in MILO?Would it be reported?Would you get on the list?

That is a tough one ,eh?

Here is a thought:

If we go through DOZENS of volumes of MILO and read about DOZENS of athletes and/or as we scan hundreds of photographs in MILO from strongman,O-lifting,Powerlifting,arm wrestling etc.what conclusion do we draw?

From what we see ...what would be 'fair'to report?

I think this is a harder question.

Guest Youngguy

Basically I meant that Steroids does not tarnish the feat. On the other hand of other drungs then my opinion changes. Stuff like speed and such is unfair play, because it only makes you capable for that moment.

Basically I meant that Steroids does not tarnish the feat. On the other hand of other drungs then my opinion changes. Stuff like speed and such is unfair play, because it only makes you capable for that moment.

What you said is steroids don't help strength at all.

So, therefore, your conclusion would be the #4 close would not be tarnished.

Am I correct?