Tom's Training

Tom Scibelli

3/29/14

2HP: 12X127.5

Hey man...I'm curious. When you write say 12 x 127.5...is that in a row (push to failure kind of thing) or smaller sets? Thanks.

hey Nate, I've just been putting my last set in here. So my last set I try and do as many as I can without re-gripping, then I'll do as many as I can with resetting my grip. So for this last set I did 4 reps without re-gripping, then another 8 with a grip reset--total 12.

Gotcha. Thanks.

O Axle: 1x317
What happened? Off day or deload?

Lol, this was my 1 week, but my axle hasn't been strong lately, I'm going to add some more volume in next cycle and see if that can get me out of this rut.

How far back do you go when you reset the training max?(5%, 20 lbs., etc) Is it the same for grip and non-grip lifts?

How far back do you go when you reset the training max?(5%, 20 lbs., etc) Is it the same for grip and non-grip lifts?

Yeah I'm trying to do the same for grip as non-grip lifts. I started 5/3/1 for the Axle back in Oct using numbers for 295, I'm now using 330. If I was to reset, I'd probably just use 317 for my max since I only got it once yesterday, but the stubborn part of me wants to try 330 again to see if I can push through.

4/10/14

Grippers: Received the MM1 and my warm-up and attempts on the gripper was my gripper workout. This is what my warm-up looked like:

8XCoC1

5XCoC1.5

3XGHP5

1XRB210

1XCoC2.5(filed)

Then I took the MM1 attempts, the gripper was tough! It felt in the high 150's definitely, I'm guessing anywhere from 156-159.

Here's the shortened video:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

4/21/2014

Grippers: 4xgnc250(rgc 144)--getting 5 would been a pr, but couldn't manage it.

4/22/14

2hp: 9x139.5(pr)

After that I decided to give 5 10's a shot and to my surprise, they came up!

• Like 4

4/22/142hp: 9x139.5(pr)After that I decided to give 5 10's a shot and to my surprise, they came up!http://youtu.be/Md2jZGGtn9U

CONGRATS TOM!!!

Congrats! I think you can knock out a few more of those goals.

Thanks Josh,I'm going to give it my best

Awesome work! I knew it was just a matter of time until you killed that.

Great job Tom. Strong Pinching!

Awesome work! I knew it was just a matter of time until you killed that.

Thanks Carl, looking forward to seeing your video of 5 10's

Nice work with that pile of ten pound plates!

Nice work with that pile of ten pound plates!

Thanks Eric!

4/24/14

DO Axle: 6x286.5--axle is doing terrible, after this I started doing sets of hand to hand tosses with my 90# boscoe bell, got a pretty good pump and soreness in my forearms, I'm probably going to set the axle aside for a while and do some different thing with thick bar.

Congrats on the PR man! That kinda rep work is hell on the skin, have you considered doing volume work with gloves? Helps me get that work in without splitting the skin